The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

The shit list because they wouldn't get a game in the Swans midfield.

Includes essentially the entire Carlton midfield with the exception of Cripps by the way.

View attachment 2037435
No one is arguing with you?

Cripps is our only elite midfielder. Walsh's disposal by foot is mediocre. I don't think Walsh is elite.

It's good you're finally understanding the word elite though.

Cripps is our only elite midfielder. Walsh's disposal by foot is mediocre. I don't think Walsh is elite.

What is your definition of elite?

As it actually seems to be at odds with what pretty much everyone else considers it.

The AFL consider it 44.

AFL Ratings 50.

Champion Data 70.

Jatz = 5.

What is your definition of elite?

As it actually seems to be at odds with what pretty much everyone else considers it.
Does it? There was two other posters that disagreed with your definition of elite on the last page alone.

I get it, you're looking for the green shoots while your team is shithouse. I've clearly been through that.

So you're basically arguing on a terminology semantics point? Would it make you feel better if we said the North midfield is their strongest attribute so they should be focussing their recruitment on their weakest areas? It doesn't change the point being made at all.

Swans were 15th this time last year, would you be sitting here saying our team is shit because we're 15th? We're now 1st with the exact same midfield except Adams is in for Mills and Jordon is in for Parker. Hardly the massive upgrades you'd expect.

Does it? There was two other posters that disagreed with your definition of elite on the last page alone.

I get it, you're looking for the green shoots while your team is shithouse. I've clearly been through that.

I'll repeat my post

The AFL consider it 44.

AFL Ratings 50.

Champion Data 70.

Jatz = 5?

So you're basically arguing on a terminology semantics point? Would it make you feel better if we said the North midfield is their strongest attribute so they should be focussing their recruitment on their weakest areas? It doesn't change the point being made at all.

Swans were 15th this time last year, would you be sitting here saying our team is shit because we're 15th? We're now 1st with the exact same midfield except Adams is in for Mills and Jordon is in for Parker. Hardly the massive upgrades you'd expect.
Yes, I would.

And I know, Carlton did the same thing. Our football that was being played during that time was ****ing shit.

North. You already have Larkey. But I also don't think the Saints should be entertaining moving him on either. How often do clubs really get these big key forwards that can dominate? He's having a down season but he's still a great player.

It really depends on the draft I suppose. Would I trade Max King for a Harley Reid type? No chance in hell. If it's a weaker draft with no clear first selection, maybe.
Larkey gets double teamed every week which would stop immediately. Top 5 of the draft is 4 mids and 1 key defender. No Harley Reid this year.

Yes, I would.

And I know, Carlton did the same thing. Our football that was being played during that time was ****ing shit.

So Errol Gulden is a better player now than he was 12 months ago? Because of the ladder position of the team?

That's just ****ing dumb.

Do you think LDU is top 44 in the league?

I'll happily go with 44. He's not in it for me.

Thats fine. It's an uninformed objective opinion probably based on 5-6 games a year you watch.

He's rated 17th by AFL Ratings/CD.

10th in 2023.

31st in 2022.

It would seem it's a major statistical outlier to be so wrong regarding him, year on year.

One that clubs clearly haven't identified given he has offers of $1.4m a season to leave via Free Agency.

Last edited:
Larkey gets double teamed every week which would stop immediately. Top 5 of the draft is 4 mids and 1 key defender. No Harley Reid this year.
You don't need Max King for that though. Go throw money at any forward really.

I get the appeal to him, I just don't think you need someone of that high a calibre.

Thats fine. It's an uninformed objective opinion probably based on 5-6 games a year you watch.

He's rated 17th by AFL Ratings/CD.

10th in 2023.

31st in 2022.
Sure. Enjoy your money ball rankings. Must be fun looking forward to post game seeing exactly who sits where in a meaningless ranking category.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Errol Gulden is a better player now than he was 12 months ago? Because of the ladder position of the team?

That's just ****ing dumb.
That is the third time today you've read something I've written and then claimed something I never said. Try reading before throwing your arms up in despair.

Lol. Salty.

Stats are always shit when they don't support your argument I guess.

"Norf are shit!" seems much more logical.
Why on earth would I be salty? My team is sitting second and is a premiership threat.

But yes, I'm terribly upset because a random North nuffie overrates his team...

That is the third time today you've read something I've written and then claimed something I never said. Try reading before throwing your arms up in despair.

"Would you say our team is shit because it's sitting 15th"
"Yes"

So Errol Gulden was shit because we were sitting 15th?

Don't think it's me misreading you it's you not comprehending the point being made.

You keep falling back on "Lol well Norf don't win games so their midfield can't be very good" as if it means anything other than to support Bojan and my original point that they need to be targeting key position players.

"Would you say our team is shit because it's sitting 15th"
"Yes"

So Errol Gulden was shit because we were sitting 15th?

Don't think it's me misreading you it's you not comprehending the point being made.

You keep falling back on "Lol well Norf don't win games so their midfield can't be very good" as if it means anything other than to support Bojan and my original point that they need to be targeting key position players.
jennifer lawrence ok GIF

Sure mate.

In actual news, terribly saddening to hear what Jamie Cripps' wife is going through. Far too young to be dealing with that.

jennifer lawrence ok GIF

Sure mate.

Weird response. I think you're missing the point being made or you've just dug your heels in and are refusing to acknowledge your initial knee jerk take was a bit off the mark.

You don't need Max King for that though. Go throw money at any forward really.

I get the appeal to him, I just don't think you need someone of that high a calibre.
Maybe not but why wouldn't we try to get a player of that high a calibre?

I certainly will!

LDU, Sheezel and Wardlaw are brilliant players to watch.

You should try it.

Wardlaw in particular is a ripper. I'm sure people of Jatz's ilk will be suddenly frothing about him in a year or two saying "Where's this come from?!" as if he's just popped into existence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back