The End of the Cult of Prismall

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In which league? 'Cause he certainly wasn't a VFL/AFL premiership player.
ha ha. I wasn't sure and couldn't be stuffed looking it up. It was always our nightmare that he'd end up one. :p

Just looked it up. He was traded to them after they won the 91 flag

I agree catempire. While Prismall was a liked player on this board this whole "Cult of Prismall" crap is the biggest load of bullshit I have see on here in a while. It seems to me that it is the Prismall haters that are going over the top.

Hit the mark again, CF. The only posters who have used the word ‘gun’ in the same sentence as ‘Prismall’ were his detractors. All the sensible;) posters have said is he has football talent and didn’t get a fair go. Just how much talent time will tell.

Ironic isn’t it that a thread like this, designed to end Prisa talk, has just prolonged it. Rookie must be really pissed-off that his man love for Shanny hasn’t paid off.:rolleyes:

The only reason Byrnes and Prismall get compared for is because Byrnes still got games before Prismall when VFL form didn't warrant it and Prismalls form was good. (Not to mention we had already given Byrnes (and Tenace for that matter) a lot more chance than we had with Prismall).

Who cares what position they play, look at their bloody skills and you can clearly see Prismall > Byrnes. Speed is overrated when you can't bloody kick or make a good decision.
Looks like the club rates speed over his deficiencies eh? And I would suggest that they would know better than everyone else on this board.

Hit the mark again, CF. The only posters who have used the word ‘gun’ in the same sentence as ‘Prismall’ were his detractors. All the sensible;) posters have said is he has football talent and didn’t get a fair go. Just how much talent time will tell.
I've seen him mentioned as a "gun", "absolute champ", "future captain" by posters who were praising him. I'm not a Prismall-hater, I just wasn't a Prismall-rater. I didn't rate him as much as a lot of you did, and the wanking and over the top praise were getting really damn annoying. Yet whenever you criticise him in any way, you're labelled a hater. Right.

Thank-god! :thumbsu:

It was frustrating to the point of being depressing. He wasn't good enough, didn't win his own ball and will be found out at Essendon if/when he recovers from his knee. It is hard to imagine a more overrated player.

I just hope that more respect is now paid to Byrnes, who is a premiership player (how many on this board can claim they are???) unlike Prismall who took the easy option and left.

I can only guess who the passions and the mob will turn on next. Mooney, Hawkins, Rooke....? or maybe it will be 'Hogan, Hogan, he isn't as good as the rest but its a tragedy, bordering criminal conspiracy he doesn't get a chance to prove it and to upset those rooting for the underdog, so give him a go anyway...' and we will have to put up with this illogical sort of reasoning once again.

i dont even know why we are talkin about this... first of all i am not one of the byrnes haters on this forum, but i will say that i do think prismall has more talent. to say that he is a premiership player which makes him better, its just ridiculous prismall would have played in the gf this year if not for the knee and to be honest i could have played in byrnes spot on gf day last year and we still would have won by 20 goals, this doesnt mean i am a better player than both of these guys though does it???

And prismall may have left and taken the "easy option" but who wouldnt leave for twice the money and a shot at playing regularly at afl level inste4ad of being constantly overlooked in the 2's... and byrnes tried to leave anyway its just that no one wanted him so he stayed at geelong for another year to play out his contract then possibly be delisted where prismall will prob play 100 or more games for the bombers in the future

Looks like the club rates speed over his deficiencies eh? And I would suggest that they would know better than everyone else on this board.

Obviously they do... God knows why. I'd love to have him in the 22 every week if he could do what he did against Sydney every week. He just needs confidence and he'd be a handy player.

But after 5 seasons, it doesn't seem to be showing. Good luck to him in his 6th season, about time he showed something more. >_<

Mwhahahahaha...Greedy Prismall will have to deal with players like Ling and Rooke working against him now

:eek::eek::eek:

Good luck to him..... But he can still get ****ed for running after a dollar :p

So you say. You must know how much more he's getting at the Bombers then.:p Methinks it was because he didn't get the go his form warranted and he couldn't see that changing. Can't say I blame him.

eliiiiza said:
I've seen him mentioned as a "gun", "absolute champ", "future captain" by posters who were praising him. I'm not a Prismall-hater, I just wasn't a Prismall-rater. I didn't rate him as much as a lot of you did, and the wanking and over the top praise were getting really damn annoying. Yet whenever you criticise him in any way, you're labelled a hater. Right.

You've never heard the words 'Prismall-hater' from me. Oh and show me where someone who thought he had some talent called him a 'gun'. Think you might be an adherent to the saying "Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you":eek:

So you say. You must know how much more he's getting at the Bombers then.:p Methinks it was because he didn't get the go his form warranted and he couldn't see that changing. Can't say I blame him.

It was reported in the hun that he's getting somewhere in the vicinity of 300 grand. If that's the case than good luck to him. I thought he was good but not that good that he should command that sort of money. :eek:

I know Geelong rekons he should be on $300K.... We could only afford to pay him on the same rate of $175K.... so yes I know hes gone looking for more money.... Hes only got hes few years playing AFL...and need to set up the rest of his life...

And i still find it funny that ppl still think the match commitee have some sort of evil adgenda.... :rolleyes:

If prisa was the gun that he was talked up to be on BF...GFC would not have let him go...

eliiiiza, do you know Byrnes IRL?
Hmm, how to answer this question... We're not friends but not strangers to each other either.

You've never heard the words 'Prismall-hater' from me. Oh and show me where someone who thought he had some talent called him a 'gun'. Think you might be an adherent to the saying "Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you":eek:
Sorry, I wasn't referring to you, was referring to CatmanForever and catempire. I did try to look before (not very hard though) - can't be bothered wading through 50 pages of posts to look for a quote! It has been said before though.

I've said it before eliiiza. I'll say it again for you.

Brent Prismall is a gun, absolute champion, will be future premiership captain/coach, brownlow, coleman, norm smith, mvp award etc.

:p

On a serious note, I do think he is a very good player that needs a better run once he is fit and at Essendon he will. Could very well be a gun. Time will tell.

I've said it before eliiiza. I'll say it again for you.

Brent Prismall is a gun, absolute champion, will be future premiership captain/coach, brownlow, coleman, norm smith, mvp award etc.

:p

On a serious note, I do think he is a very good player that needs a better run once he is fit and at Essendon he will. Could very well be a gun. Time will tell.

Taking drugs is not cool ninty....Prisa will look alot differant around with the bombers......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I fear I might have a stalker!

I was referring to people bringing Byrnes up in a Prismall related topic. If you are suggesting that isnt subjective reasoning I guess english isnt your strong suit. All opinions are subjective but this relates to the topic being discussed (why discuss Byrnes in a topic about Prismall) and not that people have an opinion in general. It's all rather straight forward I would have thought.

Its probably a good time to ask if you are feeling ok today? That is feeling better than you have since Friday for instance?

Get a clue. I'm not going to debate you about the English language. So far from what I've seen from you're posts it would be like taking candy from a baby.

Suffice to say, *newsflash*, it's your opinion that Prismall threads contain discussions about Byrnes. Even by your definition, that is subjective.

So spare us beginning your posts with "from an objective POV..." when all they contain is an opinion.

As for the substance of what you said, you'll find Prismall and Byrnes get discussed in the same breath a lot because on many occasions in the past few years selection decisions involved these players going in and out of the side (rightly or wrongly). Discussions about selection decisions from week to week frequently focussed on which of these players was worthy of a spot in the side. Then both players' names were discussed during trade week. There's no conspiracy theory here.

Get used to people responding if you quote their posts. It's kind of the way things work on a discussion board. Far from stalking. ;)

Get a clue. I'm not going to debate you about the English language. So far from what I've seen from you're posts it would be like taking candy from a baby.

Suffice to say, *newsflash*, it's your opinion that Prismall threads contain discussions about Byrnes. Even by your definition, that is subjective.

So spare us beginning your posts with "from an objective POV..." when all they contain is an opinion.

As for the substance of what you said, you'll find Prismall and Byrnes get discussed in the same breath a lot because on many occasions in the past few years selection decisions involved these players going in and out of the side (rightly or wrongly). Discussions about selection decisions from week to week frequently focussed on which of these players was worthy of a spot in the side. Then both players' names were discussed during trade week. There's no conspiracy theory here.

Get used to people responding if you quote their posts. It's kind of the way things work on a discussion board. Far from stalking. ;)

My concern for you is that you're now putting alot of emotional effort in.
Its not just an opinion at all that Byrnes is being discussed under this Prismall topic. Look around? Objectivity relates to factuality and nonpartisanship. Byrnes is being discussed in this thread as a fact and I havent shown any preference or sided at all for either player.

According to you there was a conspiracy in place to select Byrnes at Geelong ahead of more deserving players :D Do you realise how many people at the club this would involve RE side selection? Please consider this relates to a side that has won 42 of the last 45 games and a flag?

The other concern is this emerging "control freak" aspect of your postings now. Telling me this is how I should post and this is how not to post. Why not just teach your own grandmother how to suck eggs?

Added to the puzzle is you resorting to petty insults whilst strenuously asserting how wonderfully intelligent you are. Is that how it works amongst the intelligentsia? You'll find they dont need to resort to such dimly lit pursuits. Why are you feeling so insecure about all this?

My concern for you is that you're now putting alot of emotional effort in.
Its not just an opinion at all that Byrnes is being discussed under this Prismall topic. Look around? Objectivity relates to factuality and nonpartisanship. Byrnes is being discussed in this thread as a fact and I havent shown any preference or sided at all for either player.

According to you there was a conspiracy in place to select Byrnes at Geelong ahead of more deserving players :D Do you realise how many people at the club this would involve RE side selection? Please consider this relates to a side that has won 42 of the last 45 games and a flag?

The other concern is this emerging "control freak" aspect of your postings now. Telling me this is how I should post and this is how not to post. Why not just teach your own grandmother how to suck eggs?

Added to the puzzle is you resorting to petty insults whilst strenuously asserting how wonderfully intelligent you are. Is that how it works amongst the intelligentsia? You'll find they dont need to resort to such dimly lit pursuits. Why are you feeling so insecure about all this?

Take your pop-psychology elsewhere.

Let's be clear, post whatever you want, whenever you want. But take my posts out of context or misquote me or misrepresent me, and I will call you on it. There's nothing more to it than that.

I'm here to discuss footy. I have zero emotional investment.

Get back on topic or STFU.

Take your pop-psychology elsewhere.

Let's be clear, post whatever you want, whenever you want. But take my posts out of context or misquote me or misrepresent me, and I will call you on it. There's nothing more to it than that.

I'm here to discuss footy. I have zero emotional investment.

Get back on topic or STFU.

Anyone can go back and read your old postings? I know that much from being on here all of 10 days. What does it have to do with me anyway? In fact what does any of this have to do with me? I don't follow? Nothing is a "misquote".

STFU? :D What a big bad monster you are!! Internet tough guy. Dear me.

Objectivity was what I was discussing when you quoted me this morning. So Mr Zero emotional investment (are you 0 emotionally invested on Wall Street by the way then that might make sense!!) I dont know what you are talking about but please feel free to fill me in when it suits.

Anyone can go back and read your old postings? I know that much from being on here all of 10 days. What does it have to do with me anyway? In fact what does any of this have to do with me? I don't follow? Nothing is a "misquote".

STFU? :D What a big bad monster you are!! Internet tough guy. Dear me.

Objectivity was what I was discussing when you quoted me this morning. So Mr Zero emotional investment (are you 0 emotionally invested on Wall Street by the way then that might make sense!!) I dont know what you are talking about but please feel free to fill me in when it suits.

Boring.

Next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back