The Big Footy Liverpool Army Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much better second half - the first goal really opened up the game nicely.

Thought Insua played very well - needs to be given more opportunities based on that performance.

I am guessing Sammi played due to the aerial ability of R Santa Cruz. Also think that he wanted to keep Agger for the CL game this week. If Agger does not play in that i would be worried. Perhaps Agger is going to be the bait used in January?

Also like ElZhar he is always looking to make something happen. Yossi was very frustrating but then scored - finally he took a shot when presented with the opportunity. MORE OF THAT YOSSI. too often he appears to be a terrible decision maker.

jlc

I'm hoping it's just a case of giving Dagger a lighter work load, we all know Sami is quality when asked to play, 2 or 3 games at a time (he cant play midweek so Dagger has to play). The last thing we want is something to happen to Dagger's foot again, so play him 3 or 4 games in a row and then give him a couple of games off (which normally happens when the opposition have a big striker and like to play long balls in the air).

Will be a very interesting team selection against PSV.

Keane Babel
Riera Lucas Mascherano Benayoun
Insua Agger Carragher (c) Darby
Reina

Hoping that Insua and Darby are registered for the the CL, Airblower will need a rest, Kuyt needs a rest (he also might be injured), perfect chance to play Keane up front with Babel (if he's not injured), give Lucas a start in midfield, play Riera on the left after being rested on the weekend, give Bennynoon another start on the right, if Mascherano is struggling a little bit with his injury then play Alonso with Lucas. With Hyypia not being registered, the CB pairing has to be CarrAgger.

It wasn't a vintage performance but I thought we were deserved winners. Blackburn barely actually created anything themselves until that header from Santa Cruz after we'd gone 1-0 up. Pedersen's shot came about from Gerrard giving the ball straight to him and him producing a great shot from distance. Fantastic save from Reina though. The goal we did concede was really disappointing and again we don't concede many but the vast majority of those we do concede come from crosses/set pieces etc. It is really annoying.

Still, I think we all would have taken 3-1 before the game. Blackburn is one of those grounds where in the past we've always dominated the games but often not got the results. Last night's performance wasn't as good as those recent performances there but we did get the result. Gerrard was MOM and I thought Hyypia was great as well.

I think my thoughts have been summed up pretty well by previous posters. I cannot believe Babel was subbed off when he was looking like our most dangerous player (loved his little flick to Insua) but it was such a predictable Rafa substitution. All's well that ends well though, and apart from falling asleep at a corner, our defence looked very imposing again.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what Hull throw at us next week at Anfield. Can't see them being the type of team to walk away with a 0-0. Should be a really good game.

I think my thoughts have been summed up pretty well by previous posters. I cannot believe Babel was subbed off when he was looking like our most dangerous player (loved his little flick to Insua) but it was such a predictable Rafa substitution. All's well that ends well though, and apart from falling asleep at a corner, our defence looked very imposing again.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what Hull throw at us next week at Anfield. Can't see them being the type of team to walk away with a 0-0. Should be a really good game.

It's actually going to be quite interesting.

Do they take note of Fulham and West Ham and stifle the midfield and just make it compact and give us no space on the ball or do they try and play like West Brom did and leave the gaps for us to exploit?

I think with the position they're in and coming off a win against Boro, they'll come to Anfield and play football, if they get anything from the game it's a bonus, as long as they make a good fist of it I think they'll be pleased.

Nice to win again altho doesnt sound like the best of performances.
Stil top of the league is a nice position, keep on going one week at a time

Torres is the only striker Rafa had bought that can play as a lone striker, all other strikers cannot. seeing how Kuyt plays todays proves that the game plan/tactics being used is not very striker-friendly, so I wouldn't blame Keane for not playing so well so far this season.

I don't think the formation is to blame for the numerous airswings etc....

Can't believe it was 1-3, felt very uncomfortable in stages

Scrapped a goal from Xabi, which was alright. Then Yossi scored a very good goal, apart from that it was just a borefest for most of it. The defence was appalling for their goal

While Sami plays well, can't help but think we desperately need Agger or Skrtel in his position so that the whole defence can play a higher line and assist the forward play more. It might say 1-3 but it was hell lot closer than people think, which is sad considering Blackburn really did nothing for 95% of the match

Much better second half - the first goal really opened up the game nicely.

Thought Insua played very well - needs to be given more opportunities based on that performance.

I am guessing Sammi played due to the aerial ability of R Santa Cruz. Also think that he wanted to keep Agger for the CL game this week. If Agger does not play in that i would be worried. Perhaps Agger is going to be the bait used in January?

Also like ElZhar he is always looking to make something happen. Yossi was very frustrating but then scored - finally he took a shot when presented with the opportunity. MORE OF THAT YOSSI. too often he appears to be a terrible decision maker.

jlc

You would hope that Agger isnt the bait for anything! In case Rafa hasnt realised, Carragher is now 30. Hyypia is 35. Agger and Skrtel are our future defensive partnership. One that IMO, will kick ass! Let's hope their is nothing in it.

As for Yossi, yeah he was frustrating at times again last night but overall I thought he played well. At least he is willing to dribble the ball and try to beat defenders. He should have scored when put clean through, you know Torres would have gobbled that up. But then he scored a terrific goal later in the game. He should still just be a squad player though, when Torres is back he will head back to the bench you would think. Perhaps he is being put in the shop window too with January approaching.

I'm hoping it's just a case of giving Dagger a lighter work load, we all know Sami is quality when asked to play, 2 or 3 games at a time (he cant play midweek so Dagger has to play). The last thing we want is something to happen to Dagger's foot again, so play him 3 or 4 games in a row and then give him a couple of games off (which normally happens when the opposition have a big striker and like to play long balls in the air).

Will be a very interesting team selection against PSV.

Keane Babel
Riera Lucas Mascherano Benayoun
Insua Agger Carragher (c) Darby
Reina

Hoping that Insua and Darby are registered for the the CL, Airblower will need a rest, Kuyt needs a rest (he also might be injured), perfect chance to play Keane up front with Babel (if he's not injured), give Lucas a start in midfield, play Riera on the left after being rested on the weekend, give Bennynoon another start on the right, if Mascherano is struggling a little bit with his injury then play Alonso with Lucas. With Hyypia not being registered, the CB pairing has to be CarrAgger.

Decent lineup their. Id like to see Babel start again and would be great to see him up front with Keane. Lucas must start to give either Masch or Alonso a rest. Riera should return and Benayoun or even Pennant could start wide right to give Kuyt and Gerrard a rest.

I hope Insua starts, not sure about Darby though. I hope Reina doesnt get rested, from what ive seen of Diego, he isnt up to it and we still need to win this game to hopefully top the group.

Can't believe it was 1-3, felt very uncomfortable in stages

Scrapped a goal from Xabi, which was alright. Then Yossi scored a very good goal, apart from that it was just a borefest for most of it. The defence was appalling for their goal

...It might say 1-3 but it was hell lot closer than people think, which is sad considering Blackburn really did nothing for 95% of the match
I agree with the above. It was a lacklustre performance really, in a pretty lacklustre game but we were the better side and I'm delighted to get the points. Lovely goal by Benayoun. :thumbsu:

I know Keane is not performing as we all would have hoped, but surely not starting him (and then not playing him) will do nothing for his confidence. He is already down on his confidence. He is the club's prized off-season signing, it needs to start him.

And a message to Xabi Alonso just in case he is reading this thread (fat chance)...I am aware that you have kicked a couple of long goals from mid-pitch in your career, but please, next time you try to kick another one of those goals, please let it be it when we are 3 nil up and waltzing towards the crown, not when it is nil all and we are under the pump to get a goal to keep our noses ahead of the pack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Babel was shite actually and looked disinterested and lazy.

Decent lineup their. Id like to see Babel start again and would be great to see him up front with Keane. Lucas must start to give either Masch or Alonso a rest. Riera should return and Benayoun or even Pennant could start wide right to give Kuyt and Gerrard a rest.

I hope Insua starts, not sure about Darby though. I hope Reina doesnt get rested, from what ive seen of Diego, he isnt up to it and we still need to win this game to hopefully top the group.

Pennant could start wide right ahead of Bennynoon, but I think Bennynoon has been playing well so he deserves another game.

We don't have another right back besides Airblower and he definitely needs a rest, and with Carra having to play at CB, if Darby is registered he should play.

Reina wont be rested as Diego isn't up to standard, he can make some good saves but still makes silly errors in judgement and stuff. I think we should be able to beat PSV, but if we put Gerrard, Xabi, Kuyt, Airblower and stuff on the bench we have them there just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back