Human Movement The early Homo Sapiens

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched the YT clip on this

The thought that came to me was is it related to the Stone of Scone
Good thought, it could be, easy to check out if they are they are the same type of stone. Mind you it's a wee little pebble compared to the altar stone. Our ancestors certainly had a penchant for special rocks.
My friend Peter, the paleoartist suggested the Pleistocene glaciation could have moved it. Stones moved like this have a great name, glacial erratics. Being an ignoramus about geology I had too check if stones this big can be moved by glaciation - they can. The various waves of Pleistocene glaciation did cover Scotland and Britain, so it's a plausible theory.

Good thought, it could be, easy to check out if they are they are the same type of stone. Mind you it's a wee little pebble compared to the altar stone. Our ancestors certainly had a penchant for special rocks.
My friend Peter, the paleoartist suggested the Pleistocene glaciation could have moved it. Stones moved like this have a great name, glacial erratics. Being an ignoramus about geology I had too check if stones this big can be moved by glaciation - they can. The various waves of Pleistocene glaciation did cover Scotland and Britain, so it's a plausible theory.
They mentioned this in the clip - apparently there are no visible glacier trails

As to the truth of that I cant say

Actually scratch that Scone theory - Stone of Scone is red sandstone and the Altar Stone is bluestone

Remove this Banner Ad

Human Movement The early Homo Sapiens

Remove this Banner Ad

Back