The 'battle' for eighth

Remove this Banner Ad

If Tigers beat lions by 6 goals and the Eagles beat Hawks by 6 goals would that be enough for Eagles and Lions to swap places?

Lions have a lot riding on this game, can lose but need to limit the damage.

It'd fall short by about 0.2%, so anything much above that would do it.

Hawthorn have only had one loss worse than 6 goals in the past two seasons, and with their game before the Bulldogs, have plenty to play for. Even in Perth, it's not a game that WC can expect to grind percentage from - it'll come down to how well we play on Sunday.

Hawks a chance against the eagles if it’s a wet weather match but Bulldogs confidence high can’t see them losing after last two games.

Bombers likely to rest any sore players and prepare for week 1 of finals. Meaning at least no Heppell, Hooker & Zaharakis.

Bulldogs 7th
Bombers 8th

I wouldn’t like to be playing GWS on the rebound. History shows that usually after a bad loss (particularly when playing at home) they come out pretty strongly.

The Dogs have inflated opinions in the football world after knocking off 22 pathetic witches hats last week. The talk this week about them has been a little over the top and the Giants have picked a stronger side for this game.
Oh boy :oops:

Hawks a chance against the eagles if it’s a wet weather match but Bulldogs confidence high can’t see them losing after last two games.

Bombers likely to rest any sore players and prepare for week 1 of finals. Meaning at least no Heppell, Hooker & Zaharakis.

Bulldogs 7th
Bombers 8th

Whilst that tactic could backfire (if west coast lose you could end up facing them - 5th v 8th or you end up facing GWS up there - 5th v 7th), if it meant getting those 3 back in good nick then it would likely be worth it.

Playing first doesnt help. But best of luck in the finals!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crows are a bottom 4 rabble at the moment, only wins lately have been Gold Coast and St Kilda. Absolutely zero chance of making the finals and I expect them to end up the lowest of all the contenders for eighth. Doggies will deservedly play finals.

To be fair the Dogs probably shouldn't have been so far down to start with so if they had lost by a goal or two they would be saying the same thing re missed chance.

There are a million variables since that game as well. But it is a fact that you should not be losing games when you are 6 goals up coming into the last quarter.

The 8 is set now

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

No, no it's not.

If Ade or Port or Hawks win and by enough they go in if, down to %.

If dogs win and bomb outs lose, dogs jump bomb outs and finish 7th. (that's what I'm also hoping)

On face value you'd think dogs most likely then port, but the most likely didn't happen on the weekend just gone.

• No one predicted the thrashings of port or crows or giants, in fact most had them as favourites.
  • Most predicted that freo would win at home.
A week is long time in footy................... will have to wait and see.

Yep. Got that one way wrong!

First person in the history of the sport to get a thought/prediction incorrect.
No it was just a really unusually bad thing to write and didn't seem like it had much thought put into it. So because the margin was big against your mob it was because your mob was as you put it, witches hate, but if it was a close game win, then people would say how crap are they, they couldn't even beat the Bombers with some key injuries.

No it was just a really unusually bad thing to write and didn't seem like it had much thought put into it. So because the margin was big against your mob it was because your mob was as you put it, witches hate, but if it was a close game win, then people would say how crap are they, they couldn't even beat the Bombers with some key injuries.

Really? A bad thing to write that "didn't seem like it had much thought put into it"?

It was a great and thoroughly deserved win by the Bulldogs after I predicted the GWS would win (not the only one either) ...

Take a look at recent results when GWS have lost and their response:

- Round 2 (Lost to West Coast by 52 points), responded in Round 3 at home to beat Richmond (49 points)
- Round 5 (Lost to Fremantle by 24 points), responded in Round 6 at the SCG to beat Sydney (41 points)
- Round 8 (Lost to Hawthorn by 33 points), responded in Round 9 at home to beat Carlton (93 points)
- Round 12 (Lost to Adelaide by 21 points), responded in Round 13 in Hobart to beat North Melbourne (23 points)
- Round 17 (Lost to Richmond by 27 points), responded in Round 18 at home to beat Collingwood (47 points)

Some pretty good rebounds there after poor performances the week before. I based my prediction on that with some thought. And no sour grapes from an Essendon perspective... we were absolutely pathetic in our match against the Dogs and deserved to lose by at least 20 goals.

Given their track record this year I expected the Giants to perform better on the rebound and win. Didn't happen. Not the first or last time I will get a prediction wrong either.

Remove this Banner Ad

The 'battle' for eighth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back