The BigFooty Club Championships

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please note that BigFooty is setting up a club competition for the 2009 season.

I have always hoped to forge a closer relationship between BigFooty and EDT

I was hoping that the EDT'ers can use one of their three league options for their club.

BigFooty are offering decent prizes in the form of a cash donation towards the winning club's Player Sponsorship Program. We will create a perpetual trophy for the highest ranked player from each club (a prize has yet to be negotiated), and we also offer a smattering of platinum memberships - usually to be awarded to the captains of the leagues.

All DT and Supercoach players are welcome to join, I am especially targetting the EDTers because it is a legitimate way to contribute for your own club and within the BigFooty framework without compromising your EDT commitments.

I will soon contact all the club board moderators and let them know of the impending BigFooty Club Championships (Dream Team and Supercoach).

Please note:

1) The BigFooty Club Championships (Dream Team and Supercoach) are in addition to the BigFooty League Championships (Dream Team and Supercoach) that we held last year.

2) The BigFooty Hall of Fame board is a work in progress and should be up and running soon

3) Prizewinners from last years competition will be awarded soon and their achievements recorded for posterity in the said BigFooty Hall of Fame

Re: Attention elite_dre@m_te@mers

I wouldn't mind being captain of the Essendon league.

Ask Merv if it's all good, then if he wants me to, I can start the thread and start recruiting ASAP.

When will we find out who has been accepted into BigFooty leagues?

We need to rank the players, offer the rankings to the players, and have them confirm their participation - so it is not an immediate thing.

Most of the higher leagues will be settled earlier - definitely before the preseason final. Hopefully we will be fully set before DT and Supercoach open their new season.

I have sent a letter to Virtual Sports asking for some assistance / special consideration.

I am hoping that they will allow us to use our BigFooty usernames (Internet identity) as this will make tables and scoring so much easier.

I wouldn't mind being captain of the Essendon league.

Ask Merv if it's all good, then if he wants me to, I can start the thread and start recruiting ASAP.

Great idea GreaT SourcE, you are definitely a mover and a shaker - go for it.

There is four of us hawks supporters at EDT :D

Not sure we all would have spare spots FWIW

If there aren't any Port Adelaide fans in EDT i would throw my hat in the ring to run the Port comp.

I think that is something you should discuss with your board's moderators.

Personally I think they would welcome the assistance.

GS, im ready to be recruited ;)

I dont quite understand the comp ??

We are making 16 leagues which are all the AFL clubs
1 - eagles (16 required)
1 - cats (16 required)
1 - dons (16 required)

and if you do well you get a prize or something ??

Im happy to go in the dons even though i wasnt going to go in any BF comps this year. Unsure if captain GS will recruit me though :(

DWD I'd recruit you and everyone interested in DT from the Essendon fan-base, but BtG put his hand up earlier than me I found out earlier from Merv, so the duties are with him. I think he'll start the ball rolling very soon...

havnt even heard of BtG he probably doesnt know of me than

Will their only be one essendon league

GS, im ready to be recruited ;)

I dont quite understand the comp ??

We are making 16 leagues which are all the AFL clubs
1 - eagles (16 required)
1 - cats (16 required)
1 - dons (16 required)

and if you do well you get a prize or something ??

Im happy to go in the dons even though i wasnt going to go in any BF comps this year. Unsure if captain GS will recruit me though :(

Each of the 16 clubs are asked to gather 16 Dream Team and 16 Supercoach coaches to form representative leagues.

The clubs are free to put together as many (16 man) leagues as they want, but only one will be a representative league in the BigFooty club competition.

The 16 club representative leagues will then compete all season to win this competiton by scoring the highest total (or the highest average score).

The winning club in each of these competitions (DT & SC) will receive a substantial sum of money to be provided to the winning club's player sponsorship program or some similar fund raising program.

Recognition of the achievement will be immortalised in the BigFooty Hall of Fame, and some small prizes might also be forthcoming - targetting the club league captains and the highest achievers of each club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The clubs are free to put together as many (16 man) leagues as they want, but only one will be a representative league in the BigFooty club competition.

Should we choose the representative league members by rank or is it fairer to have a first come first served policy?

Perhaps we could have a few spots (4-8 range?) reserved in the representative league for some great DT'ers (Stormer and Dazza as Kangas supporters) and the rest determined by who voices their interest the quickest?

I would be interested in joining the Pies league. BigFooty will light up the top 20 leagues next year if this is done properly.

Should we choose the representative league members by rank or is it fairer to have a first come first served policy?

Perhaps we could have a few spots (4-8 range?) reserved in the representative league for some great DT'ers (Stormer and Dazza as Kangas supporters) and the rest determined by who voices their interest the quickest?

My thoughts are that every club should field the very best Dream Team and Supecoach Leagues they can.

I am hoping that the Saints board can put together 3 Dream Team leagues and 2 or (hopefully) 3 Supercoach Leagues. We will be able to promote and demote individual coaches at the end of the season with a view to bettering the representative league for next year.

Some clubs will have no problem assembling 3 or more leagues, other boards might struggle to put together more than one.

Only one league can represent the club for the season. That representative league, once chosen, cannot be substituted with another league.

The way I am going about it at the Saints is firstly gaining a list of those who are interested. I ask for some indicator of their ability (rank in last years comp is good) and then I create a list from the best candidate down to the players who are just in it for the fun. Then invitations go out. When everyone has confirmed their commitment, the leagues are set in stone.

We are, as yet, a long way from completion on the Saints board, but we have started.

You should get started too.

Once the teams are finalised would it be worth creating an unofficial fixture so teams can square off against one another, therefore adding a bit more prestige to being a member. This way other BF members that are not directly a member of the league can still participate in discussion and have the sense of belonging to their team's league. I suppose it's not absolutely necessary but it would just add another flavour.

Maybe just follow the AFL fixture and not worry about finals therefore crowning a team a league champion (much like the EPL).

Once the teams are finalised would it be worth creating an unofficial fixture so teams can square off against one another, therefore adding a bit more prestige to being a member. This way other BF members that are not directly a member of the league can still participate in discussion and have the sense of belonging to their team's league. I suppose it's not absolutely necessary but it would just add another flavour.

Maybe just follow the AFL fixture and not worry about finals therefore crowning a team a league champion (much like the EPL).
Yeah, that's a great idea imo.

havnt even heard of BtG he probably doesnt know of me than

Will their only be one essendon league

Not with that attitude.:p

Seriously, I'll get it rolling in the next few days. I'm just waiting for Merv to discuss with ant555 and RIG what the best way to run it is.

I expect we'll be calling for nominations, then splitting up into as many leagues as we can from the nominations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back