news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Pulling out of a potentially 9 figure revenue fight for a bruised little toe. Bloody hell
Has a fighter ever ruined his reputation in the fighting community more than Conor?
Would have had more respect even if he fought nobodies in exhibitions like Floyd but he's diminishing his legacy every day ATM

Has a fighter ever ruined his reputation in the fighting community more than Conor?
Would have had more respect even if he fought nobodies in exhibitions like Floyd but he's diminishing his legacy every day ATM
Problem is, does he care?

Loves the attention, makes more $ off his booze than fighting, and seemingly will have movie offers when fightings done. I'd have thought people would be off him completely by now but whilst the hardcores probably hate him there's 100x more casuals who don't know half of his BS that still like him...

Loves the attention, makes more $ off his booze than fighting, and seemingly will have movie offers when fightings done. I'd have thought people would be off him completely by now but whilst the hardcores probably hate him there's 100x more casuals who don't know half of his BS that still like him...
I still think there will always be a part of him that craves the fighter respect. Maybe I'm wrong tho and maybe he's already celebrating

I still think there will always be a part of him that craves the fighter respect. Maybe I'm wrong tho and maybe he's already celebrating
Absolutely there is. He doesn't even need to pretend he wants to do this, it's something else that keeps bringing him back. The person that came from nothing and got to the top of the mountain, he's still in there somewhere.

He probably will but geez he was shithouse in Roadhouse, just no good at all. I think they overreached a bit with how charismatic he might be as an actor, but he was terrible imo

I still don't think the Chandler fight happens, and I don't reckon Conor ever fights in the UFC again
Yeah I think he's done his dash. The UFC machine rolls on and investors don't see his giant pay against this quarters costs. The SP will drive the UFC decisions now more than anything else and if there's no material change there, they'll see Conor isn't needed to them.

In a way that should alarm every other fighter. There'll never be another huge earner in the UFC, Ngannou probably killed that but Conor is the final nail. I forget his name but a KSW champ wanted to join the UFC and they told him to go through DWCS haha. He signed for something like 30x more back in KSW. Hughes another prospect example, they wouldn't budge on the 12/12k offer when he's far above that level.

They've diluted the product massively, it has to backfire eventually doesn't it? It's still a star driven business (PPV), I'm not sure how weak they can make things before people stop paying absolute top $

Turki involved now though too wanting more Saudi shows. Who knows what the double excellent one will bring

Dana apparently said the year is mapped out now and Conor may not have a fight. he won't book anything until he knows he's 100% healthy

Bruised toe is a cover, maybe Chael's rehab claim is legit
Just checking. You do know there was a clean break through the little toe bone?
Also, we're not even half way through this year, Dana could really only have a rough-ish idea about how the next 6 months look especially the last quarter.

Just checking. You do know there was a clean break through the little toe bone?
Also, we're not even half way through this year, Dana could really only have a rough-ish idea about how the next 6 months look especially the last quarter.
It was the little toe, it was a nothing injury. Conor cannot be defended on that and should never have posted the picture as some kind of 'proof'

The fact they're not longer begging to get him back asap is telling enough. Being non-committal kind of says they're prepared to move on from him and rightly so

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was the little toe, it was a nothing injury. Conor cannot be defended on that and should never have posted the picture as some kind of 'proof'

The fact they're not longer begging to get him back asap is telling enough. Being non-committal kind of says they're prepared to move on from him and rightly so

I snapped my little toe in half doing BJJ and couldn't walk properly for almost 2 months. Conor's pic doesn't look like a small fracture from the colour of it.

I'm not making excuses for the bloke because he has obviously hung shit on RDA for pulling out with a broken foot before, but it's not a nothing injury. I'm training with a fractured big toe now, and it's nothing in comparison to how bad my snapped pinky was.

I snapped my little toe in half doing BJJ and couldn't walk properly for almost 2 months. Conor's pic doesn't look like a small fracture from the colour of it.

I'm not making excuses for the bloke because he has obviously hung shit on RDA for pulling out with a broken foot before, but it's not a nothing injury. I'm training with a fractured big toe now, and it's nothing in comparison to how bad my snapped pinky was.

My workmate does jiu jitsu and snapped his pinkie taking his shorts off after practice. Even funnier it was his first practice after doing his MCL, he came home limping and his wife berated him, "you came back too quick from the knee" etc. He had to explain why he was limping then to the mirth of his beloved ha ha

But yeah it seems it can be fairly debilitating, I'm just not sure if we're getting the truth of what's going on with Conor. If you look at his socials and the way he seems to be carrying on, booze and persian rugs seem to be prominent. Coupled with inactivity and being in a very good financial position (I think) I just can't see him getting back.

He really should be looking at boxing anyway, Jake Paul or that sort of thing, he could probably earn a mint from the freak show fights, but I think he's still under contract with the UFC, maybe two fights?

My workmate does jiu jitsu and snapped his pinkie taking his shorts off after practice. Even funnier it was his first practice after doing his MCL, he came home limping and his wife berated him, "you came back too quick from the knee" etc. He had to explain why he was limping then to the mirth of his beloved ha ha

But yeah it seems it can be fairly debilitating, I'm just not sure if we're getting the truth of what's going on with Conor. If you look at his socials and the way he seems to be carrying on, booze and persian rugs seem to be prominent. Coupled with inactivity and being in a very good financial position (I think) I just can't see him getting back.

He really should be looking at boxing anyway, Jake Paul or that sort of thing, he could probably earn a mint from the freak show fights, but I think he's still under contract with the UFC, maybe two fights?

I read that he runs his own training these days and brings his main coaches in towards the fight date. I'm not sure that's a recipe for success.

He has one foot in and one foot out.

I read that he runs his own training these days and brings his main coaches in towards the fight date. I'm not sure that's a recipe for success.

He has one foot in and one foot out.

I don't think anyone should be a captain coach when it comes to fighting, you need a trusted trainer (and team) the whole way through I'd reckon. I do hope he gets back in the cage FWIW, his fights have been events for a long time, can't think of a boring one he's been in really (other than Diaz 2 maybe)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back