news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really though, Tai made it to #3 in the heavyweight division with **** all kickboxing skills and no wrestling. Heavyweight is weak af really, most guys are between 145-185 that's where the talent is. The technical skills of a Volk/Holloway/Islam/Leon etc are miles above the higher weight classes outside unicorns like Aspinall.

I agree with you, that’s what I meant, the lower weight classes are way more skilled basically. Your example of Tai is fair, he got by on big punching, heart and chin, his equivalent at BW would be nowhere near the UFC.

I agree with you, that’s what I meant, the lower weight classes are way more skilled basically. Your example of Tai is fair, he got by on big punching, heart and chin, his equivalent at BW would be nowhere near the UFC.
Yeah sorry mate maybe I read it wrong. I mean I love Poatan but he's basically beating pure 'ufc kickboxers' in kickboxing easy af.

Yea that's a fight I'd like to see again somehow. Wanted Perera to be decisive but it wasn't at all in fact if I had to pick a winner it was Jan.
Nah Jan did **** all apart from hold him. One of the least interesting fights ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spivak v Tybura 2 announced as main event coming up. Didn't know they fought and how weak are these main events getting

Seriously put 2 fighters in the top 15 from 135 - 170 against one another and they're better main events than what they're doing

Is Bobby Green injured? His odds are climbing v Pimblett which surprises me

Spivak v Tybura 2 announced as main event coming up. Didn't know they fought and how weak are these main events getting

Seriously put 2 fighters in the top 15 from 135 - 170 against one another and they're better main events than what they're doing

Is Bobby Green injured? His odds are climbing v Pimblett which surprises me
Heavyweight main events should only be 3 rounds outside of title fights

No one wants to watch these two struggle to breathe for the last 3 rounds

Who else is getting over Jon Jones? If this was anyone else he would have been stripped by now and the division would have moved on, its now coming up on 18 months that belt has been held hostage and lets face it its a pretend belt anyhow he beat Ciryl Gane for a vacant belt, Gane got rocked by Tuivasa for **** sakes and was a absolute cherry pick as he has no ground game.

Still no announcement of this joke of a fight against Stipe is actually going to take place, UFC need to either strip Jones or make him fight Aspinall on his return and not Stipe, Stipe hasn't fought for 3 and a half ****ing years in which he got sparked bad... I get Jones is a great but this is beyond sucking him off.

Who else is getting over Jon Jones? If this was anyone else he would have been stripped by now and the division would have moved on, its now coming up on 18 months that belt has been held hostage and lets face it its a pretend belt anyhow he beat Ciryl Gane for a vacant belt, Gane got rocked by Tuivasa for **** sakes and was a absolute cherry pick as he has no ground game.

Still no announcement of this joke of a fight against Stipe is actually going to take place, UFC need to either strip Jones or make him fight Aspinall on his return and not Stipe, Stipe hasn't fought for 3 and a half ****ing years in which he got sparked bad... I get Jones is a great but this is beyond sucking him off.
Been over him for years. Conor had been given a lot of latitude. So if you’re a knob but sell you get a pass to holdup a division.

Aspinall being interim champion is a joke. Give him the ****ing belt or make Jones get in the cage with him ffs.

Aspinall being interim champion is a joke. Give him the ****ing belt or make Jones get in the cage with him ffs.

Absolutely this, he's defended his "interim" title twice now right, and then he'll have to fight for the actual strap again. This is assuming Stipe v Jones isn't delayed again, he might be a three time interim champ!

By the time he has the actual belt he's probably nearly cleaned out the division which is ****in stupid of course.

Absolutely this, he's defended his "interim" title twice now right, and then he'll have to fight for the actual strap again. This is assuming Stipe v Jones isn't delayed again, he might be a three time interim champ!

By the time he has the actual belt he's probably nearly cleaned out the division which is ****in stupid of course.

Yes it’s rediculous in itself to retain the interim belt.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back