Unsolved The Family Murders

Remove this Banner Ad

The Who's Who List

Out of Sight - The Untold Story of Adelaide's Gay Hate Murders

The Cases of Forensic Pathologist Colin Manock

Use this thread below to lodge media, maps and photos for quick reference.

Last edited:

Alive. There will still be Principal Suspects Mr R, Dr Steve, Mr B, plus Clocker and MGL, Louis and another dozen so on the edge. Those who acted as lures also have intimate knowledge of what went on. To quote from another contributor "

In 2008, a task force was formed to specifically look at the 5 murders and not keep chasing after shadows. The Mulligan Inquiry from 2004 to 2008 looked at the abuse of children in state care and the end of the inquiry allowed a re-focus on 5 specific murders only.

Focus on 4 key suspects with varying degree of culpability.

SECONDARY SUSPECTS WERE ALSO IDENTIFIED.

The 2008 task force also had a focus on Turtur and CW (Clocker)

DECEASED

DSD - Denis St Denis hairdresser

RDB - Richard Dutton Brown the magistrate

PF - Pru Firman

SN - Sarah Novak

BG - Brian Gant

NB - Noel Brook also known as Di Di

TP - Trevor Peters of the diaries

PM - Dr. Peter Leslie Millhouse acquitted for the murder of Neil Muir
Are you saying that the Mullighan Inquiry covered the deaths of AB/NM/PS/ML/RK? None of these were stated to be 'abused in state care'. Can you provide a source for this claim?

This link gives some insight to the legislation: https://lsc.sa.gov.au/dsh/ch08s16.php I am surprised someone hasn't revealed all on an overseas internet site to bypass local jurisdiction. Especially if witnesses and non suspects were not mentioned?
Many suppressions associated with the VE cases are from the 1990 committal and are on the grounds of potential prejudice to the proper administration of justice, as such people were argued to be potential witnesses if VE was committed for trial for Barnes or Langley. Given the strong arguments advocated by the defence in 1990 and since re the inability of the court to hold an unprejudiced trial, due to the massive media coverage and the public statements by the police linking the Barnes/Langley cases to the Kelvin case, those suppressions should continue until there is no possibility of a future trial.

If someone published all the details, I believe the defence could argue that had prevented any hope of a fair, unprejudiced trial, and the case could not proceed. Surely none of us want that to happen.

Many other suppressions are for people who were underage at the time of the events about which they were giving evidence. Kids have a right to protection.

Some suppressions were lifted during the committal eg 'Mr B' had an interim suppression for a while, which was not renewed. It's likely many others (eg the proper admin of justice ones) would have been lifted if the case had gone to trial.

The Mulligan Inquiry was recently been mentioned on this forum. . The following link provides access to the final report: https://www.childprotection.sa.gov....-care-commission-of-inquiry-introducation.pdf

Of interest is the following quote from the report "Outsiders’ included paedophiles who targeted and exploited the children in State care when they absconded from their placements. The reasons given for absconding varied, and included escaping from sexual abuse at their placement and being lured by the promise of money, cigarettes, drugs, alcohol, food, shelter or clothes in return for sex. A witness said: This social group absorbed people like myself, and you would be passed around between them, and paid … they were wanting sex, I was paid for it, and everyone went their own ways

The Mulligan Inquiry was recently been mentioned on this forum. . The following link provides access to the final report: https://www.childprotection.sa.gov....-care-commission-of-inquiry-introducation.pdf

Of interest is the following quote from the report "Outsiders’ included paedophiles who targeted and exploited the children in State care when they absconded from their placements. The reasons given for absconding varied, and included escaping from sexual abuse at their placement and being lured by the promise of money, cigarettes, drugs, alcohol, food, shelter or clothes in return for sex. A witness said: This social group absorbed people like myself, and you would be passed around between them, and paid … they were wanting sex, I was paid for it, and everyone went their own ways
And it's still happening, appallingly.

Government data shows 49 people were charged with sexual offences against children in state care in the past two years.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-07...nces-against-children-in-state-care/104083772

Last edited:
There are a few but I’ll just write the ones I’ve quickly found.

Pg.45 - “In 1979 Jenny Loftes’ former fiancé, the somewhat eccentric Richard Brown…”

Pg.58 - “A week before he was murdered, Derrance told Jenny Loftes and other friends that he had had enough of the things he was involved with;”

It may just be a coincidence, she was around a circle of monsters that all interacted, but I find it odd that she didn’t know more etc. Something just seems fishy to me.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There are a few but I’ll just write the ones I’ve quickly found.

Pg.45 - “In 1979 Jenny Loftes’ former fiancé, the somewhat eccentric Richard Brown…”

Pg.58 - “A week before he was murdered, Derrance told Jenny Loftes and other friends that he had had enough of the things he was involved with;”

It may just be a coincidence, she was around a circle of monsters that all interacted, but I find it odd that she didn’t know more etc. Something just seems fishy to me.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Since reading this I have looked further into Deb Marshall's book. Your intuition is acute. Especially when I look at page 292 quote "Over the years, Jenny Loftes undertook many interviews with boys who confided to her that they woken up drugged under tables at various places and didn't know what happened" Maybe she did reveal all to the investigators at the time? What I did pick up was how central Richard Brown - Magistrate was associated with so many other notable personalities of the time ?

Since reading this I have looked further into Deb Marshall's book. Your intuition is acute. Especially when I look at page 292 quote "Over the years, Jenny Loftes undertook many interviews with boys who confided to her that they woken up drugged under tables at various places and didn't know what happened" Maybe she did reveal all to the investigators at the time? What I did pick up was how central Richard Brown - Magistrate was associated with so many other notable personalities of the time ?
Just wanted to reiterate I in no means tried to tarnish anyone’s name, I just found certain passages quite odd. Maybe she did help. Hopefully she did. Brown definitely was associated with a lot of the filth.

Just wanted to reiterate I in no means tried to tarnish anyone’s name, I just found certain passages quite odd. Maybe she did help. Hopefully she did. Brown definitely was associated with a lot of the filth.
Keep it up. It all adds to the overall knowledge this forum has provided to so many of us. There are so many suspicions and rumors around the edges that need linking and validating.

Port Adelaide Primary, but they bought the Hope Valley house in Aug 76, so he would have had a further few years before high school. They lived adjacent to Modbury South Primary [same site as Modbury High back then] but Ardtornish isn't far away.

BVE's brother was at Pulteney well before then.

Also BVE's brother was not a qualified teacher. Do you know what he was 'teaching' or assisting with at a primary school?
Interesting fact. Peter and his family lived down the road from Kastelan on Torrens, Rd before moving to Modbury.
They would have passed by his house on their way to their grandparents who lived in Queen Street, just off Addison Rd and the same street that Ronald Rozankowski lived. Also just not far from Prince St Alberton. SMALL WORLD eh. Coincidence or what.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Unsolved The Family Murders

Remove this Banner Ad

Back