The Age article

Remove this Banner Ad

Remember, this was before his fall from grace in 2001. So that gets rid of a couple of names doesn't it?

no!

i initially thought that

but it never refers to the fact that the guy already had those medals in his possession at the time of the incident

he may have had neither, he may just have had the premiership, or just have had the brownlow

or he may have had both at the time

no!

i initially thought that

but it never refers to the fact that the guy already had those medals in his possession at the time of the incident

he may have had neither, he may just have had the premiership, or just have had the brownlow

actually i take it back - you may be right - though it is a bit ambiguous

Hmmm, I can think of another high profile Brownlow medalist and premiership player that you didn't mention. :)

there are two eagles as well - but it days it isn't an eagle

EDIT: Geez i'm struggling tonight - getting my articles mixed up - clearly this article doesn't exclude the eagles - so I guess you can include cousins.

I think Judd would be okay - as 2001 was his first year

I have no idea if the article is true or not, but it's worth while remembering who this guy is.

Andrew Fraser was a criminal lawyer before a cocaine habit led him to conspire with a former client to smuggle the drug from Africa in 1999. He was sentenced to a minimum five years' jail in 2001 after pleading guilty to trafficking, possession and importation. He was released last September after providing new evidence that led to Peter Norris Dupas being charged with the murder of Mersina Halvagis nine years ago. His book Court in the Middle will be published by Hardie Grant in October.

Heh wouldn't that be funny if it was him.
Well not so much funny as friggin hilarious.

Sorry, I shouldn't have added the smiley face.........

It seemed amusing initially, however, upon reflection, I'd actually hate to see his reputation tarnished towards the end of what has been a great career in football..

I have no idea if the article is true or not, but it's worth while remembering who this guy is.

Andrew Fraser was a criminal lawyer before a cocaine habit led him to conspire with a former client to smuggle the drug from Africa in 1999. He was sentenced to a minimum five years' jail in 2001 after pleading guilty to trafficking, possession and importation. He was released last September after providing new evidence that led to Peter Norris Dupas being charged with the murder of Mersina Halvagis nine years ago. His book Court in the Middle will be published by Hardie Grant in October.

Yeah, that last bit in particular.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no!

i initially thought that

Remember, this was before his (Andrew Fraser's) fall from grace in 2001. So that gets rid of a couple of names doesn't it? I think Ricciuto, Goodes and Black not eligible.. Akermanis also unlikely (won in 2001, year that Fraser went away).

Have another read

they were all premiership players
At the time

... and they were all snorting the white powder.

I was not shocked at footballers consuming coke but I was surprised that these high-profile players were having such a red hot go. Especially a Brownlow medallist.
ie he knew at the time he had a BM

there are two eagles as well - but it days it isn't an eagle

EDIT: Geez i'm struggling tonight - getting my articles mixed up - clearly this article doesn't exclude the eagles - so I guess you can include cousins.

I think Judd would be okay - as 2001 was his first year

Well, 2002 actually. Well and truly in the clear.

That's a good question. Why can't we offer our uneducated opinions as to who we think it is?

For the same reason the article doesn't name them.

If you read the article carefully you'll work out the name.

Hint : "One night before my spectacular fall from grace"

well given this quote from the age two weeks back
One of the Blues' great finals players reputedly played under the influence of drugs — "his eyes would be rolling around like mad", recalls a contemporary — and later became a dealer among younger players. He saw a Carlton player at a nightclub during the finals in the late 1990s and, while commiserating with him for being dropped from the side, slipped the embarrassed player some drugs.
http://www.theage.com.au/realfooty/...ealings-rampant/2007/03/10/1173478728591.html
it may not be so hard to work out who they are talking about

That's not true.

In the article he didn't say the player was a Brownlow medalist at the time.

The implication was that he did

I was not shocked at footballers consuming coke but I was surprised that these high-profile players were having such a red hot go. Especially a Brownlow medallist.
That reads as present tense ie he knew he was a BM

Mind you I must point out that this is purely speculation based upon the published account of a discredited party. As an exercise in working out who they are talking about, that is fine as it is the Age have published this information. This does not mean that the particular party has been identified in the press as a drug user/dealer.

Any posts accusing any player based upon this article alone as a drug user or dealer in drugs is not permittable under the rules of Big Footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Age article

Remove this Banner Ad

Back