Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

1723066000508.png

Turki is right Canelo is cherry picking guys on the up instead of genuine threats... 100% dodging Benavidez and the Bivol rematch but he definitely isn't dodging Crawford, that fight does nothing for Canelo, Crawford is too small for 168.

Canelo not licking his ass like alot of boxers and promoters shows some backbone though.

View attachment 2071803

Turki is right Canelo is cherry picking guys on the up instead of genuine threats... 100% dodging Benavidez and the Bivol rematch but he definitely isn't dodging Crawford, that fight does nothing for Canelo, Crawford is too small for 168.

Canelo not licking his ass like alot of boxers and promoters shows some backbone though.

Weight is the only issue with that one, Crawford is a great boxer and still has his 0, that name would earn Canelo a lot of dough.

Turki is extremely good for boxing.. the best will no longer keep that 0 unless they are genuinely the best.

Fair play to him, he's put on some great fights already and he's getting Beterbiev v Bivol to happen which is awesome.

Turki is extremely good for boxing.. the best will no longer keep that 0 unless they are genuinely the best.
This is slowly dying already. The shows make no money, and while he has infinite, nobody likes taking a loss

Opetaia fighting Massey (why not Zurdo, CBS, Masternak etc)
Shakur fighting Cordina (why not a 135er at least. Bizarre matchup)
Eubank fighting Szeremeta (Eubank rumoured with everyone but fights taxi drivers consistently)

He's also getting too big for his own pants. Thinks because he was born with money everyone needs to kiss his ass. It'll grow tiresome quickly in a game with big egos...

Tszyu on for September, great get for him. Haven't seen Murtazaliev fight but he's undefeated with plenty of KOs. burge13 I think you called this a while ago?

Joel Taylor still going to be on the card, there were rumours Rolly Romero would be coming out but don't believe so now, it's likely to be a sparring partner of Bakhram.
Murtazaliev looks tough, sharp and hard hitting. I'm not missing this fight. Should be a cracker.
I'm tipping Tim probably still lands the bomb that gets it done. Interesting one.

Yes decent card but I'm not paying 70 bucks for it, ridiculous. The only way they'll sell PPVs is by putting on retired league players I'd reckon.
No way they are profiting & as I said on sherdog I'm at a point with No Limit that I hope Tim starts losing so they disappear. These cards should be free, and will be if the right sites bother to put them up

We have more world class fighters than ever with all of them hidden behind paywalls. PPV/subscription shit is driving me insane

Bivol/Beterbiev card is PPV on DAZN headlined by Shakur and then you need to switch over to ESPN+ to watch the main event. No idea how it will look here as we don't have ESPN+ but that is complete and utter madness, cards split between subscription providers now!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The saddest part for example is we saw Liam Wilsons title fight with Nav & Valdez on Kayo via Top Rank but his No Limit fights are PPV. How are we better off as fans when our fighters go overseas than if they fight at home?!

Yeah I really really want to follow Australian boxing but these bullshit PPV prices make it extremely difficult. Hopefully can find a way to watch tomorrow.

If they made it 19.95 they'd probably make more money to be honest and get more exposure for the fighters.... 69.95 is legit robbery.. Nikita is on the build FFS.. Canelo PPV's aren't even that pricey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back