Not open for further replies.

SirRooke

Team Captain
Sep 24, 2006
Singapore
AFL Club
Geelong
Thank-god! :thumbsu:

It was frustrating to the point of being depressing. He wasn't good enough, didn't win his own ball and will be found out at Essendon if/when he recovers from his knee. It is hard to imagine a more overrated player.

I just hope that more respect is now paid to Byrnes, who is a premiership player (how many on this board can claim they are???) unlike Prismall who took the easy option and left.

I can only guess who the passions and the mob will turn on next. Mooney, Hawkins, Rooke....? or maybe it will be 'Hogan, Hogan, he isn't as good as the rest but its a tragedy, bordering criminal conspiracy he doesn't get a chance to prove it and to upset those rooting for the underdog, so give him a go anyway...' and we will have to put up with this illogical sort of reasoning once again.

It was frustrating to the point of being depressing. He wasn't good enough, didn't win his own ball and will be found out at Essendon if/when he recovers from his knee. It is hard to imagine a more overrated player.

I just hope that more respect is now paid to Byrnes, who is a premiership player (how many on this board can claim they are???) unlike Prismall who took the easy option and left.

I can only guess who the passions and the mob will turn on next. Mooney, Hawkins, Rooke....? or maybe it will be 'Hogan, Hogan, he isn't as good as the rest but its a tragedy, bordering criminal conspiracy he doesn't get a chance to prove it and to upset those rooting for the underdog, so give him a go anyway...' and we will have to put up with this illogical sort of reasoning once again.

Prismall would have been a premiership player had he been in that 2007 team. Hell, even I would have been.

Let's be fair about this. I don't see myself in either camp, but....

1) He was trying to break into the best midfeild in the comp. 2) He's only 22. 3) He actually did it in the end. He was good enough, prior to the injury, to make the side regularly. If not for the injury he would have played in the GF. So I don't understand this '...wasn't good enough' stuff.

This is the most ridiculous load of bullshit I have read that wasn't an attempt to troll, for a long time.
Prismall was good and is going to get better. If he hadn't of done his knee, most clubs would have been after him put simply. There is a reason for that.

Competition for spots defends against complacency. I'm very disappointed to see him leave, he is no less deserving of a spot then Kelly, Varcoe, Lonergan and Stokes who continue to get regular games.

And Byrnes vs Prismall isn't even debatable, SR you are just like an ex who's been cheated on or something. I hope you truly don't believe what you say.

I'm glad that the club done the right thing by him, he just wants to and deserves to play AFL footy every week. At least he wont be playing for a team that has a realistic chance of threatening our dominance. My biggest problem is that we sold low, Prismall is worth a pick 15 spots higher then what we got for him.

Austin McCrabb is a premiership player..................

Another entry I did in the Bay 13 'Paint' thread...

essendon.jpg

I stopped reading when I read that part. What a joke you are. Prismall has so much more talent and potential than Shannon-we-already-****ing-know-what-we-get-but-hey-give-him-more-****ing-games-and-a-premiership-to-be-the-best-hack-ever-Byrnes.

And if he didn't get injured last year, he would've had Byrnes covered last years GF.

But Byrnes is useless. He may be a 'premiership' player but he barely did anything to deserve it.

prismall was good, dont deny it.

now we have to be tortured watching kelly turn the ball over time and time again...

Yeah you are correct mate. Even if Pris had have stayed we would still be watching Kelly and co in the seniors whilst Pris waited in the seconds. And that is the reason he now plays for Essendon!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

prismall was good, dont deny it.

now we have to be tortured watching kelly turn the ball over time and time again...

one thing is for sure...prismall wont have anywhere to hide at the dons, he will be the main man in the midfield and have to also deal with playing against taggers and not having the time to dispose of the ball.

geez he was a good kick, he was the best kick to a leading forward at Geelong.

His downside was that he was slow but he'll play a big role at the bombers as long as his body stays right.

I agree with the sentiment that he went too cheaply but it was the timing godammit, he was out of contract, had made up his mind to go and did his knee at the worst possible time. Unless Wells finds a winner at pick #39 we really have come out of this poorly.

The anti-Prismall cult had just as many members and were far more delusional.

He'll cut it up at Essendon. There is a good reason why the club was so keen to keep him.

You could count the Prismall-haters on this board on one hand.

And the Prismall lovers were beyond hysterical at times. It was always amusing to watch them get wound up. I will miss it.

You could count the Prismall-haters on this board on one hand.

And the Prismall lovers were beyond hysterical at times. It was always amusing to watch them get wound up. I will miss it.

Absolute myth. There are extreme reactions to every player on this board but the main one you'd hear about Prismall was to the effect that he is a talented young player unlucky not to be playing more games. Hardly hysteria.

History will be the judge of this one.

I agree catempire. While Prismall was a liked player on this board this whole "Cult of Prismall" crap is the biggest load of bullshit I have see on here in a while. It seems to me that it is the Prismall haters that are going over the top.

I don't know about Prismall haters - more that certain people were against the pack assumption of Byrnes out and Prismall in was the way it should be.

Until Prismall plays a substantive amount of footy at the highest level, then we won't really know how good he is.

From an objective point of view I am interested to see the amount of times Byrnes has been raised under a Prismall related topic.

So I get it that Byrnes is a player people love to hate on here but the obsession seems to be in comparing the two. It's not something I have actually given much thought to in the past because they are not the same type of player even if at times they play the same position on the ground.

I guess it is ironic then if Prismall decided to stay Byrnes would have most likely been traded on Friday.

If you were offered a guaranteed spot in the best 22 every week and an extra $150,000 a year what decision would you make?

I don't blame Brent at all. I'm sad to see him go and I just hope it doesn't come back and bite us on the bum, not that we could do anything about him wanting to go anyway. We didn't get fair value in the trade but Essendon had us over the barrel so can understand why they wouldn't offer us any more than pick 39.

Good luck to Brent. Just hope he saves his best games in the future for teams other than us.

:D, yes, it's just everyone elses view that is subjective!

I fear I might have a stalker!

I was referring to people bringing Byrnes up in a Prismall related topic. If you are suggesting that isnt subjective reasoning I guess english isnt your strong suit. All opinions are subjective but this relates to the topic being discussed (why discuss Byrnes in a topic about Prismall) and not that people have an opinion in general. It's all rather straight forward I would have thought.

Its probably a good time to ask if you are feeling ok today? That is feeling better than you have since Friday for instance?

The only reason Byrnes and Prismall get compared for is because Byrnes still got games before Prismall when VFL form didn't warrant it and Prismalls form was good. (Not to mention we had already given Byrnes (and Tenace for that matter) a lot more chance than we had with Prismall).

Who cares what position they play, look at their bloody skills and you can clearly see Prismall > Byrnes. Speed is overrated when you can't bloody kick or make a good decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back