The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It is because teams have shown that when pressing us high we tend to lose the ball a lot quicker than in previous seasons. I don't think our midfield mix is right for ball retention while Szobo is in such poor form. He is the most guilty for giving the ball away. Our only saving grace has been teams not being able to sustain that for 90 minutes.

That dominant Rodri style #6 is really needed. Get the ball back and keep it. Grav is doing well in the double pivot mind you, although if we are without one of Grav or Macca I feel we will suffer.

I don't expect Trent and Mo to re-sign but we have to sign up Virgil, he is still in top form and it'd be crazy to let all 3 leave on a free

I'd have Trent as #1 priority. Coming into the peak of his career, local lad etc etc - we simply have to retain him. Virg 2nd and Mo 3rd. I don't reckon we retain all 3, it will be 2 out of 3.

I don't expect Trent and Mo to re-sign but we have to sign up Virgil, he is still in top form and it'd be crazy to let all 3 leave on a free
Do you honestly believe that Trent is most likely going? I’ve been thinking this as well unfortunately. Probably since Easter. FSG don’t like paying big wages and they only paid Mo to keep Klopp happy was my line of thinking at the time.

The Trent, Virg and Mo situations have gotten out of hand.

I think Mo and Virg want to stay, Mo is chasing records, loves the club and wants to keep playing at the highest level and Virg is the captain and has recently expressed his desire to stay and how much he loves the club. I think the problem with those two is the wages.

FSG obviously dont want to keep paying Mo 350k a week but Mo obviously feels he is still one of the best players in the world and tbf, he pretty much is. So he probably wont think a pay cut is fair. Virg in all honestly probably wants more. He's the best CB in the world but again I dont reckon FSG want to pay him more than he's already on. Of course the clubs stance is you're both getting older and wont be getting better as footballers, we dont want to end up paying 35-36 years old 300k a week which is also fair.

A compromise is needed and hopefully it is found.

Trent though, well I figured if he was staying a deal would have been done by now as he's entering his prime, an easily structured large pay rise for the local lad, vice captain and world class RB. But it hasnt materialised which hints that he has no intention of staying.

If so it wont go well for him. I think TAA is even more loved that Macca and Owen were and they are not really welcome on Merseyside anymore. The same will happen for Trent which will be a real shame.

Reflects poorly on FSG too if we lose a generational talent for nothing right in his prime. Looks slack on their part thinking oh he will sign, he's local, he will never leave etc. They need to be on top of things like that and if Trent wants out we need to sell to get 100m back etc. A failure on all sides. Nobody comes out of it looking good. Trent ends up a traitor and FSG come out looking incompetent.

Not gonna lie either, I will be well mad with TAA if he walks. I almost understood Gerrard and the moment he almost left. He knew he was one of the best player in the world and the amount of trophies and even Ballon Dor's he was leaving on the table to stick around and play with El Hadji Diouf and Igor Biscan and Paul Konchesky. I felt for him but loved him for staying.

Trent doesnt have that excuse, he gets to play with Van Dijk, Robbo, Alisson, Salah, Diaz, Mac Allister and has played with guys like Bobby, Mane, Fabinho, Thiago... the list goes on. We are in the hunt for trophies all the time unlike how it was with Gerrard. So yeah I'll be well dirty on him if he ****s off.

Looks likely now though.

Slot says Jota is expected to train tomorrow and should be available for the Bologna game.

Chiesa has a small problem and won't play, will be assessed before the Palace game, if he can't play that then he'll be back after the int break.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back