The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like we got the good bald dutch manager, not whoever they've got

We look well coached so far, compact forward and back, some of the Dutch style one touch passing were just delightful, we look so good on the ball

Then you got the mancs who were kicking it out of touch like they're playing rugby

Interesting that no midfielders got subbed

The durability of those three is crucial to our season. Feel like we have better depth elsewhere
Endo isn’t very well liked it seems. Would’ve just replaced MacAlliser with Elliott and Szobo with Endo. Those two are crucial

Cracking game.

Nothing better than doing the mancs at Old Trafford.

Great start under Slot now, three, games, three wins, three clean sheets and averaging 2.3 goals per game. Real encouraging stuff.

TAA didnt seem as pissed off this time to come off which was good to see. Lucho and Mo in cracking form, the midfield really working well. Defensively sound. Everyone fit and healthy.

Just nothing but good stuff so far. Let's hope the international break is kind to us.

Did see a concerning interview with Mo apparently saying there has been no contact from the club about a new contract.

Shocking if true.

I have no idea the negligence that has gone on here to have our captain and best CB in the world, a generational RB, vice captain and scouser and the greatest winger the PL has ever seen all with just 10 months left on their contracts.

What is going on....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dream start really considering new manager and system, I guess one advantage of not signing anyone is you have a settled squad!

United were absolute garbage mind you, can’t see them finishing top 4 unless they improve rapidly. Diaz and Grav been great.

Great win by the lads in a very dominant fashion. Our football is not as heavy metal as it was with Jurgen but that is not a bad thing. I was getting sick and tired of conceding the first goal and then having to play catch up. I've never been a huge fan of playing 2 6's but in Slot's system they play more like 8's. Either way it has given us more control of midfield and it showed last night. The big test obviously will be against city and arsenal but pleased what i'm seeing so far.

Great win by the lads in a very dominant fashion. Our football is not as heavy metal as it was with Jurgen but that is not a bad thing. I was getting sick and tired of conceding the first goal and then having to play catch up. I've never been a huge fan of playing 2 6's but in Slot's system they play more like 8's. Either way it has given us more control of midfield and it showed last night. The big test obviously will be against city and arsenal but pleased what i'm seeing so far.

Yep, I don't mind this. When we're 3 up we I believe we don't need to be pouring forward in huge numbers leaving us exposed to a counter if we turn it over.

The real litmus test for Slot's team is how we deal with going behind / adversity in a match. Jurg's teams did well in those scenarios because it was built in to attack / press no matter what the scoreline. It'll be interesting to see how Slot deals with that when it happens.

Yep, I don't mind this. When we're 3 up we I believe we don't need to be pouring forward in huge numbers leaving us exposed to a counter if we turn it over.

The real litmus test for Slot's team is how we deal with going behind / adversity in a match. Jurg's teams did well in those scenarios because it was built in to attack / press no matter what the scoreline. It'll be interesting to see how Slot deals with that when it happens.

I hope we NEVER have to experience or worry about this....EVER

Grav was excellent at Old Trafford, both with and without the ball.

Yes, growing into the role.

What do we do when Grav is unavailable? Endo doesn't have the engine of Grav getting forward. He's a serviceable backup but personally I'd like to see Tyler Morton deputise if possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back