Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Dubois is a talented boxer, I had a strong feeling he'd KO AJ.. just annoyed I had no money on it.

I'd like to see Dubois take on Usyk again if Usyk beats Fury again tbh.

For sure, Dubois v Usyk would be worth seeing again. That's likely not happening until probably mid next year though, we might see Dubois v Parker or something in the interim.

HW boxing is in a great state at the moment, has been for some years, I reckon since Wilder and Fury punched on for the first time. You wonder how things may have gone if that AJ v Wilder fight happened, pretty sure Fury got booked very soon after that one fell apart, and we ended up with Ruiz v AJ.

AJ's gameplan was atrocious though, I think he went in there thinking DDD was a bum... He should have went there trying to outbox Dubois and work himself into the fight, if the KO come it come... but he was looking for it from R1 with hands constantly down, you can't do that with someone of Dubois's punching power.

It was effectively over after the R1 knockdown, AJ can't recover like Fury that's for sure.

For sure, Dubois v Usyk would be worth seeing again. That's likely not happening until probably mid next year though, we might see Dubois v Parker or something in the interim.

HW boxing is in a great state at the moment, has been for some years, I reckon since Wilder and Fury punched on for the first time. You wonder how things may have gone if that AJ v Wilder fight happened, pretty sure Fury got booked very soon after that one fell apart, and we ended up with Ruiz v AJ.

It has been good for some years, the only issue with the AJ / Wilder / Fury era neither 3 fought the best consistently.

Dubois is a talented boxer, I had a strong feeling he'd KO AJ.. just annoyed I had no money on it.

I'd like to see Dubois take on Usyk again if Usyk beats Fury again tbh.

Dubois has legit power.
AJ has a rematch clause with Dubois so that'll be next and won't happen until March-April at best.
I could see Usyk retiring after Fury 2, what else is there to prove. A win over Parker/Bakole doesn't add much to his decorated CV. The Dubois win will age well too

You're more bullish on it than I am. There's not much coming through

Usyk
Fury
Parker
Dubois
Bakole
AJ
Zhang
Kabayel
Hrgovic
Itauma/Huni/Chisora/Anderson/Jalolov/Sanchez/Wallin/Wilder rounding out top 10

Here's one for anyone doubting Usyk as the best HW of this generation. For mine, he's the best of any weight in the post prime Floyd era

Fury & AJ have been dropped 8x each, Usyk 0!

You're more bullish on it than I am. There's not much coming through

Usyk
Fury
Parker
Dubois
Bakole
AJ
Zhang
Kabayel
Hrgovic
Itauma/Huni/Chisora/Anderson/Jalolov/Sanchez/Wallin/Wilder rounding out top 10

Here's one for anyone doubting Usyk as the best HW of this generation. For mine, he's the best of any weight in the post prime Floyd era

Fury & AJ have been dropped 8x each, Usyk 0!

I think I follow the HWs a bit more than the other divisions as well though. Nothing like the drama of heavyweight, you can get big weight, height and reach disparities which makes it interesting, and there are more knockouts too.

And yeah not arguing with you re Usyk, best HW since the Klitschkos

I think I follow the HWs a bit more than the other divisions as well though. Nothing like the drama of heavyweight, you can get big weight, height and reach disparities which makes it interesting, and there are more knockouts too.

And yeah not arguing with you re Usyk, best HW since the Klitschkos
HW is the most fun division by a mile but not the 'best' which for me is probably 135 atm

Goes in waves though, 147 was the premier division when Pac/Money etc were about. 175 probably the weakest yet has the best fight of the year in it with Beterbiev/Bivol

AJ has a rematch clause with Dubois so that'll be next and won't happen until March-April at best.
I could see Usyk retiring after Fury 2, what else is there to prove. A win over Parker/Bakole doesn't add much to his decorated CV. The Dubois win will age well too

Hearn come out today and said there is no rematch clause but he has a contracted fight in the Riyadh season.

Hopefully they don't put him in there with another tomato can for a rebuild, just give him another top contender... sink or swim at this point. The rebuild of Franklin / Helenius / Wallin / Ngannou took two years, AJ is too old for that type of thing again.

Dubois would probably take the rematch however, another big pay day so that's a option but I also like AJ v Parker, Parker doesn't really have power to hurt AJ badly so it'd be AJ's best matchup inside the Top 5... Zhang, Bakole and Kabayel all have power which AJ would be scared of at this point.

If Fury beats Usyk, surely we see a trilogy.. if Fury loses again.. Fury v AJ is still a big fight.. not what it once was though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hearn come out today and said there is no rematch clause but he has a contracted fight in the Riyadh season.

Hopefully they don't put him in there with another tomato can for a rebuild, just give him another top contender... sink or swim at this point. The rebuild of Franklin / Helenius / Wallin / Ngannou took two years, AJ is too old for that type of thing again.

Dubois would probably take the rematch however, another big pay day so that's a option but I also like AJ v Parker, Parker doesn't really have power to hurt AJ badly so it'd be AJ's best matchup inside the Top 5... Zhang, Bakole and Kabayel all have power which AJ would be scared of at this point.

If Fury beats Usyk, surely we see a trilogy.. if Fury loses again.. Fury v AJ is still a big fight.. not what it once was though.
AJ/Wilder for mine if we don't see the Dubios rematch. They're both pretty washed (Wilder more so) but the fight should have happened for years...

Parker deserves a big fight/payday but not sure he'll get AJ

AJ/Wilder for mine if we don't see the Dubios rematch. They're both pretty washed (Wilder more so) but the fight should have happened for years...

Parker deserves a big fight/payday but not sure he'll get AJ

I'd like that fight but.. I don't think Hearn / AJ will risk that on the back of a 5 KD fight against Dubois... he'll be looking for someone pillow fisted.

I'd like that fight but.. I don't think Hearn / AJ will risk that on the back of a 5 KD fight against Dubois... he'll be looking for someone pillow fisted.
Perhaps but Wilder is so washed, he barely throws punches now. Someone pillow fisted but skilled will hurt him more than Wilder of today IMO. Plus it's a big name 'legacy' fight

I'm thinking DD rematch anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back