The Cats Link

Remove this Banner Ad

When can we expect the Heraldsun "expose" on Richmond and Collingwood for this use of the good German doctor and Actovegin. Remember Mark Coughlan, Dylan Grimes and Ben Reid have all visited him for the same treatment Rooke got. In fact, it was all over the press that Tigers got in contact with the Cats after Rooke's success for advice on Coughlan. Hopefully they've ticked all the boxes like Cats have.

I can't believe I'm replying to this but anyway..

I remember that Four Corners episode well. I also remember that you could audibly hear the reporter Caro Meldrum Hanna ask Charter and I'm paraphrasing here given the time since "and I notice you've got Geelong there" before the doco cut to another scene. This is a recorded fact that you'll hear on any repeat viewing. So we KNOW that Caro asked the Geelong question. History also tells us that Charter isn't shy in boasting about his relationships and those he has "helped". Yet he's done no such thing re Cats.

Given this we can surmise two things:
A) The answer Caro got regarding Geelong wasn't very sexy

Or
B) The ABC and Caro Meldrum Hanna are engaged in a conspiracy to protect Geelong.

I'll let you decide which is likely.

Of course, you shouldn't let this deter you from using mistruths and probably lies to peddle your version of the truth.

You obviously don't remember it very well at all, considering the reporter was Geoff Thompson and not Caro Meldrum Hanna.

Here is the link to the program. http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/2013/04/22/3740178.htm

At 9.17 it shows Charters "trophy room".

I leave it entirely up to each individual to believe why the 3 particular photos are on Shane Charter's "trophy wall".

I personally loved Geelongs run from 07 to 11. They were "my team" during those final series.....but i have made "my decision" what those 3 photos mean. They mean Shane Charter had an investment in those 3 photos and an awful lot of pride in them.

Nothing will ever be proven. It will just be urban myth like a lot of things in footy/pro sport.

You obviously don't remember it very well at all, considering the reporter was Geoff Thompson and not Caro Meldrum Hanna.

Here is the link to the program. http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/2013/04/22/3740178.htm

At 9.17 it shows Charters "trophy room".

I put my hand up for getting the reporter wrong, but my memory certainly didn't fail me on the asking of the Geelong question, as I've seen again. It's also interesting that the Geelong memorabilia doesn't contain any personal messages, unlike Hird and Woewoedin. What's most important is that your assertion has never been able to be backed up with any kind of facts.

There are many rea$on$ why a public link to the cats would be beneficial for Shane Charter. Yet nothing has ever arisen. After the Ess story broke every man and his dog was working the Cats angle. Plenty of digging would've been done yet nothing of substance has emerged. You are free to make assertions on the basis of no evidence/facts but expose yourself as a hypocrite given your lambasting of Robbo and Hird for doing the same.

I put my hand up for getting the reporter wrong, but my memory certainly didn't fail me on the asking of the Geelong question, as I've seen again. It's also interesting that the Geelong memorabilia doesn't contain any personal messages, unlike Hird and Woewoedin. What's most important is that your assertion has never been able to be backed up with any kind of facts.

There are many rea$on$ why a public link to the cats would be beneficial for Shane Charter. Yet nothing has ever arisen. After the Ess story broke every man and his dog was working the Cats angle. Plenty of digging would've been done yet nothing of substance has emerged. You are free to make assertions on the basis of no evidence/facts but expose yourself as a hypocrite given your lambasting of Robbo and Hird for doing the same.

Can i ask you why YOU think the Geelong photo is on Shane Charter's "Trophy Wall", surrounded by James Hird and Shane Woewodin?

Can i ask you why YOU think the Geelong photo is on Shane Charter's "Trophy Wall", surrounded by James Hird and Shane Woewodin?

I've got no idea. All I could do is speculate like yourself. It could just be a piece of memorabilia. Maybe he's a Cats fan? It might be a gift from a particular individual. Bottom line is, I don't know and neither do you.

Nor is there any evidence of Charter having a r'ship with the Cats, unlike the situation with the other two individuals. This is a curious contradiction I would've thought. Not a single photo with a Cats player, not a single email or txt msg dug up. No coincidental meetings at hotels. No evidence of 'nutritional advice'.

Last edited:
I've got no idea. All I could do is speculate like yourself. It could just be a piece of memorabilia. Maybe he's a Cats fan? It might be a gift from a particular individual. Bottom line is, I don't know and neither do you.

Nor is there any evidence of Charter having a r'ship with the Cats, unlike the situation with the other two individuals. This is a curious contradiction I would've thought. Not a single photo with a Cats player, not a single email or txt msg dug up. No coincidental meetings at hotels. No evidence of 'nutritional advice'.

Really???....you've got no idea why Shane Charter has those 3 photo's on his "trophy wall"...after all that is known about Shane Charter?

As i said originally, each individual can make their own conclusion. I never said i know anything other than the admitted and acknowledged expert at helping many athletes dope and not piss positive, has 3 particular photo's on his trophy wall. The 3 he is obviously most proud of.

He acknowledged it as a "trophy wall" (clever journalist)...not a "memorabilia wall" or "fan of Club wall". The only link between the 3 photos is Shane Charter.

Really???....you've got no idea why Shane Charter has those 3 photo's on his "trophy wall"...after all that is known about Shane Charter?

As i said originally, each individual can make their own conclusion. I never said i know anything other than the admitted and acknowledged expert at helping many athletes dope and not piss positive, has 3 particular photo's on his trophy wall. The 3 he is obviously most proud of.

He acknowledged it as a "trophy wall" (clever journalist)...not a "memorabilia wall" or "fan of Club wall". The only link between the 3 photos is Shane Charter.
If you got the Cats that big during the glory years (2007 to 2011) with daily input and guidance from Steve Dank, of course you would consider that a "trophy".

2007*
2009*
2011*

He is probably a Geelong supporter-my wall looks pretty similar. Take a chill pill.

transmogrified good word that
robbo_250113.jpg

It's Charters sense of accomplishment. He got big and we know how, and he transmogrified the Cats too. How he got the Cats that big is a wonderment.
Couldn't really give a toss bag for your theories but go ahead and ponder. You have already decided 'what happened' and nothing will get through.
ps the Geelong 'got big' is attaining mythological proportions. Can't recall it myself! They just got better. Go and watch the 2007 GF-just a brilliant team.

Herald sun is a partner of Essendon

I'm pretty sure Robbo confirmed that the info for this story was provided to him by Essendon. I actually think that is the bigger story here.

It supports people's assertions that the Herald Sun has very close ties to Essendon, which we all knew, and that Essendon leaks information even though they keep complaining about leaks.

It also makes it easy for me as a Geelong supporter to barrack for WADA. Hope they burn Essendon to the ground. If we actually did drug cheat, I hope we get caught too, but there is no evidence of that here. All I'm seeing is a club with few principles left who wants to throw mud as part of some "everyone does it", "drugs are okay" marketing campaign.

If after 3 years the news on Geelong is:

-Dean Robinson pumping up Dank's tyres in an interview in 2007
-One purchase a non prohibited substance from a Dank company. Possibly with Robinson pushing for that.
-Dank shown the door by Steve Hocking after an attempt to get into the club.
-A Geelong team photo NOT addressed to Charter on his wall.

Hmm, let's go send Deliottes to have a look over Geelong's paperwork and see if anything is amiss. And let's wait 3 years to see if anything comes up. After that, I reckon it's a bit of a wild goose chase and only troll material. What say you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't really give a toss bag for your theories but go ahead and ponder. You have already decided 'what happened' and nothing will get through.
ps the Geelong 'got big' is attaining mythological proportions. Can't recall it myself! They just got better. Go and watch the 2007 GF-just a brilliant team.

Geelong got big in one week between round 5 and 6 of 2007 :). The Weapon must be Jesus or something.

On the other hand, a bunch of kids who had the talent to almost get there in 2004 and 2005 moved toward their mid 20s in 2007 put on some kilos. Big news!

Seems the Max Rooke treatment has also been good enough for Ronaldo, Usain Bolt... and spin off treatments using similar extracts from human blood were good enough for Hawthorn players...

Last edited:
A geelong photo on charters wall, he refers to it as a trophy, this is getting silly.

A currently well known rat bag applied for a job with us, we said no because we thought he was a rat bag. Can the dozen people bagging Geelong here let that sink in, this is the foundation of the facts AGAINST us.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

The photo inference is ridiculous. But there were plenty of HTB supporters that considered that the stretching photo with Carter was a damning indictment of Hird.

I'm not saying the situations are equivalent but these inferences in general annoy the hell out of me.

Also Robinson making claims about increasing functional muscle mass, like the photos without referrals, can be taken with a grain of salt IMO. Who are they promoting? Themselves. Likelihood of exaggeration because of self interest? Very high.

The photo inference is ridiculous.
A photo on a wall is neither here nor there.

It's the context around the discussion as to why it is there and what it represents.

I thought it was quite a clever interview, where what wasn't asked and discussed or "no comment" rebutted, was actually louder than what was.

The walls of the gym from memory were bare, except the one wall?

The wall was referenced as the "trophy wall" - where I took that to = achievements.

The two pictures either side were referenced as "thanks for all you've done".

In the middle, was the Cat's "3 Premiership" framed, nothing questioned, nothing offered.

Just looked odd.

I'm pretty sure Robbo confirmed that the info for this story was provided to him by Essendon. I actually think that is the bigger story here.

It supports people's assertions that the Herald Sun has very close ties to Essendon, which we all knew, and that Essendon leaks information even though they keep complaining about leaks.

It also makes it easy for me as a Geelong supporter to barrack for WADA. Hope they burn Essendon to the ground. If we actually did drug cheat, I hope we get caught too, but there is no evidence of that here. All I'm seeing is a club with few principles left who wants to throw mud as part of some "everyone does it", "drugs are okay" marketing campaign.

The name is Robert Thompson, News Corp exec, like a son to the Murdoctopus and good mate of Hird. Think about that beat up story about Geelong on the HUN front page last week. That story doesn't just float to the top, and certainly doesn't get there because Slobbo wants it there, it gets put on the front page by a decision of a senior editor with a close relationship with head office, and in the News Corp world head office has a lot of say in what stories get a run, especially the front page. Now repeat out aloud three times - "The Murdoctopus is evil".

can i ask you why mick gatto has carlton photos on his walls
derp
Gatto supports Collingwood mate. Spent $2000 buying some memorabilia at a function last week.

Why this thread remains open is a mystery. The Cats have done everything by the book. The headlines and first two paras of the story were willfully distorted to create a false impression. Disgraceful pseudo journalism. Many clubs have sourced the calf's blood from the company in which Dank has a financial interest.

The story on the Dees was equally disgraceful. Not surprising from an organisation whose lead opinion writer has been found guilty of distorting the truth and from an organisation found to have hacked the phones of private individuals.

Gatto supports Collingwood mate. Spent $2000 buying some memorabilia at a function last week.

Why this thread remains open is a mystery. The Cats have done everything by the book. The headlines and first two paras of the story were willfully distorted to create a false impression. Disgraceful pseudo journalism. Many clubs have sourced the calf's blood from the company in which Dank has a financial interest.

The story on the Dees was equally disgraceful. Not surprising from an organisation whose lead opinion writer has been found guilty of distorting the truth and from an organisation found to have hacked the phones of private individuals.
cheers
because the flog on 3aw keeps mentioning that danks was in geelong, geelong met with dank, geelong were associated with dank, geelong and dank

just hope when he gets home his wife is associated with his neighbour

Remove this Banner Ad

The Cats Link

Remove this Banner Ad

Back