The Ashes

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we? Surely we've hit the pads twice in 130 odd overs???

I knew stacking our side with all these Twenty20 players would pay off eventually. 240 off 20 boys and have the Poms back in before tea.

Gary ****ing Neville. **** me.

^ Still better than Brian Taylor of course ;)

You don't have to mop out the commentary box when BT is doing his thang.

True - that usually just involves clear liquid discharged orally. But the aural bleeding caused makes it rather more painful from this vantage.

After all, I only hear these people mate.

I don't have to stand next to them with the towels and the cleaning fluid
Ics8FRq.gif

I am not impressed with the amount of time the English bowlers spend off the ground in between spells.

Cheating pricks.

Me too, they go off all the bloody time - I can even name the sub fielder as I've seen him on the field so much, Ben Foakes???

I am not impressed with the amount of time the English bowlers spend off the ground in between spells.

Cheating pricks.

I don't understand why they bother pretending. Just send out the keeper, a bowler and 9 substitute fielders. We'll have 30 people in the team just like gridiron.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They've done well to turn a review system into guesswork. I await the review system for the review system.

If we're any danger of winning they'll pull the pin for light at 2 in the afternoon.

Well we are right in this game! I thought Cook and Trott would bat all afternoon, the latter looked in great touch. He seems to have a habit of playing lazy shots at good times for us though... Winner! Suddenly they are 5 down and we are right on top.

Very lame pitch though, nothing in it at all.

Don't see result decks too often these days and England unlikely to prepare one at 2-0 up either. The decks are flatter these days but tests often don't go the distance, so I'd imagine a nice lively surface ending up in a 3 day game would result in a pretty frank letter from the host association letting the curator know how much money he just cost them.

Didn't watch much last night due to working early doors this morning and the frankly dull opening exchanges where we could barely get them to play one ball an over. Wasted the new rock but seems like we came back strong anyway. Glad Lyon picked up a few poles - not the most inspiring bowler but like it or not, he is our best spinner.

Warner misses straight one. Warnie is talking about how late it moved. Seamed in a touch, but that's where a proper technique comes in handy. Would be nice if a commentator would point this out occasionally.

Have mercy.

"Warner has the 4th best strike rate in test cricket as an opener, behind Sehwag, Afridi and Dilshan. He scores quickly so if he'd batted for an hour it could have been very effective in a low scoring game."

And if Glen Maxwell could bat for an entire day we could declare a thousand in front. Nasser Hussain - you dick.

Not wanting to jinx anything, but the stage really is set here for Warner to play a redeeming innings. He looks in good touch. A big score from him would help get us over the line, help lock down his opening spot, and earn him some brownie points after the whole Root fiasco back at the start of the series.

Not wanting to jinx anything, but the stage really is set here for Warner to play a redeeming innings. He looks in good touch. A big score from him would help get us over the line, help lock down his opening spot, and earn him some brownie points after the whole Root fiasco back at the start of the series.

Consider it jinxed.

No but you're right, he looked in great touch when I was watching it last night. I was fairly disappointed they couldn't even push it to a fifth day, even just a token few overs? FFS.

Slept at 0/101... what a disaster

what does winning feel like again?

I went to bed at Tea and posted on the cricket board that I hoped we were only 3 down at stumps. We were 3 down at stumps, whoops.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back