Preview The Curious Case of the Two Grand Finalists Geelong v Sydney at GHMBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ladhams has played a reasonable amount of game time as a forward for port while he was there and in our situation beggars can't be choosers. Play Hickey ruck and Ladhams as the tall forward in place of McClean. At least Ladhams can move. Unless the ball is on top of McClean's head he is rendered useless.
He's a handy forward for sure.
When he's not playing volleyball.:)

I’m a fan and never offended

That's good because it's pitiful how people can't handle their favourites being critiqued.

He is going shithouse and that's a fact. Anybody who can't see that his form is nowhere what he is capable of is in denial.

We all love our players Wolfy.
I used to be very positive all the time, rose coloured glasses & all, but after the 2014 GF smashing against the Hawks, I have become more demanding of list & selection integrity.
I hate favourites based on what they've done in the distant past (4 weeks).
ROK being left out of the seniors all year without a look in for the remainder of the season was the starting point for me.
Horse, the leaders & the selectors made that decision that year. All good! So I have held them to account on selecting out of form or injured players based on their best form.

2014 GF: ROK would have shown more ticker than 90% of the team that took the field that day.
2016 GF: Once again the selection of players who weren't fit ahead of players who could have done the job.
2022 GF: Selecting a clearly injured Reid ahead of a fit young McDonald.

Big games.
Big fails.

I could see a case to drop mclean or a cunningham

but given injuries to Armatey and existing outs, a great win, I can't see many changes

Unless Gould is actually not fit or young warner is tired

What is Horse going to do when Hickey's ready for senior footy? Cause the two ruck thing might not work, and I'm not dropping Ladhams.

Check outside for flying pigs now that another tall is fit

Probably. I’m just all in on CHB Blakey, the key defender of tomorrow's football.

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could see a case to drop mclean or a cunningham

but given injuries to Armatey and existing outs, a great win, I can't see many changes

Unless Gould is actually not fit or young warner is tired
I’d rather Clarke in for both Corey Warner and Cunningham. Clarke has a huge tank, tackles hard and can hit the scoreboard.
Will shut down a player and find the ball himself. Never sits outside waiting to be fed an easy ball. It’s exactly the type of player we need at the moment.

I can see us going:

In: Francis, Clarke, Gould
Out: Cunningham, Amartey, Corey Warner
Sub: Cunningham

This will give us the option to play an extra behind the ball (Francis IMO due to his good marking ability) as an intercept marking defender while not leaving our midfield short.

Cameron is playing a diff role this season than previous roaming up the ground and playing more as a midfielder. I’d rather put Mills on him than Fox. Mills can defend him and hurt him more in the mids if he roams up the ground

Can't imagine there'd be three changes after such a strong win. Francis for Amartey, that's it.
I reckon Clarke would be under done. And he is not a shoe in.
Rampe could come in. But if he does, there will be a reshuffle. McInerney back to mids and Roberts/Warner jnr out.
I'd be happy with just Francis for Amartey though.

I will be disappointed if we don’t show some serious mongrel this weekend. I expect our midfield to be up in their faces, take them on and run through them. They’re going to unfurl the flag and rub our noses in it. Kirky better fire em up - “this is for the Bloods”

I reckon Clarke would be under done. And he is not a shoe in.
Rampe could come in. But if he does, there will be a reshuffle. McInerney back to mids and Roberts/Warner jnr out.
I'd be happy with just Francis for Amartey though.

Why wouldn't he be though? He was crucial to our winning team last year & no one has filled his role in our indifferent start to the season.

What is Horse going to do when Hickey's ready for senior footy? Cause the two ruck thing might not work, and I'm not dropping Ladhams.
I'm absolutely dropping that useless sack into the twos.

Why wouldn't he be though? He was crucial to our winning team last year & no one has filled his role in our indifferent start to the season.
I think we have more options than Clarke. Clarke last year was third choice. We tried Wicks. We tried Ronke. Then We tried Clarke. He exceeded all our expectations. I thought he was a limited player. He has improved his repertoire. But he has been injured for quite a while. Is he ready to go?

That's true. The other option is we could just not try it? I think I would rather just play Francis forward and keep Ladhams in the ruck. But I don't rate Hickey much so that sways me a little.
I don't believe Francis is any more of a forward than Hickey is and as forwards go McLean isn't offering much at the moment either.

Ladhams has shown a lot lately but if needed I can easily see him play most of the time forward and covering ruck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back