The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

God awful from West Coast today. Just zero pressure, attack on the footy, no run, no effort.

Just shocking.

But you got to watch Reid.

Umm yeah, no one is pinching him.
It's an odd one, his first 2 games of the season were very good but his form has fallen off a cliff.

I'm on the view it's a lot to do with the slow gamestyle there and a move elsewhere would be best for his career, but the Saints would want 2 1st rounders for him as a minimum.

Max King will be a gun. He has proved that he’s capable of kicking 50+ goals in a season as an undeveloped KPF in an average team.

Pretty sure most were saying TDK was shite last year as well. Now he’s flying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Max King will be a gun. He has proved that he’s capable of kicking 50+ goals in a season as an undeveloped KPF in an average team.

Yeah I'd happily take King.

His biggest problem is he plays in a shit side. Yes he's out of form, the body language doesn't look good etc. Doesn't take much for that to turn.

Would trade pick one for Max King.

Ross Lyon has always been a football terrorist.

If you are North or St Kilda?
North. You already have Larkey. But I also don't think the Saints should be entertaining moving him on either. How often do clubs really get these big key forwards that can dominate? He's having a down season but he's still a great player.

It really depends on the draft I suppose. Would I trade Max King for a Harley Reid type? No chance in hell. If it's a weaker draft with no clear first selection, maybe.

North. You already have Larkey. But I also don't think the Saints should be entertaining moving him on either. How often do clubs really get these big key forwards that can dominate? He's having a down season but he's still a great player.

It really depends on the draft I suppose. Would I trade Max King for a Harley Reid type? No chance in hell. If it's a weaker draft with no clear first selection, maybe.

They don't have much outside Larkey..

How many do?

I know we've got Curnow/McKay, you've got Amartey/McDonald. Most clubs don't have 2 big key forwards.

Hell, the reigning premiers won without one last season. One is good enough.

Precisely why going for King might be a good idea for them..

We've got Amartey/McDonald/McLean plus Reid (who's now fit) and Buller who debuted last year. We actually have a heap of KPF.

And when that one goes down with an injury?

Precisely why going for King might be a good idea for them..

We've got Amartey/McDonald/McLean plus Reid (who's now fit) and Buller who debuted last year. We actually have a heap of KPF.

And when that one goes down with an injury?
You mean like the reigning premiers? McStay went down with a knee and they won without him.

KPF's are good to have but when you've already got a good one, there's no reason to sell the farm for another one. Especially where the list currently is at North. Like I said, it would depend on the draft and who's coming through. There's no way anyone would've traded pick 1 (Reid) last season for Max King.

You mean like the reigning premiers? McStay went down with a knee and they won without him.

KPF's are good to have but when you've already got a good one, there's no reason to sell the farm for another one. Especially where the list currently is at North. Like I said, it would depend on the draft and who's coming through. There's no way anyone would've traded pick 1 (Reid) last season for Max King.

Yeah like the reigning premiers who used Mason Cox as a key forward and still had Mihocek and Hill as effective forwards. They also brought in Frampton for McStay, another key position player who could play at either end as needed. Again, who do North have outside of Larkey?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back