The Final Ignominy

Remove this Banner Ad

Caracas....I feel for you brother. Alot of us lived the 90s and that what we unfairly do is continue to compare this team (and Laidley's era teams) to them.

Those days are over and we need to "ride it out" with this team as others have stated.

They are on a steep learning curve, and the right time and place for goading is something they'll need to learn.

(Oh yeah, thanks TOD, don't be cheering for opposition players, much worse than goading blokes bigger than you)

you do realise that the dogs are right in their preliminary final window, we are just starting on a journey back towards the top?
Of course they are bigger and stronger than us, we have a heap of kids playing. We can't just go and pick up a dozen cooneys and griffens and co.
And anyway, we are 4-5. Not that bad. Have a look at richmond. They are the laughing stock, not us.

efa.

I thought most of the picking at Hall (when already about 50points down) was pointless, and smacked of a team bereft of ideas. Niggle him by all means, to put them off their game and/or to build adrenaline & energy in the North players, but then you have to back it up with strong play around the ball.

Niggling/punching while getting flogged just looks like you're a sore loser. It did look a bit pathetic IMO.

I wrote as much Coop's on another thread...stupid antagonism and stupid retaliation.

Thomo is a better player than what we saw today. He needs to get smarter when dealing with these big forwards whose ego thrives on proving the backmen wrong...(look back to the pre season GF at Hall v Dawson and his snugness during that game)...be worth having a look back at Mick Martyn tapes who wasnt full of talent but concentrated hard on predicting the ball rather than winding up the likes of Ablett, Dunstall etctectec.

A good player that will become a lot better in the years to come is the Thomoinator!

Gaso

I may be ****ing drunk, but **** you all.

Thompson can do what the hell he wants from now on. Seriously, he is exactly what we want in a defender. He's tough, he uses the ball semi-ok, he back himself (huge plus, only other defender that does this positively is Firrito) and he's one sexy mother****er).

He niggles? who gives a ****, Archer did this. Pickett did this.

Shit, if I was 100 kgs, 190cm, and had the balls (major plus), I'd do this every single time. I'd lick my ****ing finger tips and stick it in their ear. I'd personally pull down Cooneys ass and casually place 10 kgs of grass up his arseh*le.

Further?

I'd walk up to Minson, first bounce, and casually grab his balls (no homo).

I'd walk up to Johnno and bitch slap the funnyness out of his face (homo).

But on the real, we are pretty soft around here. Barry hall is my idol and I'd bet every dollar ($6.30) that Archer, Pickett, Carey, (S)Inhisbush, Dench etc would say he's a great player and as tough as nuts.

Anyway.

PS: I'm gonna look up some pr0n, any recomendations? (I know I spelt that wrong) ((I know I splet splet wrong)) (((I know I spelt spelt spelt wrong)))..............etc.

This is as low as I've ever felt after a North supporter

Drew, Hale, McIntosh, Anthony, Adams, Urquhart were out.

Add 20 odd games and another pre-season into some off the kids who played today.

An 18 man zone was obviously not going to upset the footskills of the bulldogs.

We lost by 104 to the Saints and I wish we'd play them again in a few weeks.

Thompson can do what the hell he wants from now on. Seriously, he is exactly what we want in a defender. He's tough, he uses the ball semi-ok, he back himself (huge plus, only other defender that does this positively is Firrito) and he's one sexy mother****er).

Shit, if I was 100 kgs, 190cm, and had the balls (major plus), I'd do this every single time. I'd lick my ****ing finger tips and stick it in their ear. I'd personally pull down Cooneys ass and casually place 10 kgs of grass up his arseh*le.

Further?

But on the real, we are pretty soft around here. Barry hall is my idol and I'd bet every dollar ($6.30) that Archer, Pickett, Carey, (S)Inhisbush, Dench etc would say he's a great player and as tough as nuts.

Anyway.

PS: I'm gonna look up some pr0n, any recomendations? (I know I spelt that wrong) ((I know I splet splet wrong)) (((I know I spelt spelt spelt wrong)))..............etc.

5 star drunk posting Q. :thumbsu:

You should drink more often before jumping on BigFooty.

Cant believe the outrage over Thompson pushing Hall over while he was doing his shoelaces up. This is standard procedure for Thompson.

Hell, I remember last year against Carlton he was trying to do it to Fev and one of the Carlton players was Fev's official bodyguard trying to keep himself between Thompson and fev so he could do his shoes up. It's nothing new. It's just that Hall snapped and took a couple of swings.

The only disappointing thing from today was that Wells (who had strung together some great games this year) took a backwards step being conspicuous by his absence.

Watched the replay last night and it was nowhere near as horrific as the scoreline suggested.
At one stage we had 33 inside 50s to 22 and were down by 10 goals.
We butchered chances and the Bulldogs' precise disposal exposed our zone, allowing easy goalscoring opportunities. We just need to get more used to what Scott is implementing.
You could see the early misses sap the confidence of the players, and then when the Dogs took theirs, like the good side they are, we were like a pricked balloon.
In all seriousness, it felt more like a 5-goal loss than a 70-point one, it was just one of those days, in fact it was one of the more odd matches I have ever watched.
Don't listen to Dogs flogs saying we were given a bath...look deeper and see what actually happened, as disappointing as the final score was.
Keep the faith.

Watched the replay last night and it was nowhere near as horrific as the scoreline suggested.
We butchered chances and the Bulldogs' precise disposal exposed our zone, allowing easy goalscoring opportunities. We just need to get more used to what Scott is implementing.
You could see the early misses sap the confidence of the players, and then when the Dogs took theirs, like the good side they are, we were like a pricked balloon.
In all seriousness, it felt more like a 5-goal loss than a 70-point one, it was just one of those days, in fact it was one of the more odd matches I have ever watched.
Don't listen to Dogs flogs saying we were given a bath...look deeper and see what actually happened, as disappointing as the final score was.
Keep the faith.

:thumbsu:
Well said,

poor kicking is poor kicking, gameplan, effort, youth and fitness not the issue.

We need to kick 80% of our set shots, not 20%. 8 more goals would have given us 8 more chances to win clearences, which we did ok IMO.

Keep the faith.

My exact thoughts. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought most of the picking at Hall (when already about 50points down) was pointless, and smacked of a team bereft of ideas. Niggle him by all means, to put them off their game and/or to build adrenaline & energy in the North players, but then you have to back it up with strong play around the ball.

Niggling/punching while getting flogged just looks like you're a sore loser. It did look a bit pathetic IMO.

The niggle occurred within the same minute as our first goal for the game, didn't it? Somewhere towards the end of the second quarter.
I think it changed us up a little. Maybe it shook footscray's concentration briefly but i reckon it played a roll in our first goal - ensuring that we didn't go to half time with no goals on the board.
credit to the dogs, they got straight back into the swing, answering our goal but at least we tried to change the game.

i'd sooner our blokes try some different things to change the momentum than accept that a flogging is coming their way.

thompson's niggle was nothing more than niggle. rodney eade's description of it as a knee appears far fetched.

barry had the last laugh on thompson but i wouldn't condemn the niggle.

Just to put things into perspective, prior to yesterday:

Our 22 players had played an average of 66.4 games versus the Bulldogs at an average of 126.3.

We had 5 players with over 100 games experience versus the Bulldogs with 14 players having played over 100 games.

If you take out Boomer and Brady, our two players with the highest games experience and Akermanis and Eagleton as the Dogs with the highest tallies, our remaining 20 have played an average of 48.5 games wersus the Dogs 20 who had played an average of 109.5 games.

These are telling statistics in my view.

As I said to Ms. Horace yesterday, give our boys a couple of years and we will be delivering the lesson to them. Just you wait and see.

Niggling/punching while getting flogged just looks like you're a sore loser. It did look a bit pathetic IMO.[/QUOTE]
I have a very different view. In my opinion flying the flag in one form or another is crucial. If our boys don't try something then, and only then might we be seen as "pathetic".

part of the game, get over it hall and anyone on his side.

great stuff thommo.

if anyone on this post would have "responded" like barry hall to that constant niggling - ie, with violence - then you also need to grow up and remember we live in a society where thankfully it's not right and not on to punch-on because you're angry or annoyed.

hall needs help. he shouldn't be playing - it's only a matter of time before he breaks someones jaw or worse.

Finally - would any of those posters so anti-thommo be as annoyed and inflamed if it were in a final and we won by a goal? and let's say that goal was from a few consecutive 50m penalties because hall couldn't respond without violence? i think not.

What are you on about?

The whole Thompson/Hall thing was the highlight of the night. It was hilarious!

My love for Scotty T has gone up 10 fold. Great stuff.

Spot on.
I am proud of Thommo and will say it to him next time I see him at training or club function.
We know what his game is based on, but doing it to Hall of all people would have taken some balls. Let's not forget that.

Keep the faith.

Agreed, and it was amazing listening to MMM on the way home after the game, where Frawley and co were saying the margin flattered us. I couldn't believe it! There were some school boy errors on our part, don't worry about that. But there were also plenty of chances that we simply didn't take.

Further?

Anyway.

CQ's in the running for POTY with this gem :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

This is as low as I've ever felt after a North supporter and it's not because we lost. To see about half our team pathetically chasing after a bigger, stronger footballer was hard to watch as it can get. Well gone are the days of Mickey Martin throwing James Hird around like a drag doll. Today, we are officially the laughing stock of the competition. What a shameful episode. I couldn't help but cheer for Barry Hall. Hopefully, we have reached the bottom of the barrel and it's all up from here. Sorry, but it had to be said. It was just awful. How the mighty have fallen.

The only redeeming feature of this post IMO.

Brad is still mixing the yeast and flour. I mean he hasn't even pre-heated the oven.

Saturday was a great day for our club. Our boys definately know they need to learn how to kick into the forward line and our forwards will practice how to kick through the ball and between the two big sticks.:thumbsu:

Agreed, and it was amazing listening to MMM on the way home after the game, where Frawley and co were saying the margin flattered us. I couldn't believe it! There were some school boy errors on our part, don't worry about that. But there were also plenty of chances that we simply didn't take.

If SPud really thinks that, then he is well and truly living up to his name.
I couldn't watch the game live and toyed with not watching the replay given the result.
But I decided to and it was nowhere near as bad as I feared.
Good learning curve for the boys IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Final Ignominy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back