The bombers deserve to make the finals...

Remove this Banner Ad

No they don't deserve to make the finals, and nether would have Hawthorn.

Being 'rewarded' with a finals appearance for 10 or 10.5 wins is a joke. FFS, its less than a 50 percent win loss ratio.

The fact that Essendon (or Hawthorn, had they won the match ) are in the running for a flag with that kind of season is dis-respectful to clubs who have actually performed consistently through the season.

It would be a massive shame if a club from eighth with that record put together 4 games on the trot and won a flag. It would make the season proper look like a waste of time.

The AFL needs to go back to a final 6. Or maybe even a final 5. They should stop cashing in, and respect the game.

Point 1, finals appearances aren't rewarded for how many wins you get over a season. They go to the top 8 ladder positions after 22 rounds...
If you are going to mount an argument, mount it on facts maybe?

Point 2, it would be shameful you are correct, but not for the team who finished 8th I would think.

Yes Essendon copped a caning, but you can't argue they didn't deserve to make finals, however if you were to argue that they didn't deserve to win a final, based on last nights performance you would not get any arguments from anyone

According to Greg Baum in the Age this morning, Essendon, treated last night's game as a practice match for 2010.
Has there ever been another team dumb enough to tank in finals?

^^
Convenient excuse. Read: Got smashed. Obviously Ryder and Lloyd were big outs, but adelaide were missing Bock and Van Berlo.

No recognised ruckman. Stupid, and if there was a player assigned to A McLeod last night, he should be delisted.

Essendon.
Cheated to make the 8, then got thrashed by 96 points.

They must be so proud.

Hawthorn.

Finished lower than a team who wasn't deserving of a finals spot, according to some.

Oh and lost to them the week before.

You must be prouder

Hawthorn.

Finished lower than a team who wasn't deserving of a finals spot, according to some.

Oh and lost to them the week before.

You must be prouder

Fair point, I never said you did not deserve to make the 8. You won the 8th most number of games, therefore you deserve to be 8th. Pretty simple, not sure why anyone thinks otherwise.

I am only bothered by the fact that I thought we (Hawthorn) would have won last week until the Sewell injury, but all week we have heard what a hero Lloyd is for what he did. It just annoys me, that's all.

That's why we come to BigFooty - to vent our frustrations and our joys.

Que more tears about Matty Lloyd, just wait for it...

A bump is only a bump when its done by someone wearing a hawthorn guernsey remember...other than that it's Cheating.

This was uncalled for.

A bump is a great part of footy. However, as we had all learned the week before, it is no longer acceptable if you hurt someone.
Lloyd should have known that. In fact, judging by his body language immediately afterwards and his interview after the game, I think he did know.

Is the current rule fair and sensible? Probably not. That is another whole issue. Should Lloyd have done what he did? No.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was uncalled for.

A bump is a great part of footy. However, as we had all learned the week before, it is no longer acceptable if you hurt someone.
Lloyd should have known that. In fact, judging by his body language immediately afterwards and his interview after the game, I think he did know.

Is the current rule fair and sensible? Probably not. That is another whole issue. Should Lloyd have done what he did? No.

How dare he make a contest, that bad bad man.

And as for cheating, i am glad Hawthorn won their premiership fair and square last year with no suspensions...

hmmmm

Hey, Schmuck, you made the finals OK, so be happy.

As for Lloyd - IMO the debate this week should have been about "Is 4 weeks enough of a suspension when one single act of violence / recklessness / carelessness can change the fortunes of two teams?"

Instead, we had a media campaign to have Lloyd canonised.

What would he be?
Matthew Lloyd, the Patron Saint of Smashed Faces?

Hey, Schmuck, you made the finals OK, so be happy.

As for Lloyd - IMO the debate this week should have been about "Is 4 weeks enough of a suspension when one single act of violence / recklessness / carelessness can change the fortunes of two teams?"

Instead, we had a media campaign to have Lloyd canonised.

What would he be?
Matthew Lloyd, the Patron Saint of Smashed Faces?
:D

In a very competitive week for tools, you take the cake

Actually, if Essendon complain about the level of commentator criticism of Quinn last night, as was suggested on 'Before the Game' tonight, then that would have to take the cake...

Remove this Banner Ad

The bombers deserve to make the finals...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back