FTA-TV The Block 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Guest Bathroom Week

H1: A nice bathroom with a subtle luxury without being OTT (like H2 & H4). 9/10
H2: Not to my taste, but I thought it was better than what the judges said. Dan V Dani loved it. 9/10
H3: They didn't wow me, but they did a decent job of it. 8/10
H4: I found the bathroom as ugly as Kylie's soul 6/10
H5: Dan V Dani pointed out a lot of building defects that will need fixing. 7/10

I bet on the open for inspection tomorrow, the other contestants will all say H1's bathroom was crap. The bias and bullying will come out again.
H1 was good, but it was just good, a massive editing setup for some well placed drama if you ask me. However, probably the best bathroom as they didn't cook it too bad with out there designs.

H2 - Interior designers love that, but it's a very polarising room with way too much going on in there.

H3 - Yeah not bad.

H4 - not a fan of the tiles that look like timber. The basin looked average.

H5 - Yeah not bad. Thought it was a good solid bath room.

All I could say is H2's bathroom gave the clearest example of what the difference is between winning rooms and winning the block. Understandably, winning rooms increases the budget, but the absolute reality is whether or not someone actually likes it enough to pay good money for it.

There is a benefit to ensuring that your design isn't OTT, that its restrained enough to appeal to wider audience.

I mean, at the end of the day, if there's 'celebrity bidders' in the end it all counts for nothing, but from a realistic perspective Marty really summarised it with H2, saying it was going to be a hard sell, where the two designers loved it.

I wanted so bad to love H4's bathroom, everything they did I liked but didn't do it well enough if that makes sense.

Surprising, cos I actually liked their week #1 bathroom.

Aside from that, nothing really stood out

H1 looked a little too boring
H2 way too out there for me, the marble alone they have used in their bathrooms I already didn't like. The stripes were just another slap in the face
H3 I liked the attempt but it still doesn't wow me.. looked a little too 'local cheap renovation' than luxury bathroom
H4 as above
H5 I haven't really liked some of their tile choices in their bathrooms and the green and teal ones this week were the worst of the 3

H1 was good, but it was just good, a massive editing setup for some well placed drama if you ask me.
This. Feels like the judges and Scotty are overcompensating in the praise that they gushing all over them.

Everyone else are being over dramatic drama queens about H1 but those girls are super annoying. Prerequisite to go on the show I guess.

All I could say is H2's bathroom gave the clearest example of what the difference is between winning rooms and winning the block. Understandably, winning rooms increases the budget, but the absolute reality is whether or not someone actually likes it enough to pay good money for it.

There is a benefit to ensuring that your design isn't OTT, that its restrained enough to appeal to wider audience.

I mean, at the end of the day, if there's 'celebrity bidders' in the end it all counts for nothing, but from a realistic perspective Marty really summarised it with H2, saying it was going to be a hard sell, where the two designers loved it.

Outside the added prize money I feel like the Block winner is become a bit irrelevant. Now a days there are just a couple of buyers and they decide the winner.

If the billionaires aren't there this year, then they will struggle to sell.
But if you're an average punter and the thought that you won't be up against the likes of Adrian or the other weirdo, then maybe you might be able to buy it for a somewhat realistic price.

Perhaps we're in for an auction day where they all sell and the highest winner makes $50K :tearsofjoy:

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV The Block 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back