Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
This probably doesn't need a thread, but I feel pretty compelled to make one cause I just flat out loved the shit out of this.

Jeremy Allen White, plays a chef that comes back home to Chicago (after living in the world of fine dining) to run his deceased's brother's beef sandwich shop.

Dunno why there aren't any good scripted shows set in a kitchen, but from the jump this sets the tone. It's stressful, it's chaotic, the camera never stops moving, the needle-drops are perfect.

I'm already itching to rewatch it all again.

Last edited:
And some end-of-season spoiler thoughts.

Have watched some great season finales this year that have ended in cliffhangers. I loved this one so much because it wasn't. I'd be crestfallen if it didn't get a second season, but hard to deny it as just a perfect ending, and a pretty perfect season of television if it came to it.

The oner was outstanding.

What a run Bernthal is on.

PSA: This is now up on Disney+ which is giving me the prefect excuse to run it back.
Thanks for keeping this thread going. Binged this today as part of what would otherwise have been a very dull day at work. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Makes me really want to cook something new, maybe what his sister was cooking at her house. Agree on the spoiler, one of the best finales I've seen in a long while.

Very well made.

I’ve never really rated Jeremy Allen White as an actor, and to be fair he’s still playing a version of Lip Gallagher in this, but he has some great moments in this show. The monologue towards the end of the season in particular.

I wish there was more of this to watch.

I’ve never really rated Jeremy Allen White as an actor, and to be fair he’s still playing a version of Lip Gallagher in this, but he has some great moments in this show. The monologue towards the end of the season in particular.
Lots of potential. Shameless has just run far too long. Should have been a 5 season show and the cast could have rode the momentum to bigger things. With the success of this I could see him getting a Marvel role and hopefully that carries on.

Lots of potential. Shameless has just run far too long. Should have been a 5 season show and the cast could have rode the momentum to bigger things. With the success of this I could see him getting a Marvel role and hopefully that carries on.

grimace-clint-eastwood.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very well made.

I wish there was more of this to watch.
The highlighted is exactly my thoughts exactly

I'm only three episodes in (watched them last night) and I said to my wife he is playing Lip again. Run down part of Chicago, alcohol issues, smoker ext.

I liked Lip as a character though, so its not all bad

The highlighted is exactly my thoughts exactly

I'm only three episodes in (watched them last night) and I said to my wife he is playing Lip again. Run down part of Chicago, alcohol issues, smoker ext.

I liked Lip as a character though, so its not all bad
+ Anger issues, flawed genius, roped back into his old life because of his low socio economic family.

The oner was fantastic, but then caught this a few weeks ago.

A feature, one-take and maybe even more chaotic and darker than the Bear. And they're turning it into a series (as a sequel). Def worth the watch.

Kitchens are in vogue, rightfully so.

Just finished the last episode last night

Not sure what to think about this show tbh

It's good, but at the end of the series I was kinda like 'what was the point of it?'

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Streaming The Bear

Remove this Banner Ad

Back