The end of ECW?

Remove this Banner Ad

Wade Keller, Pro Wrestling Torch reports:
WWE.com reports a storyline that Armondo Estrada and Vickie Guerrero are meeting to discuss a merger of the ECW and Smackdown rosters so both would be competing on Tuesdays and Fridays together.

This, in effect, would end ECW as a brand because house shows are already combined. Once the TV show includes Smackdown wrestlers intermixing, there's not much that justifies the name "ECW" continuing.

There are so few ECW wrestlers, and with sagging ratings from the 2.0-plus level they once attained early on, it's no shock WWE would consider changing things.

Obviously they're not keen on calling up developmental talent to fill the rosters.

should of expected this to come soon enough, although ecw has been worth watching the past few weeks, but yes it getting merged was more of an inevitablity instead of a a bad outcome

I just wish all brands would merge.

Ah the good old days.:cool:

I also heard that ECW on Sci-Fi got the lowest rating since the return of ECW last week, sounds like a good time to dump the ECW concept. Though they could have called some of the development guys up and given them a try out for a couple of weeks, I guess the WWE doesn't see much in point in that.

NEWS JUST IN (Seriously)

ECW will now be also Streamed on WWE.com in its uninterupted entirety!

Surely this is the Second step into turning ECW into Smackdowns "sister show" (aka B Show) just like "Velocity" was to smackdown, and "Heat" is to Raw.

Plus Sci-Fi probably ARENT going to be renewing the contract

Was always going to happen. I still contend that ECW should just have been a once per year PPV thing. But whatever.
I reckon the same, but keep the WWE guys (who never competed in the real ECW) out of it though.

I think Shane Dougla' Hardcore Homecoming was more ECW then the One Night Stand's were, though the first one had some good matches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

The end of ECW?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back