Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit of mismanagement too of late IMO

Bad luck only really started with the cut though, he's had a pretty good run of activity, no judging issues, no injuries. Am I forgetting something along the way?
Yeah the cut but I mean dogs like Charlo pulling out of the fight twice then jumping divisions then Thurman pulling put also. Can't blame Charlo for taking the pay day but he still dodged him.

Yeah the cut but I mean dogs like Charlo pulling out of the fight twice then jumping divisions then Thurman pulling put also. Can't blame Charlo for taking the pay day but he still dodged him.
Yeah Charlo ducking a bit of bad luck but they must have known for ages he would and planned accordingly
Thurman pulling out still had him in an unification bout but the cut was unlucky, you don't see many elbow cuts

Where the mismanagement popped up was not securing that NC from the cut. Easy to do
Not waiting for the rematch
Not waiting for the cut to heal
Chasing the wrong fight that left them out in the lurch when it goes bad

Very unlucky to get to that point initially but very poorly orchestrated as well

Keith Thurman pulled out with a fake injury - the Fundora fight was planned all along. PBC and Al Haymon don't like Terence Crawford (This is what its all about) Mayweather secretly jealous of Bud. Tszyu needs to sack his manager. Always put a rematch clause in the contract.

Wilder v Zhang has the chance to look like a 12 round Ngannou/Lewis. Both so inactive in fights relying on one shot. Cant take your eyes off in case they do actually do something but this could be an awful fight

Wilder v Zhang has the chance to look like a 12 round Ngannou/Lewis. Both so inactive in fights relying on one shot. Cant take your eyes off in case they do actually do something but this could be an awful fight

You were right early on, shit fight, Zhang got it done. Wilder cooked, time to retire, say what you will about him but I loved watching him, was in plenty of great blues

You were right early on, shit fight, Zhang got it done. Wilder cooked, time to retire, say what you will about him but I loved watching him, was in plenty of great blues
Wilder had no right winning and defending a world title 10x. Couldnt box apples but took his career to the top and made millions. Good on him but definitely hang them up

His 2nd best win sure hasnt aged well nor the Ngannou or Wallin fights...

I think the Fury that fought Wilder the 2nd time would have beaten every other HW but he was so inactive and chose poor fights we didnt see that guy long.
Wilder was extremely poor that night probably made him look better then it was

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's a bit recency bias. Fury demolished him, looked incredible and made Wilder look bad imo.

Obviously the wins don't look quite as good now but that 1 fight in particular Fury was very good

Fury got knocked down 4 times against a guy that Parker and Zhang beat with ease.. the theory was always Wilder runs through the rest of the division... no you could say Fury was lucky he was the first decent guy to have a crack at him.

Fury got knocked down 4 times against a guy that Parker and Zhang beat with ease.. the theory was always Wilder runs through the rest of the division... no you could say Fury was lucky he was the first decent guy to have a crack at him.
I think Wilder was diminished and lost his killer instinct when he fought them tbh.

Wilder much more aggressive v Fury, he barely threw against the other 2. That 2nd fight was a demolition by Fury

I think Wilder was diminished and lost his killer instinct when he fought them tbh.

Wilder much more aggressive v Fury, he barely threw against the other 2. That 2nd fight was a demolition by Fury

Yea but it's hard to 100% be convinced of that when Wilder didn't beat a top heavyweight prior to Fury..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back