The Essendon Football Club are only two years off becoming a Richmond ...

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree wholeheartedly with this thread. Essendon people and supporters never seem to amaze me with the way they just take everything that Sheedy does as gospel. In two to three years Essendon is finished and will be consigned to the bottom of the table ala Carlton of 2002-2006!

Lloyd will be past it
Lucas ditto
Fletcher ditto
Mal Michael will be well and truly entrenched in his retirement village
James Hird will be a fond and distant memory
Jobe Watson will still not know how to hit a target by foot
Keppler Bradley will be playing fb or chb hahahaha!
Gumbleton has not even played a game yet but he might provide a target.
The Johnsons will be confined to limited roles.
Paddy Ryder will be required to play every position on the ground all at the same time, poor kid.
Leroy Jetta will turn up once a month as was the case in his junor days of inconsistency!
Alywn Davey is too small to play a midfield role and will be nothing more than a goalsneak.
Courtney Johns cant get a kick on the oppositions third best defender imagine when he is on the best!
Monfries, Winderlich and Stanton are the only hope in the midfield department. They're work horses sure but midfields of the majority of other clubs have a more scarier look to it.

No Backline, no forward line and a crap midfield within two to three years. All as a result of trying to plug holes in the short term without looking to the future through the draft. Well done Bombers! enjoy being competitive this year and then god help you.

I agree wholeheartedly with this thread. Essendon people and supporters never seem to amaze me with the way they just take everything that Sheedy does as gospel. In two to three years Essendon is finished and will be consigned to the bottom of the table ala Carlton of 2002-2006!

Lloyd will be past it
Lucas ditto
Fletcher ditto
Paddy Ryder will be required to play every position on the ground all at the same time, poor kid.
Leroy Jetta will turn up once a month as was the case in his junor days of inconsistency!
Alywn Davey is too small to play a midfield role and will be nothing more than a goalsneak.
Courtney Johns cant get a kick on the oppositions third best defender imagine when he is on the best!
Monfries, Winderlich and Stanton are the only hope in the midfield department. They're work horses sure but midfields of the majority of other clubs have a more scarier look to it.

No Backline, no forward line and a crap midfield within two to three years. All as a result of trying to plug holes in the short term without looking to the future through the draft. Well done Bombers! enjoy being competitive this year and then god help you.
Perhaps you'd be good enough to tell us exactly how we haven't looked to the future through the draft. We've drafted as many kids as Carlton have over the last few years so I guess you're going nowhere either then. If your gunna troll at least get the facts right. Carlton topped up with Cloke & Ackland does this mean you are doomed? Surely you should have just used those late picks to get all that tallent that every over club has overlooked 5 times over hey? You really are a tool!

Nice, well thought out troll. Managed to take down two clubs with one stone :thumbsu:

The difference is, Richmond and Essendon can fight out their tough times instead of flying south for attention. Hawthorn likes their fans marrying relatives and their homosexuals flaming :p[/quote

Listen good.....Tasmanians in general don't barrack, love or follow Hawthorne.:mad: They are sent to our state because of some underhanded deal our slimy Premier cooked up with his buddies.:thumbsdown:
Ask anyone who they'd like to see play here and Hawthorne is the bottom of the list.

( By the way we aren't into marrying our relatives. Does it piss you off that we live a state that has been invaded by fleeing mainlanders in the past few years, all trying to escape the shit holes they had in the big island):rolleyes:

Listen good.....Tasmanians in general don't barrack, love or follow Hawthorne.:mad: They are sent to our state because of some underhanded deal our slimy Premier cooked up with his buddies.:thumbsdown:
Ask anyone who they'd like to see play here and Hawthorne is the bottom of the list.

( By the way we aren't into marrying our relatives. Does it piss you off that we live a state that has been invaded by fleeing mainlanders in the past few years, all trying to escape the shit holes they had in the big island):rolleyes:

Thanks for the $15 mil Jet Girl :D. We get a sense of being ripped off up North when essendum play - except we don't pay millions for it. Any of those games are like watching paint dry or cricket.

Courtesy of D-X, we have two words for ya darling...

225px-DXCrotchChop.jpg

Lloyd will be past it
Lucas ditto
Fletcher ditto

Amazing :rolleyes:
Don't all clubs draft basically the same amount of players each season ?

Lloyd will be past it Probably, but by then (Johns, Neagle and Gumbleton will be ready)
Lucas ditto Probably
Fletcher ditto Yes
Mal Michael will be well and truly entrenched in his retirement village ...or on his last legs
James Hird will be a fond and distant memory... Obviously
Jobe Watson will still not know how to hit a target by foot Highly unlikely
Keppler Bradley will be playing fb or chb hahahaha! Unlikely
Gumbleton has not even played a game yet but he might provide a target. Correct
The Johnsons will be confined to limited roles. Probably gone
Paddy Ryder will be required to play every position on the ground all at the same time, poor kid. Maybe, but will be a gun
Leroy Jetta will turn up once a month as was the case in his junor days of inconsistency! A lot of juniors are inconsistant
Alywn Davey is too small to play a midfield role and will be nothing more than a goalsneak. And what is wrong with that
Courtney Johns cant get a kick on the oppositions third best defender imagine when he is on the best! Kicked 2 on Presti with very poor delivery
Monfries, Winderlich and Stanton are the only hope in the midfield department. They're work horses sure but midfields of the majority of other clubs have a more scarier look to it. + Watson, Houli, Hislop, Reimers, Lonergan, Slattery but it still lacks a "Rolls Royce"

My thoughts in bold.

Essendon's main stars may be in their twilight years, but I have to give them credit for how they put a competitive side on the park after what they were last year.
At least they haven't decided to go for the easy option of tanking under the guise of the youth policy and trying to be competitive instead.

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner.
Take note of the bolded part Hawks fans. While your dud team of pretty boys was tanking games and stock piling high draft picks the Bombers were actually still trying to be competitive and not shafting their fans by taking the easy way out.
Oh but as most of you Hawks fans say, " We're rebuilding,we're rebuilding!!"
Gotta love using the rebuilding excuse when your team is stuck down the bottom of the ladder eh?

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner.
Take note of the bolded part Hawks fans. While your dud team of pretty boys was tanking games and stock piling high draft picks the Bombers were actually still trying to be competitive and not shafting their fans by taking the easy way out.
And look where that has gotten you. How competative do you think you'll be with Johns and Bradley as KPP? Seriously, whose current list would you rather be looking at as your own, Hawthorn or Essendons?

Oh but as most of you Hawks fans say, " We're rebuilding,we're rebuilding!!"
Gotta love using the rebuilding excuse when your team is stuck down the bottom of the ladder eh?
We are rebuilding and it's starting to show dividends. Apart from the first round, we have been competative in every game we've played. This is happening despite the team missing four of only seven players who have played over 100 games.

Our youngsters, which we have sufferred many humiliating losses getting experience into, are now leading the way. Can Essendon say the same thing? So what happens when Lloyd, Lucas, Hird, Michael and Fletcher retire? Do you have any confidence in the youth you have being capable of filling their shoes?

Can you seriously see yourself winning a flag with the youth you currently have on your list? All things going right, I can with the talent we have on our list at Hawthorn.

And before you go throwing the ladder in the face of Hawthorn supporters, where did you finish last season?

Won't happen.
The Bombers have to sink way, way deeper than where they are now to even come close to the last 25 years of mediocrity that's come out of Punt Rd

Essendon are gaaawn. In two years time when Lloyd, Lucas, Hird and Fletcher are pushing up dazies in the land of lore, Essendon will be as pathetic as Richmond.

Well, they will never be as gutless, spineless or totally incapable of success, but their playing list will be about as useful.

Sheedy was a great man. WAS. But FFS Essendon fans, get rid of the geriatric, whilst you still have something left.

You idiots will believe anything won't you. You think drafting a couple of quick short people will fix your midfield problems.......... OMG:D how dumb do you wanna be?

I look at Essendons list and cannot help but to see a potential Richmond happening here.

Maybe the two of you should merge. The Bombers at least have some heart, so this would be a positive for Tugger fans. And the Tuggers well they don't really bring anything to the table except for 30K odd homosexual Pavaroti wanna bees.

Must have missed the AFL press conferance that announced we where not participating in the next two drafts and where banished from trading. :D

H2F don't you have anything alse to do?
It seems that every thread you start you are bagging richmond or some other club
Have at look at Hawthorn
Look at how bad you are after tanking up for higher draft picks

No one cares about what you think

And look where that has gotten you. How competative do you think you'll be with Johns and Bradley as KPP? Seriously, whose current list would you rather be looking at as your own, Hawthorn or Essendons?

We are rebuilding and it's starting to show dividends. Apart from the first round, we have been competative in every game we've played. This is happening despite the team missing four of only seven players who have played over 100 games.

Our youngsters, which we have sufferred many humiliating losses getting experience into, are now leading the way. Can Essendon say the same thing? So what happens when Lloyd, Lucas, Hird, Michael and Fletcher retire? Do you have any confidence in the youth you have being capable of filling their shoes?

Can you seriously see yourself winning a flag with the youth you currently have on your list? All things going right, I can with the talent we have on our list at Hawthorn.

And before you go throwing the ladder in the face of Hawthorn supporters, where did you finish last season?

Mate,I have confidence in our list.
OK so they're not as decorated as Hawthorn's high draft picks but I couldn't care less as long as they are playing hard and putting in.
I'd much rather have the integrity of still trying to win games than using rebuilding as an excuse to tank it and sink to the bottom of the table ala Hawthorn.
And FYI Lloyd and Lucas both have at least another five seasons left in them so our youth will have plenty of time to develop under their leadership.
Oh and to answer your question,I would much rather have our list over Hawthorn's.
I don't care how many high draft picks you have and how much media hype your team receives, they're just not that great.
Hawthorn have no chance of winning a premiership in the next ten years. Put down the papers and stop listening to so called "experts" mate. Your team has a looooong way to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon are gaaawn. In two years time when Lloyd, Lucas, Hird and Fletcher are pushing up dazies in the land of lore, Essendon will be as pathetic as Richmond.

Well, they will never be as gutless, spineless or totally incapable of success, but their playing list will be about as useful.

Sheedy was a great man. WAS. But FFS Essendon fans, get rid of the geriatric, whilst you still have something left.

You idiots will believe anything won't you. You think drafting a couple of quick short people will fix your midfield problems.......... OMG:D how dumb do you wanna be?

I look at Essendons list and cannot help but to see a potential Richmond happening here.

Maybe the two of you should merge. The Bombers at least have some heart, so this would be a positive for Tugger fans. And the Tuggers well they don't really bring anything to the table except for 30K odd homosexual Pavaroti wanna bees.

Excuse us for not planning the fattest midfield in the competition.

Mitchell, Lewis, Hodge, Moss. Combined weight 573 kg.

Your supposed 'young talent' (an assertion based on NOTHING) is gradually being exposed for what it is: INSIPID

Fancy choosing Dowler over Pat Ryder, then accusing a team of inept succession planning. Your most promising young key forward is still yet to take more than 1 contested mark in a game.

Laughable.

Mate,I have confidence in our list.
OK so they're not as decorated as Hawthorn's high draft picks but I couldn't care less as long as they are playing hard and putting in.
So you're happy with a team of triers that won't get you to a Premiership. Good on you, mediocrity is something you'll have to get used too.

I'd much rather have the integrity of still trying to win games than using rebuilding as an excuse to tank it and sink to the bottom of the table ala Hawthorn.
Lets have a look at this tanking fallacy.

Under Judge and Schwab our recruiting was abysmal. From the 2003 list only Crawford, Hodge (very young), Mitchell(very young), Smith, Vanders, Croad, Williams (very young), Dixon, Clarke (very young), Bateman (very young), Ladson (very young) and Campbell (very young) and Osborne (very young) were deemed and have proven to be worthy of being on an AFL list.

Look at that list, in three years the Hawks have culled the dead wood and turned over two thirds of our list. And lets have a look at who we've gotten rid of.

In our forward line was Holland was on his last legs, as was Barker. We had Thompson, who also had to be our first ruck with Spida, as our depth was the youth of David Loats and Robbie Campbell.

Down back we had Rawlings, whose knees were shot, a dysfunctional Jon Hay, Nick Stone and an aging, undersized Mark Graham.

In the midfield we had triers like Adrian Cox, Brett Johnson, Lance Picciaone, Luke McCabe, Rayden Tallis, Daniel Harford, Nick Ries and Steven Greene.

Put simply, culling these underperforming or fading players off the Hawks list wasn't tanking, it was common sense. And before you say "lolzor but joo traded Rawlings, Hay and Thompson!!!11 roflacoptor!!" lets look at the facts:

How many games did Rawlings play after we "traded" him?

Thompson didn't want to be at the club, so we traded him. Do I hear you accusing Brisbane of tanking for trading Headland or Freo of tanking for trading Polak? Thommo was unhappy, so we did the right thing by the player. He's happy and the Hawks were happy, as it helped speed the rebuild.

Hay was grossly underperforming basketcase and yet North were willing to trade two first round picks for him. Which football club in their right mind wouldn't make that trade? We got Grant Birchall for Jon Hay... I mean, come on!

And FYI Lloyd and Lucas both have at least another five seasons left in them so our youth will have plenty of time to develop under their leadership.
It don't mean a thing if the youth thats meant to replace them is cr*p.

Oh and to answer your question,I would much rather have our list over Hawthorn's.
I don't care how many high draft picks you have and how much media hype your team receives, they're just not that great.
And you're basing this on what? How many Hawthorn games have you watched recently? What do you know of our younger players?

From your response, my guess is not a lot.

Hawthorn have no chance of winning a premiership in the next ten years. Put down the papers and stop listening to so called "experts" mate. Your team has a looooong way to go.
Ten years you say? So the entire list we currently have isn't going to challenge for a Premiership? Okay, sure... you know more than the "so called experts".

So you're happy with a team of triers that won't get you to a Premiership. Good on you, mediocrity is something you'll have to get used too.

Lets have a look at this tanking fallacy.

Under Judge and Schwab our recruiting was abysmal. From the 2003 list only Crawford, Hodge (very young), Mitchell(very young), Smith, Vanders, Croad, Williams (very young), Dixon, Clarke (very young), Bateman (very young), Ladson (very young) and Campbell (very young) and Osborne (very young) were deemed and have proven to be worthy of being on an AFL list.

Look at that list, in three years the Hawks have culled the dead wood and turned over two thirds of our list. And lets have a look at who we've gotten rid of.

In our forward line was Holland was on his last legs, as was Barker. We had Thompson, who also had to be our first ruck with Spida, as our depth was the youth of David Loats and Robbie Campbell.

Down back we had Rawlings, whose knees were shot, a dysfunctional Jon Hay, Nick Stone and an aging, undersized Mark Graham.

In the midfield we had triers like Adrian Cox, Brett Johnson, Lance Picciaone, Luke McCabe, Rayden Tallis, Daniel Harford, Nick Ries and Steven Greene.

Put simply, culling these underperforming or fading players off the Hawks list wasn't tanking, it was common sense. And before you say "lolzor but joo traded Rawlings, Hay and Thompson!!!11 roflacoptor!!" lets look at the facts:

How many games did Rawlings play after we "traded" him?

Thompson didn't want to be at the club, so we traded him. Do I hear you accusing Brisbane of tanking for trading Headland or Freo of tanking for trading Polak? Thommo was unhappy, so we did the right thing by the player. He's happy and the Hawks were happy, as it helped speed the rebuild.

Hay was grossly underperforming basketcase and yet North were willing to trade two first round picks for him. Which football club in their right mind wouldn't make that trade? We got Grant Birchall for Jon Hay... I mean, come on!

It don't mean a thing if the youth thats meant to replace them is cr*p.

And you're basing this on what? How many Hawthorn games have you watched recently? What do you know of our younger players?

From your response, my guess is not a lot.

Ten years you say? So the entire list we currently have isn't going to challenge for a Premiership? Okay, sure... you know more than the "so called experts".

So what you are saying is that Essendon have no chance of drafting or trading for any good key position players in the 4-5 years that we still have Lucas, Lloyd and Fletcher? Gumbleton was rated as a top three pick before last years draft. He is a key position player and he must be talented for so many people to rate him so highly in a strong draft. Ryder seems to be a good player and he will only get better.

Fletcher is playing as well as he did last year. Lucas had a great year last year so he has not improved. The main addition is Lloyd and he hasn't set the world on fire yet. We have definitely improved since last year and this improvement has come from our younger brigade.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Essendon Football Club are only two years off becoming a Richmond ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back