news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

UFC is making the UK card 304 begin at the time that events in USA start. As far as I can tell the early prelims will kick off at 11pm in England. That is so fuxked up. Why even have an event there??
That is so shit for the local fans. Perth we got to the first fight at 6am (which was rough after the prior 2 nights drinking) so that's a reasonable 'compromise' to suit the US timezone. 11pm and pulling an all nighter is madness

Watch 'Attack on Wembley' on Netflix. The UK fans are absolute loons

Even the darts a few weeks ago had a huge crowd fight, think it was Manchester

Aspinall is on the card right? Imagine he gets cleaned up in the first round and all those crazy campaigners leaving at 3-4am, you couldn’t pay me enough to sort that lot out

It’s for the interim heavyweight I believe. So 30 minutes for 50-45
Defending the interim belt because the 'champ' who's been inactive for 2 years wants to wait and fight a guy coming off a loss and hasn't won for 4 years. Interim belt should be unified the very next fight, or the champ stripped. Kind of the point of it, you don't defend an interim belt

Complete botch job imo

5 rounds of wrestle****ing would piss them off even more ha ha! I'd back Aspinall to get it done anyway, he's the best HW currently and his grappling should be good enough to stay out of trouble for the most part.
If Blaydes comes to just lay and pray it could get really boring for thr locals but 25 mins is a long time to avoid getting starched or subbed. Asp should send the fans home happy I think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Edit- Just read that Chandler luckily found out just before he flew out.
I wonder what happened.... Maybe nugs enjoyed 302 a bit too much.

Regardless if this fight goes ahead or not McGregor's career was effectively over when he got as big as he got and fought Mayweather etc.... worth 100's of millions in a sport that generally pays peanuts, he doesn't have the motivation he had back in the day.

I'm loading up on Chandler if this does in fact go ahead, Chandler by KO.

Agreed good value, he's excelled against wrestlers where he's the better striker. Weary after the DDP fight but Chimaev cardio should be tested here

He did look absolutely juiced to the gills in a photo I saw though, cause for concern there!

Is it 5 rounds or 3?

Main event so should be 5. Assume a title eliminator too

This would be the main reason to back Whittaker, I don't think Chimaev has the tank to go 5.

Yea Whittaker win this easy, loading up on it.

A prime Whittaker yes, I think he's past his best now and he did cop a pasting against Costa even though he won.

I mean it's a banger of a fight though, a great fighter a bit past it vs a young fighter yet to peak.

Remove this Banner Ad

news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back