Streaming The Bear

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Just finished the last episode last night

Not sure what to thin about this show tbh

It's good, but at the end of the series I was kinda like 'what was the point of it?'

Same feelings. I definitely enjoyed myself but couldn't look past how chaotic a bloody sandwhich bar was and how unrealistic that working environment is.

Same feelings. I definitely enjoyed myself but couldn't look past how chaotic a bloody sandwhich bar was and how unrealistic that working environment is.
Yeah seemed pretty over the top imo

I'll watch the next season as I did enjoy it but some of the praise it received was way over the top

How hard is it to prep the same meat and salads every day, put it in bread and sell it?

I understand they introduce new s**t to the menu throughout but it surely couldn't be that difficult.

Uhh I mean it definitely wasn't just a 'sandwich bar' in the sense that they only sold braised beef and hot dogs or whatever.

But also in the sense that Carmy wanted to elevate the menu, so you see them making a chicken picatta or short ribs w/ risotto. Simple food but upscaled. Plus, the type of food they were having at family meals, Marcus' desserts, and the fact that they had a sous chef.

Been to plenty of delis in the States where I could eat a cheesesteak and order spag and meatballs if I wanted.

How hard is it to prep the same meat and salads every day, put it in bread and sell it?

I understand they introduce new s**t to the menu throughout but it surely couldn't be that difficult.

Tells me you haven’t worked in hospitality..

Did you watch the show? All those different personalities and personal issues. No money, bad equipment. Made the drama. That episode where they got the wrong meat cut would have been a massive spanner to their day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you watch the show? All those different personalities and personal issues. No money, bad equipment. Made the drama. That episode where they got the wrong meat cut would have been a massive spanner to their day.

Yeah, I can't necessarily speak for the actual menu or the clientele but my wife, a chef of 15+ years said it was fairly realistic/relatable.

Late to the party, but this was great.

Restaurant stuff is a background to the dysfunctional family dynamics. Well shot, acted and written.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought it's out tomorrow, but it's avail now on the sea.

Got a 4 day break so perfect binge time from tonight after Gee vs Melbourne.
have they released the whole series? or just a few episodes?

Thought it's out tomorrow, but it's avail now on the sea.

Got a 4 day break so perfect binge time from tonight after Gee vs Melbourne.
have they released the whole series? or just a few episodes?

July-19 is when it hits Disney+ in Australia and all 10 episodes will be dropped at once.

Unsure why there is a 4 week delay.

I’ll wait for it to drop on D+ because I don’t like illegally streaming shit when I can watch it through paid measures. I’ll be watching season 2 as I did enjoy s1 despite voicing some concerns over it in this thread

I manage 25 students on a daily basis and work with 9-10 other staff members, it is NEVER that chaotic.

There wouldn’t be many restaurants in the world as dramatic and chaotic as this sandwhich bar, and that’s fine, it makes for good TV.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back