Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Goodman on tonight, risky for him to take on an unbeaten fighter with an Inoue fight on the horizon, maybe he wants to lose and avoid Inoue ha ha

I expect Liam Wilson to outclass Dib and probably at least drop him at some point, Hall gets knocked out in the first round, chin appears rooted.

Look out for Billy Polkinghorne on the undercard, haven't seen him fight but he had a great amateur career I believe, second pro fight or thereabouts.

Sam Goodman on tonight, risky for him to take on an unbeaten fighter with an Inoue fight on the horizon, maybe he wants to lose and avoid Inoue ha ha

I expect Liam Wilson to outclass Dib and probably at least drop him at some point, Hall gets knocked out in the first round, chin appears rooted.

Look out for Billy Polkinghorne on the undercard, haven't seen him fight but he had a great amateur career I believe, second pro fight or thereabouts.
Everything about tonights main event is dumb. They wanted Inoue then needlessly do this fight against a guy no one has heard of and hide it on PPV so no ones watching anyway. Build his profile if Inoue is next (i dont believe it is) as when that fight happens I guarantee all our sport mates but not boxing fans are going to ask us "who is this Goodman kid?". If people dont know him they wont buy the Inoue PPV either...

Any word on the Taylor/Rolly rumour?

Everything about tonights main event is dumb. They wanted Inoue then needlessly do this fight against a guy no one has heard of and hide it on PPV so no ones watching anyway. Build his profile if Inoue is next (i dont believe it is) as when that fight happens I guarantee all our sport mates but not boxing fans are going to ask us "who is this Goodman kid?". If people dont know him they wont buy the Inoue PPV either...

Any word on the Taylor/Rolly rumour?

Asked the trainer this morning and they still say it's on, not sure if the contract has actually been signed or not, they've started camp and everything, they're preparing to be on the card that's for sure.

And what makes you think Inoue won't happen? Seems to be all I've heard, he's the mandatory for at least one belt I thought? Who knows, Inoue may vacate anyway, seems to want to outdo Pacquiao

And that's probably a good thing. Especially when he is looking to move on to someone as good as Inoue.

Looking forward to the action tonight. Fingers crossed for a clean river.

May the best men win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Asked the trainer this morning and they still say it's on, not sure if the contract has actually been signed or not, they've started camp and everything, they're preparing to be on the card that's for sure.

And what makes you think Inoue won't happen? Seems to be all I've heard, he's the mandatory for at least one belt I thought? Who knows, Inoue may vacate anyway, seems to want to outdo Pacquiao
This was for the rumoured Tim card right? His opponent confirmed?

Inoue will fight bigger names now. If the fight was easy to make, ie happen now then Inoue could have collected an easy cheque but he'll get saudi $ to do something else. Especially if Goodman gets an injury that requires even small time off. Hes not a big enough name or purse to wait around for. I think NL blew their chance tbh

And that's probably a good thing. Especially when he is looking to move on to someone as good as Inoue.

Looking forward to the action tonight. Fingers crossed for a clean river.

May the best men win.

Well yeah for me as a fan it's a good thing for sure, for him as a business not sure. Then again if he can't beat this fella handily he's got no business being in a ring with Inoue, I guess that's the thinking too.

This was for the rumoured Tim card right? His opponent confirmed?

Inoue will fight bigger names now. If the fight was easy to make, ie happen now then Inoue could have collected an easy cheque but he'll get saudi $ to do something else. Especially if Goodman gets an injury that requires even small time off. Hes not a big enough name or purse to wait around for. I think NL blew their chance tbh

Nah they don't seem to know who the opponent is yet, makes me think the whole card is not even 100% confirmed, September isn't far away, I guess our boy has to prepare like it's going to happen though.

And yeah a medical suspension could cause some issues for Sam, not known as a big puncher so it's likely going the distance. And even if he's mandatory, well boxers of Inoue's class will miss a mandatory to face a bigger name, or he might even go up in weight. I felt they should have waited for him if they really wanted that fight, got to take it when you have the chance.

Well yeah for me as a fan it's a good thing for sure, for him as a business not sure. Then again if he can't beat this fella handily he's got no business being in a ring with Inoue, I guess that's the thinking too.

Nah they don't seem to know who the opponent is yet, makes me think the whole card is not even 100% confirmed, September isn't far away, I guess our boy has to prepare like it's going to happen though.

And yeah a medical suspension could cause some issues for Sam, not known as a big puncher so it's likely going the distance. And even if he's mandatory, well boxers of Inoue's class will miss a mandatory to face a bigger name, or he might even go up in weight. I felt they should have waited for him if they really wanted that fight, got to take it when you have the chance.
Tim is in Thailand for training camp so hes fighting somebody in September but makes me think that world title claim might not be a thing

People are vastly overrating mandatory titles. William scull is mandatory for canelo, does anyone think that fight will happen? The sanctioning body is unlikely to strip Inoue if he moves on, he makes them money. This fight is completely needless tonight. Doesnt even build the hypithetical Inoue fight as no one will see it

I really like him as an announcer so im glad hes doing our cards still. Just thought he'd quit

WOULD SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE, MAKE SOME NOISE. * throws cards in the air

I met him and got photos after Kambosos v Haney 2, he was awesome ha ha, good bloke.

How’s the backstory of this bloke in the man bun fighting now, fought Joshua amongst others in his amateur career, worked for Don Perrottet and decides to turn pro in his late 30s, what a legend!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back