Remove this Banner Ad

Hooper

Team Captain
Suspended
Jul 10, 2004
Afghanistan(in punchons w
Other Teams
Essendon
I watched the port v adelaide game today and the commentators were a disgrace. In the 20 minutes that i watched all they could do was take the ******** out of each other and they couldn't be bothered comenting on the footy except when a goal was kicked. I say bring back bruce much more proffesianal

This is something I have noticed has crept into TV commentaries. They stop calling the game and start having disussions about footy matters. I can't remember the game, but Robert Walls on 10 went on and on about some issue I couldn't care less about. I've never been one to yell at the telly, but I yelled out, "just call the damned game!!!". It was very annoying.

Didn't hear today's commentary because I always listen to the radio call wherever possible.

• Banned
yeah radio is better than t.v. as they know they have to call the game where as at stages the t.v commentators know we can watch it so they don't bother comentating they just have their own convos

Agreed. Very ordianry Coverage. Certainly this has to go into consideration when the next TV rights deal needs to be made. If nine dont Have Denis Cometti and Dwayne Russel calling the game, dont bother watching. Why would you want to listen to their lower-class callers babble Crap. Namely MaGuire, Brayshaw and Taylor. Big Difference between their footy coverage compared to their Cricket coverage!

They don't commentate - they barrack. Most annoying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cant stand triple m on radio as sam numan gets bored with the game and starts taking the p i s s out of his fellow callers.

on tv cant stand when you have a biased interstate commentary team call the game, and they just go over the top about the home team even if they are getting pumped:rolleyes:

oh and eddie mguire;)

Luke Logan said:
Best Line Up:
Bruce McAvaney,
Sandy Roberts,
Stephen Quartermaine and
Rex Hunt.

Expert Comments:
Geread Healy and
Jason Dunstall.

Boundary:
Dipper, Barra and Kerls!

What the hell how can you have a best line up without Denis Cometti and Tim Lane who have won AFLMA best football commentators awards they are a clear cut above the rest. Dermott Brereton is clearly the best expert commentator with Garry Lyon following closely behind.

mighty mick said:
cant stand triple m on radio as sam numan gets bored with the game and starts taking the p i s s out of his fellow callers.

on tv cant stand when you have a biased interstate commentary team call the game, and they just go over the top about the home team even if they are getting pumped:rolleyes:

oh and eddie mguire;)
sam NEWMAN really only does this at atrocious matches and if your watching the footy at the same time its good because it makes it interesting as you are bored with the footy so you at least have something interesting to listen to

Giuseepe said:
What the hell how can you have a best line up without Denis Cometti and Tim Lane who have won AFLMA best football commentators awards they are a clear cut above the rest. Dermott Brereton is clearly the best expert commentator with Garry Lyon following closely behind.
you are a moron that means nothing. Dermitt Berreton actually has a very small brain and struggles to count to 2. He knows nothing and wouldn't go close to best expert commentator

mighty mick said:

oh and eddie mguire;)

And you think Victorian commentaters dont? If my team beats a Melbourne side they wont say that we won theyll go on about the Victorian team losing the match like we were just spectators. Dennis is the best commentator by far as he calls it like it is. Gary Lyon, James Brayshaw and Brian Taylor are always taking pot shots at each other which gets pretty annoying. I agree with you about Eddie though. That Freo-Pies game was the most disgraceful and biased commentary I have ever heard.

Hooper said:
you are a moron that means nothing. Dermitt Berreton actually has a very small brain and struggles to count to 2. He knows nothing and wouldn't go close to best expert commentator

That's why we try not to add "expert" along side Dermie's name.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Channel 9 Commentators

Remove this Banner Ad

Back