The Chick aspect

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
to quote myself from another thread;
me said:
by saying this im not defending ben cousins or whatever you may think.

but does anyone else think this whole thing says more about Daniel Chick than Ben Cousins? I mean it says a hell of alot about Bens mental state and how deep his addiction runs but Daniel Chick, if he was really a friend or even liked the guy he should not have been there with him, he should have been doing something to prevent it or support his "mate".

He knew what Ben had been through this last year, he knows how much he was struggling with Mainys death and how easily he could relapse, he knew the events of the last few weeks would have either have a positive or negative effect on Ben and if there was any sign that he was to take the negative pathway surely a mate would would get him to see his counsellor, go back to rehab sooner than he planned, told his family or let his friends know? It doesn't matter what Daniel Chick does but you'd think if a friend was put through all this crap that Ben has, what you [daniel chick] do is irrelevant and you'd want to support and help your mate?

I'm not saying Ben is a victim or innocent or whatever, he has done this to himself and he was an idiot but he was so close and now, so far. Anyway, personally I was pretty much just counting down the days til ben relapsed, his rehab visit was far too short and I know if I had an addiction I wouldn't have been able to cope with the events of this year very well especially after a friends death I probably would have spiralled downwards, and I just hope, for Bens sake, that this incident occurred before he completely spiralled out of control, and got him at the start of a his slide so that the rest of it can be prevented.

If anyone ever questioned why Chicky was delisted - its reasons like this. If Andrew Embley can see he has such an influence on others that he was prepared to go a few rounds with him then that's good enough for me.

Chick = Really Bad Influence.
Cousins = Stupid boy.

Without knowing the full story its pretty hard to say what Chicks role in all this is. But he certainly does appear to have a bad influence on Ben. At the end of the day though Ben makes his own decisions & should be able to distinguish right from wrong.

Pretty silly to blame Chick then
hahahaha. no one is "blaming" chick as such, but its pretty well known around wce what kind of influence he has on people. read through my entire first post...i think you find i wasn't blaming chick just making an assessment on his character and also saying that ben cousins was an idiot and was not making excuses for him. :thumbsu:

hahahaha. no one is "blaming" chick as such, but its pretty well known around wce what kind of influence he has on people. read through my entire first post...i think you find i wasn't blaming chick just making an assessment on his character and also saying that ben cousins was an idiot and was not making excuses for him. :thumbsu:

Both are bad as one another if you ask me

But I'm not in the public eye making truckloads of cash at MY choice

and it makes a difference whether or not you judge a persons character? so confused.
What has that got to do with whether someone can wonder if a particular incident says something about one person more than another?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My mate has been involved with the West Coast Eagles from their beginning and he told me well before the Cousins soapy started, that Chick is the biggest unstabilising influence at the club.

He now has no doubt that Chick has played a big part in both Cousins, Kerr and even Gardiner getting into strife. The guy is a complete d!ck apparently.

I think the WC Eagles FC and the AFL have a lot to answer for here. They knew things were not right but they chose to do nothing until it was exposed and even then they were pathetic.

Enough excuses, the AFL needs to show some leadership with this, the WCE need to take some responsibility, bite the bullet and take the appropriate action again Cousins. He needs to fess up and make a public apology, then all three responsible parties will win back some respect.

My mate has been involved with the West Coast Eagles from their beginning and he told me well before the Cousins soapy started, that Chick is the biggest unstabilising influence at the club.

He now has no doubt that Chick has played a big part in both Cousins, Kerr and even Gardiner getting into strife. The guy is a complete d!ck apparently.

I think the WC Eagles FC and the AFL have a lot to answer for here. They knew things were not right but they chose to do nothing until it was exposed and even then they were pathetic.

Enough excuses, the AFL needs to show some leadership with this, the WCE need to take some responsibility, bite the bullet and take the appropriate action again Cousins. He needs to fess up and make a public apology, then all three responsible parties will win back some respect.

Yep cos none of these blokes can make decisions for themselves, it's all Chick's fault that they stuffed up :rolleyes: Time for them to grow up and take some responsibility for their stupidity. Theyre all a bunch of tools.

Cousins and Gardiner were hanging out with Kizon and co before Chick even moved to WA.

Chick is clearly a dick but he hasn't got the police rap sheet of Cousins, Gardiner and Kerr. You cannot blame him.

Why is everyone quick to blame Chick for Cousins' behaviour. I'm not saying he isn' guilty but how do we now he's the driving force behind Cousins' spiral. For all we know Cousins may be the leader and he's the bad influence on Chick.

Personally I would be gald to see both of them (and whoever else is into all the $hit) gone from the club. The sooner that happens the sooner the rebuilding phase can begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back