Women's Footy The AFLW Thread – Round 3 vs. North @ Casey (Sunday, 1:05 pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

No, she returned and did her quad in a preseason training session.

Kane wasn't pleased, already shared his opinion on twitter.

Personally i don't care to much, she asked and cleared it with the club almost a year in advance
Meh. Kind of agree. But if it was Petracca who did his quad in and around the Olympics during preseason, I reckon there would be more said about it.

Practice match and all , i reckon coach will be disappointed with how the team is playing .
Port seem to be killing us on speed and transition

Some undisciplined stuff , poor decisions , a fair(too much) bit of bombing it in . Not fussed with the score line , a worry that the Power went around and through us too easily . Let the season begin .
Late comeback attempt as well

Seemed a bit of repeats of those finals last year. But just a praccy match nothing to worry over yet

Tough start to the season though - Geelong in Geelong, then Brisbane and Norf at Casey. Could easily be 0-3.

That said, we did trade out a lot of regulars last year so a bit in transition list wise. Seemed to have phoned in the praccy's a bit too. Hopefully they lift when the real stuff starts.

Yeah midfield seems a little thin without her. Geelong murdered our mids in the SF. Hopefully beasley and Worherspoon step up.
Really hope the Womens program is not affected by the stench around the club ATM .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be interesting to see how we go without Birch this season .
Feel Birch was a bit overrated over the past couple of years. But we have lost plenty of regulars so interesting how we go.

Also from other results teams like St Kilda, GWS etc seem to be improving

Feel Birch was a bit overrated over the past couple of years. But we have lost plenty of regulars so interesting how we go.

Also from other results teams like St Kilda, GWS etc seem to be improving
She had a bit of mongrel about her , even if she was getting beaten . Anyway tough place to start the season .

Pretty even match, the Cats more than capable of punishing fumbling and missed targets, but really tough conditions to play in for both teams .
Yep, round 1 rust plus the conditions making it a scrappy game. McNamara and Hore looking really good. Harris looking well short of a run but at least hasn't lost her aggression.

Reckon it might be worth sending Heater to Prespakis 2nd half, she's their most damaging mid atm and getting some good drive for them.

Yep, round 1 rust plus the conditions making it a scrappy game. McNamara and Hore looking really good. Harris looking well short of a run but at least hasn't lost her aggression.

Reckon it might be worth sending Heater to Prespakis 2nd half, she's their most damaging mid atm and getting some good drive for them.
That and I’d move Bannon up the ground , sort of just running around atm . Prespakis is a gun , good luck trying to keep her quiet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Women's Footy The AFLW Thread – Round 3 vs. North @ Casey (Sunday, 1:05 pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back