The funnest way to beat the Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon we jump out to a lazy 8 or 9 goal lead early, let Collingwood slowly eat away at the deficit before hitting the front with less than 30 seconds to play, but then get penalised for having too many in the square. Jamie Charman then gets a 50 metre penalty because of Nathan Buckley gobbing off to the ump (which is broadcast loud and clear on channel 9) and kicks truly from 30 out, simultaneously winning us the game and muting Eddie.

How does everyone else reckon we should do it?

Originally posted by Jethro Q Walrustitty
I reckon we jump out to a lazy 8 or 9 goal lead early, let Collingwood slowly eat away at the deficit before hitting the front with less than 30 seconds to play, but then get penalised for having too many in the square. Jamie Charman then gets a 50 metre penalty because of Nathan Buckley gobbing off to the ump (which is broadcast loud and clear on channel 9) and kicks truly from 30 out, simultaneously winning us the game and muting Eddie.

How does everyone else reckon we should do it?

I'd prefer just let Vossy kick another 7, with Browny nailing Burns at the first bounce and Burns not playing the rest of the match. Copeland to keep Buckley to 15 touches, Aker to run riot, Lynch to stamp his authority at full-forward. Brennan to emulate his first effort against this mob and Black to compile another 40 touch game... Oh and Eddie to have a dose of food-poisoning and not commentate, so when I watch it on replay, I won't have to listen to whinge about us and the salary cap AGAIN!!!

Am I asking for too much? :D :D ;)

Originally posted by Jethro Q Walrustitty
I reckon we jump out to a lazy 8 or 9 goal lead early, let Collingwood slowly eat away at the deficit before hitting the front with less than 30 seconds to play, but then get penalised for having too many in the square. Jamie Charman then gets a 50 metre penalty because of Nathan Buckley gobbing off to the ump (which is broadcast loud and clear on channel 9) and kicks truly from 30 out, simultaneously winning us the game and muting Eddie. How does everyone else reckon we should do it?

I'd prefer us not to get ahead of ourselves. The game is not won until the final siren sounds and even then an after the siren free kick can be paid. So lets us Lions supporters be humble in our success and not get down to the level of those tooth less, moccasin clad, illiterates from Eddyland.
Let.s win the game first. I hate our supporters having egg on face, especially with Mr Edd's intellectual army.

You'll win by ten goals.

Not that I'm jumping off the bandwagon - just that we're nowhere near our straps yet - granted, neither are the Lions - but we're so far behind in our preprations (for whatever reasons, and its not an excuse) it's not funny.

Any win, 10 goals or 10 points is a 'fun' way to beat the pies! I must admit though, a 50 point GF drubbing was my favourite closely followed by the 8 straight goals in the first quarter effort at the same ground last year!

May I post in your forum?

I like this fun scenario:

The Brisbane doctor loses the painkillers, ruling out half the squad. Akermanis is locked inside the hyperbaric chamber and misses the match too. The relative pressure imbalance leads to his swollen head imploding-this fails to affect him in any way except rendering him silent.

Jonathon Brown is towelled yet again by Jason Cloke, and chucks a hissy fit, beheading all his Barbie dolls (his poor dad has to repair them...yet again). Voss is flogged by a first year rookie with an enormous bum, McKee dominates the ruck (well, relatively speaking), Lynch misses vital shots at goal and the Pies win a dazzling contest.

Hey a guy can dream can't he? Anyway, that last bit is pretty much what happened in 2002 at Docklands...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Mr Ripper
The thread was funnest, not funniest. Eat more carrots, Luthors! :p

Whilst not being able to bring myself to gorge on the said vegetable, I HAVE taken the opportunity to have the local optemetrist check out ny eyesight and you know, by golly you're right......it WAS " funnest"

Based on the premise that JQW didn't actually commiit a grevious typo, I have deferred to your in-"sight"- fulness and have amended my original post accordingly.

Happy now?;)

Is it Collingwood's turn to provide the oranges for 3/4 time?

That would be a major contribution to the game.

A Cole "head drop" caused by Lynch's footsteps resulting in the first Brisbane goal. A Shaw "fumble" leading to Brisbane's second a minute later.

I reckon there would be a queue of Lions waiting to have a little to say to both of 'em.

Another Richard Hadley "special" would be nice too.

Finally (if Whitey be fit), an "old & the new show" with White and Brennan doing a bit of razzle-dazzle.

Cheers,

Fatty

Be careful

It never pays to get ahead of yourself as it comes back and bites you where it hurts. If everything is equal you guys should win by 10 goals but the pies still have a fair idea on how to play this game. Also Robert Copeland's head was that big after last years grand final he will be lucky to fit onto the gabba, he done a great job on Buckley but one game doesn't make you the best thing since slice bread.

Re: Be careful

Originally posted by Presti
It never pays to get ahead of yourself as it comes back and bites you where it hurts. If everything is equal you guys should win by 10 goals but the pies still have a fair idea on how to play this game. Also Robert Copeland's head was that big after last years grand final he will be lucky to fit onto the gabba, he done a great job on Buckley but one game doesn't make you the best thing since slice bread.

Take it easy Presti.

Getting ahead of ourselves? Hell it's more like a poking fun while we can! If you think any Lions supporter thinks this weeks game (or any weeks game) is a shoe in for a win, then you aren't dealing with reality.

Maybe it's the long term effects of being a Fitzroy or Bears supporter, or maybe it's just the take nothing for granted lifestyle of the supporter base, the relaxed sunny days in Qld, the embracing of the merged club in Melbourne, whatever it might be........it's not arrogance or expectation or presumption. It's just hope, fun and laughs, till the first bounce. Whadda ya want us to do? Sit here and say.....'Well we've beat em in 2 GF's, we beat em in the last GF rematch at the Gabba, we beat em in the federation round a the G, we lost to em in the QF final but that's cause the AFL made the c/squad sit in the wrong seats..........we better start shaking in our boots about the 2nd GF rematch at the Gabba"????

As for Mr Copeland...........I wish we could bottle whatever it was he was saying to Bucks on GF day........he'd make a fortune selling it to opposition players.........cause if nothing else, it worked!

Settle

Well that was not a bad reply, I agree you can stick it in as much as you want. I must admit these two teams build the blood up when they play and lets hope we get a ripper on thursday. As I have stated the lions by 45-60 points and I will take it on the chin and we can look forward to the next encounter. Good luck.

Presti

Re: Settle

Originally posted by Presti
Well that was not a bad reply, I agree you can stick it in as much as you want. I must admit these two teams build the blood up when they play and lets hope we get a ripper on thursday. As I have stated the lions by 45-60 points and I will take it on the chin and we can look forward to the next encounter. Good luck.

Presti
Hang on Presti. You can't come on here and have a reasoned, intelligent, educated opinion. Are you sure you are Collingwood supporter? If you are, you are following the wrong team. Come on over to the sunny side of the street. Surely you have been brainwashed in your childhood and have the dark side chosen for you.
Ahhhh following the Lions is beautiful one day and perfect the next........

:rolleyes:

I think I've seen 90% of Collingwood supporters comment that Brisbane will win.

Firstly, does that mean 90% of Collingwood supporters have a 'reasoned, intelligent, educated opinion', or does it just sound good when someone says Brisbane will thrash Collingwood? In regards to the former, if so, that would be in complete contradiction to the thoughts of many 'educated' and 'reasoned' people around Bigfooty.

Now, I believe Brisbane will win, but please...don't base my (or any other Collingwood supporter's) intelligence on that fact. Only a fool would do so.

Good luck for the game.

I'd rather see Brisbane and Collingwood for that matter, play there best, rather then just getting out to a big lead and then defend for the rest of the game, go out there and play it out and win it by whatever margin it happens to be at the final siren. I hope the game turns out to be a good one like the 2002 Grand Final, where both teams gave it there all, and make it one to remember. Our first halves this season have been woeful, and could prove to be our downfall tomorrow. Good luck for tomorrow night, not that you guys really need it.

Remove this Banner Ad

The funnest way to beat the Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back