The AFL's anti-doping tribunal

Remove this Banner Ad

I just don't think it is going to matter, we are going to know due to Essendon's Rd 1 team. If they are found not guilty the provisional suspensions will be lifted

yep.

Should the players be found guilty of taking the banned substance Thymosin beta 4 as ASADA has alleged, they will almost certainly appeal, meaning the saga will continue to run into the 2015 season proper. If exonerated by chairman Jones at a specially convened session in the County Court they will be free to play in round one.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...n-34-to-know-on-march-31-20150313-14318x.html

I just don't think it is going to matter, we are going to know due to Essendon's Rd 1 team. If they are found not guilty the provisional suspensions will be lifted
Didn't I read somewhere though that if even one player is found guilty, the others won't be able to play? That was in a newspaper article in the last few days, I remember reading it and literally going "WTF"

I don't think I could trust anyone who managed to argue that Barry Hall should have been allowed to play in the 2005 GF!!

But I am very, very biased in that regard :cry:

I am equally biased, however a DVD released by the AFL 12 months prior explaining the "in play" definition was what secured Barry Hall's "release". Not the Tribunal. I doubt that anyone envisaged that the rules would create a set of circumstances where Barry Hall would get off a charge like that but they did. Blame the rules for that one, not the Tribunal.

Didn't I read somewhere though that if even one player is found guilty, the others won't be able to play? That was in a newspaper article in the last few days, I remember reading it and literally going "WTF"

It's possible, nothing would surprise me TBH. That would be the worst outcome IMO, hopefully it's all guilty or all not guilty

This may be the reason for the 31st , the tribunal have a busy schedule ahead.

Patrick Keane ‏@AFL_PKeane 19s19 seconds ago
Crowley case dates: • ASADA submission 2/4/15 • Player submission 17/4 • AFL submission 21/4 • ASADA submission reply 24/4 • Hearing 1/5.

well you probably are well aware that I've said numerous times I don't buy into the timing being significant.
I love it when you do that thing of telling what you have said before. It's like when you miss two episodes of West Wing and get confused because the president is under the knife and CJ has a fish, but the highlights reel keeps you just about informed.

Previously on Uppercut...

I love it when you do that thing of telling what you have said before. It's like when you miss two episodes of West Wing and get confused because the president is under the knife and CJ has a fish, but the highlights reel keeps you just about informed.

Oh you are on roll this morning! :thumbsu::fire:

According to Mr Howe, Henwood strode to the fence and remonstrated with him.
“I thought it was a moment of hot-headedness and would pass,” recalls Mr Howe. “But I was wrong. At the end of the quarter, Henwood returned to the fence, pointed at me and said a few things. At three-quarter-time he was back. With the same message.”
Mr Howe wasn’t inclined to stick around. Midway through the last quarter, with Henwood’s voice still ringing in his ears, he “remembered that I was due home to help out with dinner that night” and left the SCG.

What a marvellous tale of adventure that was.

Sounds as though the old boy damn near engaged fisticuffs

What a frightful character this Henwood chap must be

Tally ho!

So you were just throwing the question out there to gauge public sentiment, were you?
yep, just trying to fit in. We love a good conspiracy theory on the HTB

heh yeah like it, bit like a reality show ya reckon? You know, the one's where you can only conclude the producers honestly think that 90% of the population have had a recent lobotomy by the amount of times they sum up what's happened before the ad break?

heh yeah like it, bit like a reality show ya reckon? You know, the one's where you can only conclude the producers honestly think that 90% of the population have had a recent lobotomy by the amount of times they sum up what's happened before the ad break?
Exactly like that!

I'm bored. Would it be okay if I made some wiki notes for a bit then came back later today with a list of stuff the Romans did? Because I know you would be totally into that.

I am so regretting the centurion post - seemed innocuous at the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly like that!

I'm bored. Would it be okay if I made some wiki notes for a bit then came back later today with a list of stuff the Romans did? Because I know you would be totally into that.

I am so regretting the centurion post - seemed innocuous at the time.
just don't you leave us for long

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL's anti-doping tribunal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back