The elephant in the room

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond duds have no place in our club....they bring nothing of a positive, winning attitude with them..

A fair question for Voss - why did he target Rawlings considering he would bring a lot less than somebody from a more successful club?

When Matthews became coach in 1999 the Kangaroos were on top and he wanted to get someone with experience playing under Pagan, so he got Matthew Armstrong.

When St Kilda wanted to go to a new level in 2009 they targeted Leigh Tudor who had premiership experience at the Cats who were clearly the best team in the comp.

Not that I think Rawlings is a bad assistant, but I'm sure there are other more experienced assistants from other more successful clubs who could have brought more to the table, especially if you are limiting yourself to such a small number of assistants.

Not that I think Rawlings is a bad assistant, but I'm sure there are other more experienced assistants from other more successful clubs who could have brought more to the table, especially if you are limiting yourself to such a small number of assistants.

Top line assistants demand more money. Maybe Voss & Co believe that we are still at the gathering the cattle stage and developing stage and once they are satisfied with list more top line assistants will be brought in. At this we can save that money for when it is needed.

It would be nice to know exactly where Voss thought the club was at and at what point in time a flag was really achievable.

Until recently Voss had the 2nd biggest win/loss percentage of any coach.

This is the first bad patch in his coaching career I can remember and I think we should all focus on whose fault this really is.

Brent Stakers.

Until recently Voss had the 2nd biggest win/loss percentage of any coach.

Not any more.

This is the first bad patch in his coaching career I can remember and I think we should all focus on whose fault this really is.

Brent Stakers.

He was our best player last night. At least one recruit is paying his way.

This is Tim Watson at St Kilda repeating itself. There is only one way this can end from here ...

so when do we bring in Malcolm Blight?

I think the club should ban Voss from the news camera's and any footy shows. I know he has a responsibility to promote the game but that would be better served by Brisbane winning games.

I'd like him to concentrate on footy and not the latest afl issue of the day. He's too much of a media tart . That's were the club should start,

I think the club should ban Voss from the news camera's and any footy shows. I know he has a responsibility to promote the game but that would be better served by Brisbane winning games.

I'd like him to concentrate on footy and not the latest afl issue of the day. He's too much of a media tart . That's were the club should start,

Completely agree. Voss is looking more and more like 'Am I out of my depth or what' material. I couldn't believe his summary that 'Browny couldn't get past 90% recovery rate so we had to pull him from starting! OR else he might get more injured!'

Browny hasn't been 70% right at best since Melb rd 5. For him to jeopardise his capt, with a poss season ending injury, Vossy should walk the plank. I've had 8 weeks now to form the opinion that MIchael doesn't know waht he's doing. From his media spin, he doesn't have much of a clue.

I'm calling for a CLUB REVIEW. Something is terribly wrong. Laidley needs to be brought in to steady the ship. Who actually is the Football Manager now? Since Gubby Allan left, the place has gone to the rack, (AFL won't let it go to ruin- see Port this year).

I've heard about the injury list, staph prob etc, but its clear to all that Michael is not the solution. If he hadn't got Staker and Maguire we'd be wooden spoon material. The only plus this year is Banfield + giving Rockcliff, Hawksley and Polkinghorne game time. Berger seems to have woken up to his no 1 status as a ruckman. Fev has grubbered and soccered more goals than teams at World Cup - arsey.

Coaches are obligated to speak to the press at press conferences.

He has been on 1 "football show" all year.

I mean seriously, these are all non issues. No need to even be discussed.

You are kidding?...right??:eek:

I don't know, it seemed to work well for the Saints - brought in Blight in 2001, and 3 years later they were in the Prelim Final. Pretty rapid recovery. ;)

Of course, we would have to get around the small problem of him being a board member for GC17. Maybe he could stand down (as a board member) when the teams play?

Back to our problems, the difference here to St Kilda in 2000, is that they went all the way to the bottom, and in three years managed to get draft picks 1 and 2 in 2000; picks 2, 5 and 13 in 2001; and pick 1 in 2002. That is the same model followed by Melbourne over the past three years and to a lesser extent, Hawthorn in 2004-05. However, Voss or his successor will have no such good fortune to rebuild properly.

Coaches are obligated to speak to the press at press conferences.

He has been on 1 "football show" all year.

I mean seriously, these are all non issues. No need to even be discussed.
I do laugh at the people whinging about this coach or that coach either sounding mad or sounding boring and corporate-bullshit. They can't win.
Terry Wallace gave fantastic pressers. Remember that.
What matters is what happens on the field, what happens with the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do laugh at the people whinging about this coach or that coach either sounding mad or sounding boring and corporate-bullshit. They can't win.
Terry Wallace gave fantastic pressers. Remember that.
What matters is what happens on the field, what happens with the list.

Terry Wallet = Greatest Spin Doctor of all time - bar none. His pressers were good because you always looked forward to how he would try position a bleak outlook as a positive or how he would shift blame to sins of the past or distance himself once the blow torch was being applied.

What I hope is that Vossy stands for total honesty, the way that he played - no bulls#%t.

I like the Paul Roos approach - no ego just facts.

Terry Wallet = Greatest Spin Doctor of all time - bar none. His pressers were good because you always looked forward to how he would try position a bleak outlook as a positive or how he would shift blame to sins of the past or distance himself once the blow torch was being applied.

What I hope is that Vossy stands for total honesty, the way that he played - no bulls#%t.

I like the Paul Roos approach - no ego just facts.
If you had 3 or 4 more wins, he could stand up there, make a fool of himself and spin you absolute, utter bullshit and you just wouldn't give a ****. When you're lower down the ladder, the focus (for some reason) hones in on pressers and comments.

Same thing happened with Sheeds. While he was coaching a good side and talking crap, he was an irascible genius; when he was coaching a pox side, he was a lunatic. Did he change? No.
Reverse with mark Harvey, he was judged to have no idea when he was telling the press they were "dangerous" last year, this year he's also made ridiculous comments, but he's winning so no-one gives a shit.

I think the question has to be asked why did britt's quit after only one year as an an assistant coach to vossy ?

Did he not agree with the voss recruting philosophies ?

Who re enters the afl football world after a few years in exile for one year?

I don't believe wayne quit for business interests as was stated i think he was asked to go for second guessing a club stalwart,legend.untouchable man who didn't agree with vossy.

For what its worth britts was very critical of vossy's coaching on sen radio on sat night

:eek:..er um, well you see its like this..;)..sorry, but when I wrote that, you guys hadn't hit your straps yet...rapt that you have by the way:thumbsu:

...I was meaning back then (not now, things are changing aren't they)...our assistants + one player have come from your horror era..

cheers

ahahah dont worry mate we know weve been terrible in that department for alot of years

Yeah, he's doing wonders at Port Adelaide.:thumbsdown:

The last time I looked, he wasn't actually in charge of Port.
I seem to remember that when he was in charge of North, they managed to get into the finals a number of times.
Last time I looked in the dictionary, an Assistant assisted the Head Coach only.
Has anything changed in the real world lately, so that assistants run the whole show?
Laidley would go ok at Lions. He's an experienced coach who has got results. :thumbsu:

I think the question has to be asked why did britt's quit after only one year as an an assistant coach to vossy ?

Did he not agree with the voss recruting philosophies ?

Who re enters the afl football world after a few years in exile for one year?

I don't believe wayne quit for business interests as was stated i think he was asked to go for second guessing a club stalwart,legend.untouchable man who didn't agree with vossy.

For what its worth britts was very critical of vossy's coaching on sen radio on sat night

Didn't Britts have that terrible joust with golden staph that damn nearly killed him. Amputation was on the cards for a while too. Given that scenario, he had every right to take stock of his life and decide on not being a club assistant. After all that, I'd want a year off!

Yes, there may be backroom reasons too, but we'll never know that till he releases his memoirs. In the meantime, cut him slack.

Didn't Britts have that terrible joust with golden staph that damn nearly killed him. Amputation was on the cards for a while too. Given that scenario, he had every right to take stock of his life and decide on not being a club assistant. After all that, I'd want a year off!

Yes, there may be backroom reasons too, but we'll never know that till he releases his memoirs. In the meantime, cut him slack.

Um...that was Craig Brittain

Remove this Banner Ad

The elephant in the room

Remove this Banner Ad

Back