The Fish is cooked

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Originally posted by redback
I think they will redraft Alessio on a lesser salary or wasnt he eligible for the veterans list anyway.

Not completely sure about the exact structure of the Veterans Rule myself. Perhaps there is only a certain number of players allowed on the list and Essendon understandably would rather have Hird then Alessio on the list.

But there's probably a better explanation in that regard.

an injury free henneman might prove a few headaches you know. the kid has a pretty damn good leap, all he has to do is make a contest. he can take a grab too. a handy target around the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by redback
Thats even better then we can wack Alessio on the veterans list pay him bugger all.
Are you able to put someone on the veterans list if they have been delisted? Did Essendon delist Alessio knowing that Salmon was going to retire, or did this come as a suprise. Essendon will need back up for Hille, or they could be in danger of missing the finals in 2003.

In those immortal words 'I tipped this'

Ha ha ha ha ha. Maybe fish thought they were taking liberties in not trying harder for a ruckman in the trading.

Essendon are stuffed - how keen is alessio going to be after being sacked - or maybe barnesey can make a comeback

one more time

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Originally posted by windyhill
16 flags, I think we`ll cope, seen four how many for you son ? As sure as night follows day Essendon will be back it`s our culture, quite prepared for one or two down years

3 I think - only emigrated here in 1988 - your original bandwagoner.

Mind you I supported Huddersfield town and Newcastle united in the UK so I've already done my 'down' time

So Essendon have to carry Salmon on the list for next year then? You think they would have told him to make up his mind before the delisting deadline.

When was the last time Hawthorn finished above Essendon anyway? Been an awfully long time.

Not 2002 - 5th compared to 10th.

Not 2001 - 2nd compared to 4th.

Not 2000 - 1st compared to 6th

Not 1999 - 3rd compared to 9th

Not 1998 - 8th compared to 13th

Not 1997 - 14th compared to 15th (that was your big chance)

Not 1996 - 4th compared to 8th

Not 1995 - 5th compared to 15th

Yes, it was way back in 1994. It will take a hell of a lot for a club like us to fall below Hawthorn. You can be as sure as Brisbane making the finals of Essendon finishing above Hawthorn.

8 years and counting.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Fish is cooked

Remove this Banner Ad

Back