Unsolved The Family Murders

Remove this Banner Ad

The Who's Who List

Out of Sight - The Untold Story of Adelaide's Gay Hate Murders

The Cases of Forensic Pathologist Colin Manock

Use this thread below to lodge media, maps and photos for quick reference.

Last edited:

"I'm Brenton Brainless and here are 20 crimes we've dug up from the past 30 years to appeal to conspiracy theorists'...
Bit like that, but I remembered there being footage of evidence and the ‘businessman’ in it - and just wanted to see what it was

Hello - Long time lurker first time poster. I was hoping to ask some of the Mods and long-time posters a couple of questions.

Firstly - what new information or leads/connections have been made on this forum? I read in one post someone saying that new light had been shed from this forum alone - could anyone point out what this might be?

Secondly - from a personal perspective, what makes you interested in this case? Is it being from SA? Growing up in this era? A sense of injustice? What motivates us/you to commit time and thinking to this particular case?

Many thanks all.

Hello - Long time lurker first time poster. I was hoping to ask some of the Mods and long-time posters a couple of questions.

Firstly - what new information or leads/connections have been made on this forum? I read in one post someone saying that new light had been shed from this forum alone - could anyone point out what this might be?

Secondly - from a personal perspective, what makes you interested in this case? Is it being from SA? Growing up in this era? A sense of injustice? What motivates us/you to commit time and thinking to this particular case?

Many thanks all.
As a lad, I worked for and old guy who was a bit dodgy. It was at a small workshop on Port Road in Woodville. One of his regular visitors was Steve Williams. The Family was all Steve ever talked about, but did discuss some Beaumont other disappearances. He was the first person I encountered actively researching the case. You could tell he had a genuine anger toward the abusers. He let slip he was abused as a child. Most of the stuff he talked about went in one ear and out the other. I simply didn't have an interest in the Family Murders at that stage in life. He did seem to have a knowledge of the case greater than what was released in the media. Although he didn't seem to keep any notes, all research was in his head.

Fast forward many years and I pick up the True Crime bug. I found myself wondering the streets of Glenelg. I was thinking Beaumont's and what Steve said about the Case. Steve dropped a name back the late 80s, a teacher. The person Steve mentioned, actually worked at the Bay Discovery Center in his retirement. I have no information on how Steve happened upon this name. But I do actively follow this line of research.

My own knowledge of the Family is very limited. I have a rough overview on how the Family operated. I've happened across two family members at their places of work. One encounter was brief, and the guy avoided eye contact. You are right, the Big Footy crime page is probably the best place to read up about the Family Murders. Luckily there are a few researchers still perusing the Family.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unsolved The Family Murders

Remove this Banner Ad

Back