Unsolved The Family Murders

Remove this Banner Ad

The Who's Who List

Out of Sight - The Untold Story of Adelaide's Gay Hate Murders

The Cases of Forensic Pathologist Colin Manock

Use this thread below to lodge media, maps and photos for quick reference.

Last edited:

Does anybody here have any more recent pics of Dr Peter Leslie Millhouse from around the times of the crimes through to his demise.? I cant find anything anywhere? Only pics I've seen are of a pre-alcoholic Millhouse.

Last edited:

The person who posted it (Nemesis) probably just got him mixed up with the Zimbabwean cricketer. Without this mistake, we would never have found him.
He might have been watching an old Fast Forward clip with Margaret Bland aka Jane Turner doing a dance on the shows New Faces skit LOL
Sorry, I can't help but think of her when I hear that name, the clip cracks me up everytime I watch it..

Charlie - I’m interested if can find a few things out (if you don’t know already). Sorry for a bunch of Questions all at once....!

1. how many immunity deals were offered? How many were accepted and rejected? And of those that were accepted (eg B and LT), are these deals for life or can they be withdrawn or expire?

2. if two people are in ‘witness protection’ – why? Usually this is because of a genuine threat. These players have all bit their tongues for 40 years and are in their sixties and seventies. Where/who can there be a threat from? And if they are in witness protection because they are going to be witnesses – what are we waiting for? These two witnesses must be from within the broad circle.

3. there has been much talk about photos/films of the boys. Polaroids, snuff movie theories etc. Have any of these ever been recovered (or not)? If not, why not? One would assume a few people had them or had access to them. I know they could have been destroyed but what are the chances that a group of people were all able to keep a tight rein on all the photos and film they may have made, and shared, etc?

4. if Police suspect that other murders were also committed – is that suspicion just that, or do they believe that specific missing persons are potentially victims of BVE and the Family group?

5. do Police have any view about NM being associated with the deaths of any of the other 4 boys?

1 I will get back to you on that.
2 there are only 2 under protection and both I don’t know why . They have not given anything that can be used .
3 the only photos are talked about were in the diary. No movie has been seen or heard of.
4 the police do think there where others but don’t know who they are .
5 the police do think nm was part of the group and could have been in on Alan’s death.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

A further reflection I have is about progress - I looked up the ACC’s powers to use a star chamber and they look unlikely to be able to be used in this case. However, a Royal Commission could be used as it has coercive powers. Given the alleged perpetrators (and many of the 150+ estimated victims) are all in their sixties, seventies or more now - wouldn’t it be a thought to have a real crack at a review of the investigation and putting real pressure on surviving perpetrators, as well as giving victims a chance to speak themselves in their final years? Charlie - have you ever spoken to Stephen Ey or other family members of victims about this line of opportunity?

To call for a royal commission would not happen as it is a state case . As the murders where not committed on federal land under the constitution the state parliament has to ask for one and as they don’t want to nor were the murders carried out in more then one state they wont do it .

To call for a royal commission would not happen as it is a state case . As the murders where not committed on federal land under the constitution the state parliament has to ask for one and as they don’t want to nor were the murders carried out in more then one state they wont do it .

Hi Charlie,
my understanding is that SA can call a Royal Commission independently of any federal element. In actual fact, there is currently a review of the legislation underway right now - closing date is 9 April 2021! See Changing South Australia’s Royal Commissions Laws – YourSAy . A series of recommendations have been made to the Attorney-General already but Ann Vanstone - who is the new ICAC Commissioner. These are shown here - Review of the Royal Commissions Act 1917 - Full Report.pdf . Whatever is to become of updates to legislation, I would have thought that it would be important that coercive powers be able to be used to sustain a prosecution in a criminal or civil case of significance? In the case of the murders of these five boys, normal processes have not been successful so one would like to think that something like a Royal Commission, with coercive powers, could materially assist the investigators and, by extension, the victims and their families and friends?
You said that the state govt "doesn't want to" establish a Royal Commission into this - are you saying that it has been asked before and refused?

Last edited:
A few updates to my own earlier questions:
The "tall civilian" man seen by witnesses in company of the three vice squad officers alleged to have thrown George Duncan into the River Torrens, does not appear to have been BVE.
The third victim that night who has not been publicly named, was a prominent social worker who was married with children. His incident occurred about half an hour before the Duncan/James incident. Interestigly - he was legally represented by none other than Derrance Stevenson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I stumbled across a facebook page today under the name of "Derrance Stevenson". It's a 'community page'. It's quite a read and makes a LOT of allegations about a lot of people, who the poster has frequently named. The poster seems somewhat 'out there' and says she was a victim herself of pedophiles as a child. However, included in her names are additional members of the judiciary and a very high profile and highly skilled South Australian doctor...., plus many others. There is not much substantiation to the claims but it is quite a read. The page has been going for a number of years but has limited readership - it wouldn't surprise me if it was taken down eventually so I would suggest taking screenshots while you can if there is information you potentially want to refer back to in the future.

Does anyone know if Derrance Stevenson ever represented Neil Muir in his criminal matters? Reason being - it could suggest that in fact it was Neil Muir who went to the Legal Services Commission and spoke to Anne Shea.....

I stumbled across a facebook page today under the name of "Derrance Stevenson". It's a 'community page'. It's quite a read and makes a LOT of allegations about a lot of people, who the poster has frequently named. The poster seems somewhat 'out there' and says she was a victim herself of pedophiles as a child. However, included in her names are additional members of the judiciary and a very high profile and highly skilled South Australian doctor...., plus many others. There is not much substantiation to the claims but it is quite a read. The page has been going for a number of years but has limited readership - it wouldn't surprise me if it was taken down eventually so I would suggest taking screenshots while you can if there is information you potentially want to refer back to in the future.

Some of those pages are pretty whacky! There’s one on the family murders too - interestingly there is little nuggets of truth though sprinkled throughout including names that were still suppressed at the time they were posted

I thought the same bth18. Mr R is named, as is Manock.

But then credibility flies out the window when they say things such as Prince Charles being in Australia at the time.

Gambardella was living at 82 Vine St, Prospect. I'm not sure where his Chiropractor practice was but it was somewhere on Prospect Rd at Prospect.
A possible location of the unit is Lambert Rd, Joslin, is at number 10. Directly opposite is another set of units but these are on the western side of the road and Trevor Peters said it was on the eastern side of the road.
If I have the address right, R's residence has an unusual upstairs 'tower'.
I'm still not sure what number the house in Second Ave at St Peters was, (SJW and R lived there) or the location of the unit in Highbury.

Hi Charlie,
my understanding is that SA can call a Royal Commission independently of any federal element. In actual fact, there is currently a review of the legislation underway right now - closing date is 9 April 2021! See Changing South Australia’s Royal Commissions Laws – YourSAy . A series of recommendations have been made to the Attorney-General already but Ann Vanstone - who is the new ICAC Commissioner. These are shown here - Review of the Royal Commissions Act 1917 - Full Report.pdf . Whatever is to become of updates to legislation, I would have thought that it would be important that coercive powers be able to be used to sustain a prosecution in a criminal or civil case of significance? In the case of the murders of these five boys, normal processes have not been successful so one would like to think that something like a Royal Commission, with coercive powers, could materially assist the investigators and, by extension, the victims and their families and friends?
You said that the state govt "doesn't want to" establish a Royal Commission into this - are you saying that it has been asked before and refused?

It has been discussed but as there have been 2 inquests and the cost of a Royal commission would not happen in this case . Mom asked about one after the 1990 case and was looking into civil action but was advised against it . The cost alone would have cost us hundreds of thousands of dollars as we would need a QC and all the victims families to be onboard . At that time we had just lost dad and also helped the PS family to dig up Peter as they had a hard time accepting it was Peter’s body . His mom remembered he had a chipped tooth so we put the money up to have him dug up . I had to pay for dads funeral and as he was put with Alan I had to pay for Alan to be dug up too and had to be there when they did it . To push for one now I would think we would hit a brick wall as the cost would not be justified .

It has been discussed but as there have been 2 inquests and the cost of a Royal commission would not happen in this case . Mom asked about one after the 1990 case and was looking into civil action but was advised against it . The cost alone would have cost us hundreds of thousands of dollars as we would need a QC and all the victims families to be onboard . At that time we had just lost dad and also helped the PS family to dig up Peter as they had a hard time accepting it was Peter’s body . His mom remembered he had a chipped tooth so we put the money up to have him dug up . I had to pay for dads funeral and as he was put with Alan I had to pay for Alan to be dug up too and had to be there when they did it . To push for one now I would think we would hit a brick wall as the cost would not be justified .
Would you still like one, if there were no costs to yourselves?

Would you still like one, if there were no costs to yourselves?

2. if two people are in ‘witness protection’ – why? Usually this is because of a genuine threat. These players have all bit their tongues for 40 years and are in their sixties and seventies. Where/who can there be a threat from? And if they are in witness protection because they are going to be witnesses – what are we waiting for? These two witnesses must be from within the broad circle.

2 there are only 2 under protection and both I don’t know why . They have not given anything that can be used .
There is no one on a "witness protection" program. I'm not sure what "under protection" means? Does it mean "under a suppression order"?

Remove this Banner Ad

Unsolved The Family Murders

Remove this Banner Ad

Back