FTA-TV The Block 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

How dodgy is Kristain? I wouldn't be hiring him in the future. I laughed when Mimi said, "He's having his man period." She's a firecracker, that one.

Paige is super annoying, but I'm trying not to hate on her because I'm aware the edit can make it seem worse than it is on these shows. But both she and Jesse seem to be so soft. To me, this is Stereotypical Gen Z behavior.

Update on who's leaving the show. Read if you want.

Team Blue’s Jesse Maguire and Paige Beechey have now been confirmed as the pair who will be putting down their paddles in week five and leaving the site for good.

A source close to the show revealed on Wednesday that the engaged couple, who are the youngest team this season, will be leaving the show to save their relationship, the source reported.

My favorite bedroom was probably H2, least favorite was House 3.

I thought the stripes were too busy in H1. H4 was terrible. That wooden thing that didn't cover the whole wall in H5—lame.

My scores:
H2 9
H1 8.5
H5 8
H4 7
H3 6
To be honest they all seemed a bit blah. But what I thought was a bigger concern was about heating and cooling.

Surely these are a must.

You'd think houses at this price would all have ducted heating and cooling.
I nearly fell off my chair when I read that! For houses in that price range (whether owner occupier or investment) a solar system and ducted reverse cycle are absolutely mandatory.

Maybe Ch9 couldn't get a supplier to come to the party, so they just ditched it?

Can you imagine how hot those bedrooms will be in the middle of peak holiday season? Especially if any of them have a northern or western aspect.

Update on who's leaving the show. Read if you want.

Team Blue’s Jesse Maguire and Paige Beechey have now been confirmed as the pair who will be putting down their paddles in week five and leaving the site for good.

A source close to the show revealed on Wednesday that the engaged couple, who are the youngest team this season, will be leaving the show to save their relationship, the source reported.

I’m shocked.

Well not really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marty said H2's ensuite was like a 6-star hotel in Paris and then gave it 9. What a joke.

Anyway, here's how I saw it.

H2 - 9/10
H1 - 8/10
H4 - 7/10
H5 - 5/10
H3 - 0/10
Just a bit too much going on in the H2 bathroom. I know interior designers loved that stuff, but it felt chaotic in there.

H1 had a nice calm vibe about it, which is perfect for a bathroom. I thought they should have won that.

I'm still not a fan of all the black stuff out of house 4.

H3 well, it was a shit week for them.

H5, just didn't come together with the space for them, hard to tell on TV only as I would like to have a better look at it.

Placing light and fan switches outside the Bathroom?

Nah I think that was warranted

I think it was the way Shayna started off by saying there was some good things about H4s ensuite, before turning around and going the hack re the art deco bath in the shower. The amount of people who would actually walk in to that bathroom and even think of the words art deco would be miniscule. I just think it was a bit OTT.

Is Dan in some way some how better than he is on the show? Or is it more Dani?
The good thing about Dan in the Dan V Dani videos is that he points out all the serious defects in the rooms that the judges often overlook. He's talking from a builder's perspective, while his wife, Dani, gives the designer's perspective. I find it a much more balanced assessment sometimes.

I honestly would be surprised if Jesse & Paige ever get married at all. A breakup seems imminent.

I feel sorry for whoever takes over their house. It's going to be a bit of a mess.

Paige has been doing the rounds recently, claiming she has been getting the villain edit on The Block, and was always nice to people. Meanwhile, several business owners and residents from Phillip Island have come out and said that Paige was never nice and what we've seen on TV is exactly what she was like to them.

Bit of juicy gossip. Ricky apparently split up with his partner after the show and then hooked up with a woman who did makeup on The Block. A woman who just happened to leave her husband after The Block was over, too. Hmmmm...

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV The Block 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back