the afl player tattoo file

Remove this Banner Ad

They should make some dollars if they are going to draw on themselves .. might as well put a sponsor there .. $$$ka-ching$$$.

My personal view is I am against it and I reckon they look shit tbh.. "your" body isnt yours .. it belongs to our creator.. how dare we desicrate it. If it was meant to be there it would of been there from the start of your life.

They should make some dollars if they are going to draw on themselves .. might as well put a sponsor there .. $$$ka-ching$$$.

My personal view is I am against it and I reckon they look shit tbh.. "your" body isnt yours .. it belongs to our creator.. how dare we desicrate it. If it was meant to be there it would of been there from the start of your life.

so i take it that you're against all forms of medicine and surgery too? what about make up and peircings?? what about scars?? they arent there when you're born. you probably shouldn't cut your hair or nails either because they were meant to grow and we shouldnt do anything that is against gods will.

All it took was a few judgemental idiots to derail this thread so far. Footballers tats please.

It doesn't make me feel better nor worse.

As I said, it is amusing when asking someone as to why they got their tattoo's that their reasoning goes against any sound logic.
I've heard many a reason but by far and large they are not the truth and in that I find call for amusement.

If they just said, "I like people looking at me because they think I am cool", then I'd get it, but this is not what you get and instead you are dealt with all sorts of contrived notions masking as some grander premise.

By the way, I can change my hair tomorrow. I can buy new clothing at call. I can choose to wear make-up of any colour and description (o.k. maybe not because I am male) and wash it off for a new look the next day, but tattoo's?

You can see the difference, can't you?

I have two tattoos - one on my upper left arm and one one my back behind the right shoulder blade. The only time that people ever see them are when I am at the beach, so I'm not sure why I would think that people think I look cool. When I am older I don't think I'll be running around shirtless so people won't even know I have them. I got them for different reasons. I got the one on my arm just because I like the look of it. The one on my back I actually got to cover up a scar that I had from getting a melanoma removed. Every person's reasons are different. Who gave you the right to be so judgmental?

Oh dear:rolleyes:

I like it how Swan and Beams have colourful sleeve tats, I find it aesthetically pleasing from a distance. And it adds more visual variability between the players when you're watching the game. I tend not to like the pure-black tats (like on Brad Dick's neck and Adam Cooney's calf), as I think they look kinda messy/dirty/smudged when you see them from far away.

Some of my favourite pr0n stars have tats too. I think it's probably a risk to get them though, as whether it looks good depends a lot on body shape/size and the exact positioning and shape of the tat. And then they look good from some angles, but not other angles, etc.

I have two tattoos - one on my upper left arm and one one my back behind the right shoulder blade. The only time that people ever see them are when I am at the beach, so I'm not sure why I would think that people think I look cool. When I am older I don't think I'll be running around shirtless so people won't even know I have them. I got them for different reasons. I got the one on my arm just because I like the look of it. The one on my back I actually got to cover up a scar that I had from getting a melanoma removed. Every person's reasons are different. Who gave you the right to be so judgmental?

I have every right by way of free speech, but I have no right to announce my judgment as being definitive.
I've just bought back into this thread after seeing statements such as: "Everyone with a tattoo is a douchebag"
Now that is out-rightly stupid and quite frankly dangerously ignorant.

I bought into the tattoo debate from the angle of some of the lies given for some attaining them and not setting out to pitch an IQ status for anyone with them.
I could have easily have had them myself but for the fact that once I turned 18 the novelty wore off.
If I had have acquired them, my honest reasoning would have been because I thought they were cool or I that I felt somewhat individual for having them.
Is this what I would have told others as to why I got them; Hell no, as I would have had some sort of spongy and grander reasoning for them, yet the truth would have been quite different.
I may have even set my mind into believing my own crap, as we all have the capacity to do so, but when it's all broken down and stripped back, we will find that our reasons for getting tattoos is quite simple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dane and Claye Beams in 50 years time.

old%20man.jpg
images

Dane Swan in 2040 at the '50 years since Collingwoods last flag' gig.

tattooto5.jpg

Most tatts I've seen are too hard to make out what they represent unless you look closely. I've seen street graffiti with more artistic merit.

I like it how Swan and Beams have colourful sleeve tats, I find it aesthetically pleasing from a distance. And it adds more visual variability between the players when you're watching the game. I tend not to like the pure-black tats (like on Brad Dick's neck and Adam

From a distance it looks like they've slid over the sponsor's logos on the ground.

I would love to see a study done on people who have tattoos or not who are either;
A) uni students (or have a degree)
B) non-uni students

no disrespect to anyone who hasn't gone to uni, I'm not saying you're not intelligent, just on a whole people with degrees are more intelligent than those without...

I would predict a high correlation between non-uni students and tattoos, while a very low correlation between having a degree and having a tattoo.

USUALLY people with tattoos are quite stupid (not saying all!).

I think you'd be suprised. I'm a uni student and there are heaps and heaps of students with tatts. And that's only based on the ones that you can see (ie. arms or legs where you can easily see them), I'd imagine there's even more students who have tatts and you just can't see them.

Remove this Banner Ad

the afl player tattoo file

Remove this Banner Ad

Back