The best sledge

Remove this Banner Ad

wat about after chris cairns sister had died from being hit by a train and the aussie slips cordon started going choo choo, very harsh but would of put him off like nothing else.
I wouldn,t be brave enough to sledge Cairns like that. If he took after them with the bat ,he,d have every Assie fan behind him. Utter bilge.

MARK WAUGH: Hey Astle, you were out here 5 yers ago and you couldn't bad, now you are back again and you are even worse.

NATHAN ASTLE: Yeah 5 years ago you were going out with some really old, ugly tart. Now I am back again and you have married her!

Absolute Gold.

Pretty sure that was Parore.

wat about after chris cairns sister had died from being hit by a train and the aussie slips cordon started going choo choo, very harsh but would of put him off like nothing else.

That was denied by Steve Waugh and Chris Cairns.

I've got one for fevola next time he goes missing

"Fevola, where the bl00dy hell are you ?"

also heard at a north game a couple of years ago

"Whens your next barbecue Archer ? Can we come ?"

At the Queensland Roar v Adelaide United game at Hindmarsh Stadium earlier this month a fan was heard to yell "Oi, Damian Mori - what are you going to do when the frog wants its eyes back?".

Also....

A largely built player and I had sledged each other on the cricket field many a time, and it continued into footy season one year.

Big fella lines up for goals - I'm on the mark, arms in the air and leaning sideways to try and put him off. His shot sprays through for a point, the opposite way to which I was leaning...

"Gees, I didn't even lean that way mate..."
"Shut up! I've kicked more goals than you ever will."
"True, and it looks like you've eaten more pies as well."

He had nothin left. Missed three more goals after that too.

"I can't believe YOU'RE playing on ME in a Grand Final" - I believe Lloyd had said something to that effect to Alistair Nicholson before the 2000 GF.

Actually that was James Hird, believe it or not... Nicholson was the first person to get the job on Jimmy that day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marsh: "So how's your wife and my kids?"
Botham: "The wife's fine, the kids are ******ed".

Cronje smacking Merv around. Merv walks down the pitch, drops his guts and says "try hitting that for six".

Don't know if these are 100% correct. Funny but.

"Don't run too fast Billy Bunter! Fat catches fire when it gets too hot!"

Yelled by a spectator of one WA Amateur club after a defender tried in vain to catch his much fitter opponent. The said player did have a remarkable resemblance to Billy Bunter.

Robin Smith & Merv Hughes - During 1989 Lords Test Hughes said to Smith after he played & missed: "You can't f**king bat". Smith to Hughes after he smacked him to the boundary - "Hey Merv, we make a fine pair. I can’t f**king bat & you can't f**king bowl."

Merv Hughes & Viv Richards - During a test match in the West Indies, Hughes didn't say a word to Viv, but continued to stare at him after deliveries. "This is my island, my culture. Don’t you be staring at me. In my culture we just bowl." Merv didn't reply, but after he dismissed him he announced to the batsman: "In my culture we just say f**k off."

Glenn McGrath to Ramnaresh Sarwan - "So what does Brian Lara's d*ck taste like?"
Sarwan: "I don't know. Ask your wife." McGrath lost it: "If you ever mention my wife again, I'll F***ing rip your F***ing throat out."

Fred Trueman - While bowling the batsman edges and the ball goes to first slip,and right between Raman Subba Row's legs. Fred doesn't say a word. At the end of the over, Row ambles past Trueman and apologises sheepishly. "I should've kept my legs together, Fred". "So should your mother," he replied.

Comes from the Pilbara league in W.A. quite few years ago when I used to have a kick.

Two aboriginal fellas.

One had moved in with the other fellas (recent) ex missus.

Player one : Your fat, your black and you are f*cking ugly.

Player 2: Yeh bloke. But I am rooting your woman, I been livin in your house, drinkin your piss and I drove your Monaro to the game.

The game was cancelled due to an all in brawl that turned into a riot!!

True story.
True story?? NO! Some aboriginals getting involved in a pointless violent brawl/riot? I don't believe you...

He'd kicked over 100 goals for the season, he wasn't lacking in confidence.

Agreed but a good sledge is about having the brain power to come out with the reply rather than just the confidence to open your mouth.

If Lloydy honestly had the brain power to come up with that (rather than Hird who would have), then surely some ppl must be holding back on some of the great sledges of all time from that other classic wit of the modern era in Jon Hay.

Surely someone from one of the cheersquads was close enough to hear the brilliant repartee of these two during their legendary exchanges in the early 2000's the likes of which may never be heard again and surely surpassed the legendary era of the 80's/90's when the banter of the likes of Mick Martyn/Stephen Silvagni/Danny Frawley vs Sticks Kernahan/Warrick Capper/Allen Jakovich was known to bring even that legendary straightman of umpiring Glenn James to tears of laughter.

NB: Silvagni and Kernahan couldn't have played against each other unless it was a 'special' game like Vic v SA.

Remove this Banner Ad

The best sledge

Remove this Banner Ad

Back