Media The End of the Sweet FA

Remove this Banner Ad

There comes a time and place where rash decisions must be made.

To the Sweet FA community, this place has long lived for around 24 years and there have been thousands of members through these doors who have each had some part to play in the history and its legacy. However, it is time as acting admin that I step forward and leave my own legacy on this place. With a decision that is set to rock your very socks - it's time that the Sweet FA comes to a close.

Yours truly has stirred the pot once again. That's right, brace yourselves for the most eyebrow-raising announcement this side of the pitch: the Sweet FA is no more, and in its place stands the Sweet QA – a monument to my absolute power over all things absurd.

Now, before you start hurling virtual shoes at your screens, hear me out. As the admin of this league, a deocrated Hall of Fame member and West Coast Wonders legend, I've earned the right to shake things up a bit, haven't I? After all, it's not every day you get to nearly kick the Bombers out of the league once and for all.

Let's talk Qooty, shall we? For those of you scratching your heads in confusion, allow me to paint a picture. Imagine a world where football meets fantasy, where players aren't flesh and blood, but names on a screen and in a stupid simulation, and where the only limit is your imagination – and perhaps the occasional melt. That, my friends, is the beauty of Qooty. It's not even football anymore, really... And frankly, it's about time we embraced the absurdity of it all.

The decision to rebrand was met with great applause or agreeance in the Committee. Far from it, in fact. The Sweet QA may be a new frontier, but it's one we'll conquer together, one nonsensical match and fixture with mid-week byes at a time.

Let's not forget the power dynamic that is very clearly at play here. Sure, I was never elected to the position. Sure, I am not even taking this up to the committee. Sure, I may have rocks in my head. But even I'm not immune to the occasional bout of self-deprecation. Because if there's one thing I've learned in my years on this board, it's that laughter is the best medicine.

So here's to the end of the Sweet FA and say hello to the new and improved Sweet QA beginning Season 38 and beyond.

And no, this is all just a pisstake however it's admittedly better than bumping 13 year old retirement threads though, that's for sure. Looking at you serial_thrilla

Quality assurance?
Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

There comes a time and place where rash decisions must be made.

To the Sweet FA community, this place has long lived for around 24 years and there have been thousands of members through these doors who have each had some part to play in the history and its legacy. However, it is time as acting admin that I step forward and leave my own legacy on this place. With a decision that is set to rock your very socks - it's time that the Sweet FA comes to a close.

Yours truly has stirred the pot once again. That's right, brace yourselves for the most eyebrow-raising announcement this side of the pitch: the Sweet FA is no more, and in its place stands the Sweet QA – a monument to my absolute power over all things absurd.

Now, before you start hurling virtual shoes at your screens, hear me out. As the admin of this league, a deocrated Hall of Fame member and West Coast Wonders legend, I've earned the right to shake things up a bit, haven't I? After all, it's not every day you get to nearly kick the Bombers out of the league once and for all.

Let's talk Qooty, shall we? For those of you scratching your heads in confusion, allow me to paint a picture. Imagine a world where football meets fantasy, where players aren't flesh and blood, but names on a screen and in a stupid simulation, and where the only limit is your imagination – and perhaps the occasional melt. That, my friends, is the beauty of Qooty. It's not even football anymore, really... And frankly, it's about time we embraced the absurdity of it all.

The decision to rebrand was met with great applause or agreeance in the Committee. Far from it, in fact. The Sweet QA may be a new frontier, but it's one we'll conquer together, one nonsensical match and fixture with mid-week byes at a time.

Let's not forget the power dynamic that is very clearly at play here. Sure, I was never elected to the position. Sure, I am not even taking this up to the committee. Sure, I may have rocks in my head. But even I'm not immune to the occasional bout of self-deprecation. Because if there's one thing I've learned in my years on this board, it's that laughter is the best medicine.

So here's to the end of the Sweet FA and say hello to the new and improved Sweet QA beginning Season 38 and beyond.

And no, this is all just a pisstake however it's admittedly better than bumping 13 year old retirement threads though, that's for sure. Looking at you serial_thrilla
You forgot to mention
IMG_4397.gif

You meant the Sweet QA map?
No, the Sweet FA map.

Maybe the Bombers could be renamed the QAnon Bombers? That would make more sense.

No, the Sweet FA map.

Maybe the Bombers could be renamed the QAnon Bombers? That would make more sense.
If there is ever a time to get rid of the Bombers, it is before Season 38... a merge with the Furies will probably do this place a world of good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If there is ever a time to get rid of the Bombers, it is before Season 38... a merge with the Furies will probably do this place a world of good.
The Fight Buries hey

Oh I didn’t realise you were still dribbling crap. I thought this was finished! What do you think James Colorado? Team mates again? I’m just concerned about the Baghdad corruption. We are bad!

Oh I didn’t realise you were still dribbling crap. I thought this was finished! What do you think James Colorado? Team mates again? I’m just concerned about the Baghdad corruption. We are bad!
Colorado and Frederico would make great bookends, but there’s no way we’d give up our Baghdad schtick.

We need to update your contract Bovo - $550k is undervalue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media The End of the Sweet FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back