Sport The Essendon Board’s Paris 2024 Olympics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Shut up you maple syrup swigging commie.
The amount of times I've been called for the same thing...

In all seriousness, Canada probably second favourites for the gold. We've played pretty well. Beat Greece and we'll get through.

Had the same feeling about the Matildas as I have about Essendon every season - relief that they are out and I can now just enjoy watching the sport without being emotionally invested in the teams.

Most incredible finish was the GB women's quad rowing crew. One stroke on the finish line took them to the lead and past the Dutch crew that had led all race.

Loved the opening ceremony. Favourite bit was the heavy metal band Gojira. The song apparently referenced the terror attack at the Eagles of Death Metal concert at the Bataclan as well as the Revolution.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had the same feeling about the Matildas as I have about Essendon every season - relief that they are out and I can now just enjoy watching the sport without being emotionally invested in the teams.

Most incredible finish was the GB women's quad rowing crew. One stroke on the finish line took them to the lead and past the Dutch crew that had led all race.

Loved the opening ceremony. Favourite bit was the heavy metal band Gojira. The song apparently referenced the terror attack at the Eagles of Death Metal concert at the Bataclan as well as the Revolution.
Yeah I really liked that Gojira song too (the Marie Antoinette bit was out there).

I can’t stop playing the Blue Smurfs song…this video reminds me of when Pseudo Echo turned up on the back of a train in my hometown in country Victoria (circa 86-87) and all of us kids followed them around 😆

Julien Alfred won St Lucia their first ever medal (gold) in the 100m sprint.

Something weird going on with Shelly-Anne Fraser-Pryce…you don’t train for 4 years then not compete just because you can’t get on the warm up track.
I read she hurt her hammy

Remove this Banner Ad

Sport The Essendon Board’s Paris 2024 Olympics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back