Streaming The Boys (Amazon)

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks - I suspected that they were from Gen V but I've never watched it.

Why did they just hold Kimiko back and take Frenchie away? It seemed odd and that they just set it up for her to talk.
Also, why did Annie's superpowers go and then how/why did they just suddenly come back?

I mostly liked the last episode and I don't mind that it was a set-up for the next and final season, but some things seemed very convenient.

Also, why did Annie's superpowers go and then how/why did they just suddenly come back?
Annie lost her powers due to anxiety and depression, especially after how she and her Starlighters movement were targeted by the RW media and her abortion was publically released by Firecracker. Added to this was her coming to terms with the fact that maybe, as Starlight, she wasn't such a good person as she thought as we learned how badly she treated other girls in the pageants she competed in as a teen (Firecracker being one of those girls). Losing her powers was a mental blockage of sorts. She got them back because she had some resolution with Hughie in the finale that helped her get over it.

Why did they just hold Kimiko back and take Frenchie away?
I assume this was to stop KimiKo from stopping them from taking Frenchie. Other superheroes held her back so she wouldn't be able to stop them. I can't remember if it was the same girl with Frenchie, but the girl who led Hughie off (from Gen V) could make you do anything if she whispered into your ear. So Hughie was powerless to do anything but go with her. In fact, after that whisper, he would have gone with her willingly and forgotten all about Starlight. That female Gen V character made a guy in Gen V forget he had a brother.

I assume this was to stop KimiKo from stopping them from taking Frenchie. Other superheroes held her back so she wouldn't be able to stop them. I can't remember if it was the same girl with Frenchie, but the girl who led Hughie off (from Gen V) could make you do anything if she whispered into your ear. So Hughie was powerless to do anything but go with her. In fact, after that whisper, he would have gone with her willingly and forgotten all about Starlight. That female Gen V character made a guy in Gen V forget he had a brother.
I was more getting at why they were only taking Frenchie and not her. I guess maybe they were just going to be taking her separately.

What’s the powers of the guy that held her back. He seemed to do it pretty easily?

Don’t venture off of bigfooty much, has there been much blow back in the US re the holding the mirror up to current US political situation ?
Yes. Mostly by MAGA supporters who were miffed that they were being portrayed as the bad guys. They have no clue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure about this Boys Mexico thing.

Just a way for Amazon to get more Latino subscribers? Or might there be a good story behind it?

Enjoyable enough season (although watching Urban call people campaigners all day would be enjoyable enough for me).

Agree with a lot of the general critique, a lot of logic oversights and plot armour but also, superhero/comic stories. If you’re into em you forgive it. Excited for the finale now.

Just started this (2 eps in), is there a specific time I should watch Gen V? As in between a season etc? Or can I watch through all of The Boys and then go back and watch Gen V?

2 episodes into the most recent season did you mean, or the entire series did you mean (season 1?).

Remove this Banner Ad

Streaming The Boys (Amazon)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back