Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Dominated? I don't think anyone dominated anyone. Dominating rounds is like what pac did to margarito.Not a cut or bruise on either except for mannys tongue. First 3 rounds could have gone either way. Anyway the rematch will be huge and I don't think either of them
Will want to risk going to the judges , should be good.

Watch the fight 3 times now. Pac really did beat him. Half of Tim's punches were right in the gloves of Pac.

The first 3 were close but Pac still won them. Maybe Tim got the 2nd, but thats it.

Wow Ortiz quit on his stool today at the end of the 8th from a broken jaw. So his fight with Alvarez is ****ed. I think it's good for boxing when things don't go by the script. Maybe there will be a question over Ortiz's heart and guts cause this is the second time he's quit.

Wow Ortiz quit on his stool today at the end of the 8th from a broken jaw. So his fight with Alvarez is ******. I think it's good for boxing when things don't go by the script. Maybe there will be a question over Ortiz's heart and guts cause this is the second time he's quit.

lol Ortiz.

yeah Ortiz has always been mentally weak. Not saying I'd be able to fight with a broken jaw (if it's really broken), but once a quitter, always a quitter. it's in your mental makeup. quitting against Maidana will haunt him forever. don't forget that he pretty much quit against Mayweather too. don't rate Ortiz at all

just watched the fight and yeah, it was probably a legit broken jaw.

at the end of that last round, he got a little confidence boost and came forward throwing combinations, but after he got caught a couple of times in the exchange, he backed away a little. Lopez motioned, "come at me", but Ortiz retreated. That's where he was ready to quit IMO. he told the ref his jaw was broken and that he basically couldn't continue. corner didn't stop it, he did.

also i had it 86-85 Lopez at the time of the stoppage

Anybody else find this absolutely hilarious?

'Mundine has what it takes to beat Floyd Mayweather'

Interesting that Wealth TV has produced a countdown show as well for Choc. He should destroy McKart, hopefully it will lead to bigger fights after but at 37 i think he's left his run too late.

Anybody else find this absolutely hilarious?

'Mundine has what it takes to beat Floyd Mayweather'

Interesting that Wealth TV has produced a countdown show as well for Choc. He should destroy McKart, hopefully it will lead to bigger fights after but at 37 i think he's left his run too late.

wow i thought that Mundine would've given it up by now. He can't take a punch, and his offence suffers because of it as he's afraid to open up. I don't know anything about this McKart guy but wouldn't be surprised if he knocked Mundine out.

Mayweather comment was surely put in there for the lulz

Kell Brook v Carson Jones was an awesome fight. The first five rounds were won by Brook easy and then Jones came back and won the next four and then it was a brawl for the last three. Brook did more than enough though. No knockdowns but both guys were in trouble at times.

Can't believe one guy called it a draw though. Glad Brook got the split decision.

Hi folks,

I'm hoping to attend tomorrow night's fights at the Melbourne Pavilion center. Does anyone know if there will be tickets at the door?

Dunno. Always hard trying to get info re tickets at the Pavilion.

You can call Barry direct 0413 654 999 or Sue 0410 506 435

Or North Melbourne boxing and Fitness might have some 9328 8815

I think they like you to pre purchase. They never advertise walk up as far as I know

Dunno. Always hard trying to get info re tickets at the Pavilion.

You can call Barry direct 0413 654 999 or Sue 0410 506 435

Or North Melbourne boxing and Fitness might have some 9328 8815

I think they like you to pre purchase. They never advertise walk up as far as I know
Cheers for the help, mate.

I'm not a huge fan of the setup they have there. Limited viewing for general admission, with pillars and railings from framework in the way.

Limited seating also an issue.

Still enjoyed myself, but will think twice about going to that venue again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lauryn Eagle dominated her Taiwanese opponent Friday night (previously holding a perfect 9-0 record). She proved far too quick for her. Hopefully she goes on to have a successful Boxing career. She has already turned eyes as a Miss Teen Australia and a water skiing champion.
lauryn_eagles.jpg

Hey all. I was thinking about joining a gym where I can learn the craft. My grandpa did a bit of boxing back in the day and ever since I was a little kid I've always wanted to give it a go, but never went ahead with it.

Do any of you know where a 23 year old could go to burn off some stress on the bags and maybe even spar a few times in Adelaide? Or is there no point in trying if I don't have much time to do it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back