The footy show

Remove this Banner Ad

play on

Club Legend
Mar 2, 2001
The footy show returns tommorow night 9.30 Melbourne time. Will anyone be watching? I will be as I will have nothing better to do. But the main reason will be to see our great president sir eddie talk about what a great year we will have. That will be the highlight of my night.

-----------------------
Play on says the umpire
-----------------------

I hope it's not the same old, same old, they really need to inject some new stuff into that show.

I know a few of you will think 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it' - but I really think after 8 (or how many) years it's been going for it's getting a little stale.

Malibu, I agree with you, they need to liven things up just a little. And who knows, maybe they will, I'll be watching just in case they do. lol

------------------
*the one and only lioness*

Originally posted by Malibu:

...it's getting a little stale.

A little stale!

It has been stale for years! It is now covered in mould!
biggrin.gif

------------------
TigerFury.net - Independant Richmond Tigers website

yeah- it should be good to see Trev do some new collingwood gags- apart from that the show is crap, and McGuire is an unbearable pratt who will no doubt be preening himself over the tv rights win again.

yeah.....but yous will watching LOL...LOL

GO EDDIE!!!

------------------
There is nothing in life greater,than to be a supporter or our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white,for we are THE ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.

No doubt it will be the usual yawn-fest punctuated only by some gags from Trev. I might flick over in the last few minutes to see the Hawthorn side for the weekend but apart from that I'd rather watch the goldfish on Ch31.

------------------
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye .)

Originally posted by JUBJUB:
What are the 3 things that Eddie will crap on about on Thursday?
1 TV rights
2 his little Rugrat
3 Farkin Collingwood again and again and again and again and again and again.......

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Or maybe they'll get pigs arse on for the billionth time and have a little carlton- collingwood "jump in the sack together" session again.

"I agree with you John"- "yes Eddie, I agree with you too"- "well its agreed then John"- "yes Eddie its agreed"
rolleyes.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Arch:
Or maybe they'll get pigs arse on for the billionth time and have a little carlton- collingwood "jump in the sack together" session again.

"I agree with you John"- "yes Eddie, I agree with you too"- "well its agreed then John"- "yes Eddie its agreed"
rolleyes.gif

ARCH
Eddie and Big Jack are like the cartoon characters CHIP & DALE
biggrin.gif

"Oh no you go first"
"Oh no after you"
rolleyes.gif

------------------
"Hey ,just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand"

I heard a rumour that they'll be crossing to the Fitzroy Team Of The Century night.

If that's the case, then this might be one of about four episodes of the Footy Show, that I've watched in about the last four years!

------------------
Hallowed be thy Roy

I don't mind the Footy Show, but it needs some freshness. I feel next year when Ch9 actually take over from Ch7 it will have more footy content.

What I do really like is the Rugby League Footy Show, later in the evening because it is more player and footy oriented (spellcheck pls.)
(Please Mr.Ripper don't rip into me on this one, its just my preference and something the AFL one in Melbourne could look at)
Cheers
GO DEMONS
GO STORM

Most of us love to criticise The Footy Show over Eddie's Collingwood bias but the reality is that most of us will still watch the show and enjoy it.

While Eddie does go on about Collingwood so much, it is also gives the likes of Trev the chance to have a few jokes on them which pretty much evens up the equation.

Not sure if it is true but I was told from a friend that Malcolm Blight is the special guest on the show this week. After years of trying to get him on the show, including the funny Get Blighty segments, he is finally appearing. I guess that has something to do with coaching a club where every bit of positive publicity possible goes a long way towards promoting the club and selling memberships.

------------------
Fortius Quo Fidelius

Ill watch it but im waiting for Basils Footy Show to come back.
smile.gif

------------------
All the people in the broken homes dont wanna fight no more. All the people nursing shattered bones dont wanna fight no more. But theres no profit in peace so we gotta fight some more.

What? Mr.Ripper do you know something about Mogrel Punt not returning this year???

God NOOO!!! No Knuckles interviewing Hudson with the immortal "soft freaking ****"??

Thats the worst news ive heard since Lance Link got cancelled!

Its not on in Sydney untill well past midnight on Thiursday, so I never get to watch it.

Doesn't sound like I'm missing terribly much though.

I never had a high opinion of footy humour / lite entertainment-type shows anyway. They are all dumb and stupid and not funny and even can be mildly offensive at times.

The Rugby - League Footy Show fills the latter category perfectly.

I'll stick to Channel 2 tonight thanks - I'd rather Quantum, The Arts Show and the Thursday night documentary to this rubbish anyday.

cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

The footy show

Remove this Banner Ad

Back