Unsolved The Family Murders

Remove this Banner Ad

The Who's Who List

Out of Sight - The Untold Story of Adelaide's Gay Hate Murders

The Cases of Forensic Pathologist Colin Manock

Use this thread below to lodge media, maps and photos for quick reference.

Last edited:

This is what I have been saying all along . Alan recognised bve and so they had to kill him . I don’t think they were trying to kill him the way they did but he was a dead man from the time they took him

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Did they?
This makes little sense to me, it assumes Alan gets into the car and is sedated so quickly that neither he, nor BVE have time to recognise each other and comment.

As ive said before, BVE was attracted to young males, i find it hard to believe he hadnt looked closely enough to the young, good looking blonde kid tending to the coke machine to have not recognised him before he stepped into the car.

And again, thats before you even consider who Alan had just spent the night before with and where that person fits in with recent events.

Did they?
This makes little sense to me, it assumes Alan gets into the car and is sedated so quickly that neither he, nor BVE have time to recognise each other and comment.

As ive said before, BVE was attracted to young males, i find it hard to believe he hadnt looked closely enough to the young, good looking blonde kid tending to the coke machine to have not recognised him before he stepped into the car.

And again, thats before you even consider who Alan had just spent the night before with and where that person fits in with recent events.

BVE probably wouldn't have even known the name of the kid who was helping restock the vending machine deliver coke, just wrote a cheque out to the company. He may or may not have noticed him but he was also driving that day with company and if reports are true as the driver, he feigned a casual indifference or disinterest until he got them in the car and they took a drink from the esky.

Alan blended in to that generation, he looked a lot like others. BVE didn't, you'd only have to see him once to recognise him again. He was 6'5'.

BVE probably wouldn't have even known the name of the kid who was helping restock the vending machine deliver coke, just wrote a cheque out to the company. He may or may not have noticed him but he was also driving that day with company and if reports are true as the driver, he feigned a casual indifference or disinterest until he got them in the car and they took a drink from the esky.

Alan blended in to that generation, he looked a lot like others. BVE didn't, you'd only have to see him once to recognise him again. He was 6'5'.

So do you think Alan having just parted company with Darko is just a coincidence too?
Dont get me wrong, Adelaide is a small place but Alan spent his last hours of freedom in the presence of a person who's linked to DS murder and just happens to end up being BVE's first murder victim.

If he'd been with any other random person id say fair enough, just wrong place at wrong time but fair dinkum.

Im not buying it and i dare say if you put these facts to a complete stranger with no prior knowledge id say theyd struggle to ignore a link too.

Ok, lets assume it was just a coincidence, DK leaves Alan on the side of Grand Junction rd, BVE rolls up, doesnt recognise Alan, Alan doesnt recognise BVE yet, Alan gets in the car, is offered a drink, still doesnt recognise BVE, passes out, is taken to a house and abused, but if were to believe he finally recognises BVE after being abused and this is when his fate is sealed,, BVE then dopes him up again in order to shove a bottle up his back passage killing him..

Im sorry, but you've got to want to believe it was that innocent for whatever reason to accept thats how it played out.

Document below is a receipt of items reviewed by police after the death of Trevor Peters. We are all aware of Trevor's diaries outlining information about a number of key suspects but what about the last item on the list. Why was he writing to Commissioner of Police about the death of George Duncan? Did he have information about Duncan's death? If so that information most probably came from the good samaritan who took Roger James to the hospital. Does anyone have any information about this document? Capture.PNG

So do you think Alan having just parted company with Darko is just a coincidence too?
Dont get me wrong, Adelaide is a small place but Alan spent his last hours of freedom in the presence of a person who's linked to DS murder and just happens to end up being BVE's first murder victim.

Not at all in fact if you read the entire thread, I was the first one to suggest that imo it probably wasn't a coincidence.

Even if Alan was set up though by Darko, would BVE have known the kid he was supposed to grab was the same kid who restocked the coke machine delivered coke? Maybe not. Remember, BVE is suspected of picking up over 150 young men.

If he'd been with any other random person id say fair enough, just wrong place at wrong time but fair dinkum.

Im not buying it and i dare say if you put these facts to a complete stranger with no prior knowledge id say theyd struggle to ignore a link too.

Ok, lets assume it was just a coincidence, DK leaves Alan on the side of Grand Junction rd, BVE rolls up, doesnt recognise Alan, Alan doesnt recognise BVE yet, Alan gets in the car, is offered a drink, still doesnt recognise BVE, passes out, is taken to a house and abused, but if were to believe he finally recognises BVE after being abused and this is when his fate is sealed,, BVE then dopes him up again in order to shove a bottle up his back passage killing him..

Im sorry, but you've got to want to believe it was that innocent for whatever reason to accept thats how it played out.

Just to let you know when Alan was still in bves car and Alan was passed out bve had put a bottle in his back passage . Read the printed part of the diary and the photos were ment to show that . Alan from 15 to 16/17 looked a different person and he only dropped off coke didn’t fill anything just picked up cheque . Dk is not connected to ds killing and there is no proof to that just dm tried to connect him to it . I do think there is a lot more to it then darko has said but ds murder who is reaching there ?

Just to let you know when Alan was still in bves car and Alan was passed out bve had put a bottle in his back passage . Read the printed part of the diary and the photos were ment to show that . Alan from 15 to 16/17 looked a different person and he only dropped off coke didn’t fill anything just picked up cheque . Dk is not connected to ds killing and there is no proof to that just dm tried to connect him to it . I do think there is a lot more to it then darko has said but ds murder who is reaching there ?

Isnt Darko and Gambardello related though, and witnesses saw Gambardello's car at DS house the night he was murdered?

Again, you've got 2 murders in a short space of time and 2 people related are said to have been around those crimes, yet there is nothing in it.

Document below is a receipt of items reviewed by police after the death of Trevor Peters. We are all aware of Trevor's diaries outlining information about a number of key suspects but what about the last item on the list. Why was he writing to Commissioner of Police about the death of George Duncan? Did he have information about Duncan's death? If so that information most probably came from the good samaritan who took Roger James to the hospital. Does anyone have any information about this document?View attachment 1048928

Don't want to derail the thread too much further ;) - but I think it's worth mentioning that there were several official 'witnesses' to the drowning or the events before and/or after (who didn't really divulge anything about concrete what they saw to the police - BVE being one of them it seems) but from what I've read and pieced together, there were quite a few unofficial witnesses (who were likely there to use the beat) who never came forward for obvious reasons. This assertion is backed up in part I think, by the police at the time appealing to the homosexual community to come and speak to them about what happened. I suspect that's because it was obvious at the time that there would have been other unknown witnesses in the area to some extent (bushes, toilet block, paths, hearing/seeing commotion across the river etc), and the police wanted to speak to them. T Peters may have been there, or he may have heard things on the grapevine or from friends who were there, or from BVE - who knows? Interesting though . . .

And just to note, I, like most or all here don't know what BVE did or didn't see that night but I think the 'Good Samaritan' tag BVE now has from the incident is unwarranted. I can't help but think it would be a label that would have been applied post 'family murders' in the press. As in, "he's the murderer now but wow by complete coincidence he was once he was a 'Good Samaritan' at the number 1 beat back in 1972."
I think there's enough circumstantial evidence around that BVE's modus operandi is sometimes at least to sort of put himself in the area, but back away from any involvement. Like a bit of an insurance policy, so he doesn't get caught out lying after the fact - Like how he told the police he knew Neil Muir to presumably cover the fact that they might find out at some point that he did indeed know him. Given he took Roger to hospital he was clearly 'there' in some capacity on the night.
But to me "Yeah, I was at the beat but I just cruised up after it all happened, saw Roger and took him to hospital" just sounds a little too convenient.
It's known that the police were trying to sort alibis for the night for themselves. And to even try to derail any investigation by trying to trick witnesses to identify officers who weren't actually there, and who had pre-arranged 'solid' alibis - so as to ultimately discredit any witnesses who were willing to talk about what they saw, if it came to court.
BVE seems like a reasonably compliant guy when it suits him - I'm sure he wouldn't have had the moral fortitude to be the only witness out of many to 3 vice squad officers murdering someone. If he had 'witnessed it', the easiest way to back out of the situation would have been to make up that type of alibi - or it could even have been put to him under pressure by the investigating police perhaps? - "so it sounds like you didn't actually see anything, you just drove up, saw Roger and took him to hospital - is that what happened? " - that sort of thing. I tend to think it's probably just an alibi BVE made up to keep him out of it all though.
He's down as an official witness though - is there more to it? Not sure - just hopefully providing some food for thought . . .

Also, if people are wondering why a sadistic murdering type like BVE would out of the blue, be a 'Good Samaritan', and take a seemingly random member of the public to hospital, it's worth taking into account BVE and Roger were old friends.
Hope this makes sense - typing quickly . . .

Last edited:
Whether or not Darko was involved in DS’s murder, he was definitely in his circle. Darko procured boys for him, and if I remember correctly, is thought to have been present when Szach was first taken to DS?

And how involved is involved? There is no indication he was there on the night is there? At worst he may have been told after the fact?

The odds of someone being closely connected to two murder victims in Alan and DS are huge on first look, but given that Darko moved around both the street kid scene and in pubs/clubs picking up boys, is it so much of a stretch to say that he could just be very, very unlucky? It seems unlikely but it is possible.

Document below is a receipt of items reviewed by police after the death of Trevor Peters. We are all aware of Trevor's diaries outlining information about a number of key suspects but what about the last item on the list. Why was he writing to Commissioner of Police about the death of George Duncan? Did he have information about Duncan's death? If so that information most probably came from the good samaritan who took Roger James to the hospital. Does anyone have any information about this document?View attachment 1048928

I read this differently to other posters. I don’t think Trevor wrote the report. I think it means he had a copy of the report and it was kept with his diaries and other notes.

The receipt doesn’t say “handwritten report” so I assumed Trevor just had a copy of the formal police report.

I read this differently to other posters. I don’t think Trevor wrote the report. I think it means he had a copy of the report and it was kept with his diaries and other notes.

The receipt doesn’t say “handwritten report” so I assumed Trevor just had a copy of the formal police report.
You could be correct Bits, but why would he have a copy of a report addressed to the commissioner of police? If this is the case maybe Trevor edited or included notes about what he thought happened. There must be a reason why police were interested in this report.

Isnt Darko and Gambardello related though, and witnesses saw Gambardello's car at DS house the night he was murdered?

Again, you've got 2 murders in a short space of time and 2 people related are said to have been around those crimes, yet there is nothing in it.

He is his godfather but as far as gambardello car being at Stevenson house that night I think you will find that’s a bit shady .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whether or not Darko was involved in DS’s murder, he was definitely in his circle. Darko procured boys for him, and if I remember correctly, is thought to have been present when Szach was first taken to DS?

And how involved is involved? There is no indication he was there on the night is there? At worst he may have been told after the fact?

The odds of someone being closely connected to two murder victims in Alan and DS are huge on first look, but given that Darko moved around both the street kid scene and in pubs/clubs picking up boys, is it so much of a stretch to say that he could just be very, very unlucky? It seems unlikely but it is possible.

I have said that there is more to what meets the eye with darko . Both preacher and I think he may have set Alan up and would love to sit him down for a little chat . That dose not change what I think happened to Alan as if darko did set him up again Alan was a dead man . The only thing that keeps me thinking is before and after Alan lots of boys were taken and were let go the next day . Only the boys that were killed were held for longer outside of Neil .

This killing spree seemed to stop abruptly, what do you think the reason for this was? And what date was the last victim murdered? (or do I have to read through 90 pages?)

This killing spree seemed to stop abruptly, what do you think the reason for this was? And what date was the last victim murdered? (or do I have to read through 90 pages?)

It was the end for them when they abducted the son of everybody's favourite channel 9 newsreader, Rob Kelvin.

Richard Kelvin was the last in mid 1983, von Einem was convicted by 1984. There's still a $1 million reward available for information on the others that were involved in it.

Last victim was Richard Kelvin who died in July 1983. Huge publicity because his dad was a well known newsreader.
Bevan Spencer von Einem was first questioned four days after Richard was found and finally arrested in November 1983. His trial was in October 1984 and he was convicted in November 1984.

Many of his suspected co-offenders were interviewed and appeared as witnesses at his trial.

He was the centre of the nasty little enterprise & it is likely that once he was arrested the others just stopped.

It's been reported over the years BVE and his crew picked up as many as 150 boys. They were drugged, taken to different houses and abused.

What about the other boys he picked up. We know when his mother was away they would be taken back to his house or other houses he rented with associates. The abuse at these houses was probably more severe as he had access to various instruments he used on the boys. But what happened to these boys when he was finished with them? He didn't want to stay with them until they woke up, he had his beat to cruise on Sunday's and then pick his mother up later in the afternoon. He couldn't leave the boys unattended as they would be able to link him to the abuse or may still be asleep when he and his mother arrived home.

- Did he put them in a taxi and send them home? Probably not as there would be a link back to him.
- Did he drive them back to their houses and dump them out the front?
- Was there another associate living North-East side of Adelaide that would accept the boys?

I cant remember police or media reports about what happened to these boys when he was finished with them or how they got home. Does anyone have any information?

From what i have read and heard in a few places about what happened to the boys after their ordeal, some boys were put in specifically called taxis to be taken home, while other boys were just put out on the street and told to find their own way home. Most of these boys never reported these crimes to the police for fear of either not being believed (remember these crimes are like something that you would see in a horror movie) or being outed as gay (remember this is the late 70's to early mid 80's where there are no anti sexuality discrimination laws in place yet to prevent gay people from being kicked out of home or fired from their jobs despite homosexuality itself being legal at the time).

So please show me the proof you have of him being there then . By the way you are the one who said his car was there

I didnt say it was there, that was suggested in the Frozen Lies program.
Whether it was there or not is irrelevant, that those two names have been mentioned in regards to two seperate murders in a short space of time cannot be dismissed.

I have a connection with Pru's family and can probably answer respectful questions here to the best of my knowledge.

I'm not comfortable with her father's headstone pics being posted here though, as he has done nothing wrong. Maybe we can refrain from posting his details as it isn't respectful or relevant.

I am not an admirer of Pru. I believe the key to the whole investigation was ignored and subsequently lost when when police incompetence resulted in the peripheral players not being pressured. They had vital information which could have resulted in convictions other than BVE. They pretty well knew it all.

I think we need to recognize that Pru's background is useless and irrelevant now, peculiar as it may have been. She is dead. Her family are all in total denial that any wrongs were done. I have no doubts that family dynamics shaped some of her life choices, but it is what it is.

I believe her involvement was much more than reports suggest, but what's the good now?

The key now is Turtur. He is alive and knows all. Why on earth is he still on the loose? Words fail me.
DropBearess I do have a question about Pru. I'm not sure how well you knew her, but do you know if she liked fishing? Strange question but may be another piece of the puzzle.

Whether it was there or not is irrelevant, that those two names have been mentioned in regards to two seperate murders in a short space of time cannot be dismissed.

That’s crap from dm and as I have said before she is nothing but a egotistical joke . She has no proof at all and as I have said I booted her out of my house

Just to let everyone know that when bve was first taken into custody his statements were he didn’t know Richard and never met him . After his defence team was handed overwhelming evidence that he was in contact with Richard he changed his story . 3 time he changed it to counter the evidence shown to him in court .

King Solomon once said in Ecclesiastes that a wise man won’t listen to the stupid people but a dumb man will . Those who listen to the stupid ones became stupid but the one listening to the wise became wise . Before you bring up frozen lies and quote it think about who she used for her information . She started it to try to get Stevenson killer off then found out he did it . In the mean time tried to put the family murders in with Stevenson murder . No one with any credibility would talk to Debbie Marshall as she is full of shit . So be wise and not dumb!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Unsolved The Family Murders

Remove this Banner Ad

Back