Mega Thread The Bucks Megathread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unlosable GF in my opinion. Yet we lost. There are no excuses. Bucks didn’t get the playing group to play above themselves.

It wasn’t the brisbane Lions of 2003 or the cats of 07. This was an average West Coast team of 18.

If he can’t beat an average west coast team on the MCG with an awesome midfield what makes you think he can beat a better team in 2019 or 2020??

I'm not sure why you thought the GF was 'unlosable'. The Eagles:
- Finished above us on the ladder;
- Beat us in our first final;
- Beat us at the MCG during the H&A.

Yep, the GF was winnable, but to suggest that it was 'unlosable' seems a bit odd.

As for why we couldn't beat them at the MCG with an awesome midfield, a compelling reason for mine is that the awesome midfield just wasn't awesome enough. In fact, it was well below average.

While this loss doesn't fall at the feet of Buckley our inability to beat Hawthorn who the Eagles have looked to mimic has been starkly evident during his tenure.

The Mitchell influence on the Eagles midfield shouldn't be underestimated either.

While this loss doesn't fall at the feet of Buckley our inability to beat Hawthorn who the Eagles have looked to mimic has been starkly evident during his tenure.

The Mitchell influence on the Eagles midfield shouldn't be underestimated either.

This

Some people just can't take a hint so they need a little helping hand.
I respect you Anzac and all the mods, and applaud you for taking action. Although I see one last post remains. I both love and hate big footy. So many great posters who are a pleasure to chat with.

The other side is dark and frustrating. I find myself reading Travis’ posts and the anger I am feeling is not healthy. It’s bad enough without subjecting ourselves to this torment.

I bid you all a fond farewell. I truly hope you stay safe and have a great summer. Thanks for the fun times over the past 9 years of my time on big footy.
Time for me to move on.

Go Pies.

I respect you Anzac and all the mods, and applaud you for taking action. Although I see one last post remains. I both love and hate big footy. So many great posters who are a pleasure to chat with.

The other side is dark and frustrating. I find myself reading Travis’ posts and the anger I am feeling is not healthy. It’s bad enough without subjecting ourselves to this torment.

I bid you all a fond farewell. I truly hope you stay safe and have a great summer. Thanks for the fun times over the past 9 years of my time on big footy.
Time for me to move on.

Go Pies.
Be good jmac,
Felt the same way with Travis, but it’s only one poster now
Hope to see you back next year

Buckley going up to the cheer squad after the banner **** up and him looking after the runner
Really does show how far this bloke has come

Love him to bits even more now than I did watching him tear it up as a player

Absolute legend
As an outsider who hated Buckley so much as a player (Figjam etc.), I have completely come around, at first begrudgingly but I now embrace my Bucks love. What a classy human being. I listened to him talk about the lead up to the prelim the year John McCarthy passed away (2012?) and about putting what was right for his players as humans ahead of them as footballers and the club and was just so impressed. And then in the minutes before the biggest moment of his coaching career so far taking the time to thank and support the cheer squad members who were devastated at the banner coming apart just cemented what a great person he is.

Time for me to move on.

Go Pies.
Dont go pease

Time for me to move on.
Go Pies.
jmac - we are all hurting - understand you want a break from BF - please don't go forever - you were within an ace being proved right all along - the Pies have ways of testing us... don't I know it - hope to see you back here next year

jmac - we are all hurting - understand you want a break from BF - please don't go forever - you were within an ace being proved right all along - the Pies have ways of testing us... don't I know it - hope to see you back here next year
Has anyone ever seen JMac and Johnny Farnham in the same room together?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First time lurking on this board so apologies if my point has already been made over and over.

I think Collingwood have had a fantastic season and the way Buckley has carried himself throughout has been reflected by the game style you now have. Bucks has come across as far more relaxed and appears that the players are now allowed to play with a bit more attack and flair which has been very successful and attractive to watch. As Buckley as been the blame for seasons gone by he should be celebrated for how things have turned around.
It's a pity that you couldn't get over the last hurdle (so so darn close) and it will burn for ages but things are looking pretty good for the future for you guys.

Time for me to move on.

Go Pies.
Don't go jmac, stick around, drafting and trades coming up, still a lot more to do discuss.

The pure haters will not get to me, nor should it you. None of us are right nor wrong all the time and it is still fun when one can discuss. I put up my hand last night on Mayne, and I will be wrong again but if we can all discuss why and what options, then it can still be a fun place to post.

Never posted on an opposition board before, I hope you don't mind. I really wanted to join in with the positive praise for your coach.
Some of the things Buckley did pregame and post game where so very inspiring. In particular the reassurances offered to the banner lady.

I'm sure guys are well proud of the man and so you should be.

So wise Bucks, so wise!

You have grown from being a champion player who sometimes alienated your colleagues to the spiritual leader of our club.

In the process, you have also become a broader community role model: embracing a crestfallen cheer squad member and a despondent runner exemplify decency.

This is winning at life.

Don't go jmac, stick around, drafting and trades coming up, still a lot more to do discuss.

The pure haters will not get to me, nor should it you. None of us are right nor wrong all the time and it is still fun when one can discuss. I put up my hand last night on Mayne, and I will be wrong again but if we can all discuss why and what options, then it can still be a fun place to post.

Beautifully said Maggie. Hopefully jmac70 will be back, after a well earned sabbatical.

Cannot remember which coach said it but losing multiple blokes from the same area kills you.

Lose say a josh Thomas, Aish and a Darcy Moore is hard but much easier to cover than Darcy, Reid, Dunn, Sharenberg.

His best option and only in the end was to play goldsack. Even a fit Ben Reid could have been a different story.

Now the true coaching challenge comes. The boys step up and or step down. Collingwood has a decent record of getting back quickly so let’s hope we get another chance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back