Mystery The Great Pyramid and the Sphinx

Remove this Banner Ad

Ha! As soon as Grafton Elliot-Smith's name is mentioned, the credibility of the article drops about 50%. Not a particularly convincing authority to quote re Egyptology theories.....
He's more credible than Charles darwin

He's more credible than Charles darwin

Let's see, one of them proposed the most important idea in Biology, which after 156 years has become the absolute bedrock of the entire discipline. Tested and re-tested thousands of times and so far fully corroborated (probably because it's true).

The other, not so much.

Let's see, one of them proposed the most important idea in Biology, which after 156 years has become the absolute bedrock of the entire discipline. Tested and re-tested thousands of times and so far fully corroborated (probably because it's true).

The other, not so much.

He's just keeping in theme with the dodgy websites and exaggerating everything.

I always read over and over again that they don't know how the people of Easter Island carved these figures out of the stone and than moved them miles over hilly terrain to their final resting places looking over the ocean. Yet, it took about 20 normal people using the original primate resources they had on hand at the time only 1 day(to drag) to replicate how they did it. In fact they found more than one way to do it. I imagine the mystery of the pyramids would be much the same but instead of needing 20 people you might need 200 or 2000 and instead of taking 1 day it might take 1000 or more.

Yep. It was actually a pretty simple task to move those stones, and yet we are supposed to believe that it was beyond the capabilities of the greatest ancient civilization to harness the manpower of thousands of slaves to move large slabs of rock? The pharaohs were unbelievably wealthy; that they were able to build these monuments is only natural. The Maya and Aztecs built massive edifices and they weren't nearly as numerous or wealthy as the Egyptians.

If you're saying it was slaves you need to be able to show how they provided for them. they need food,shelter,water, guards, toilets. Gaurds needed all that to and the guards needed women.The women needed all that as well.

You need political and military organization. This would of been the epicenter of the worlds population.

the story does not add up, not the one Christianity shares

If you're saying it was slaves you need to be able to show how they provided for them. they need food,shelter,water, guards, toilets. Gaurds needed all that to and the guards needed women.The women needed all that as well.

You need political and military organization. This would of been the epicenter of the worlds population.

the story does not add up, not the one Christianity shares

So how did they build them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've always found the the conventional theory tendered for how they built the pyramid to be father improbable.

This recent theory proposed by a French architect is brilliant and completely plausible.

it basically involves an 'indoor ramp' which would still be in place.

He also explains, with as much clarity and precision, from a totally engineering and construction viewpoint the purpose of the Great Chamber with its vaulted roof and what it's for.

The latest update of this is they were waiting on probing what was in the 'gap'.

Worth a look purely from a construction point of view.

http://phys.org/news/2014-04-ancient-egyptians-pyramid-stones-sand.html

Simple but ingenious - moistened sand is twice as easy to pull laden sleds across than dry sand.

wallpainting.jpg

You think it was desert covered in sand ,like it is now, when they were built?

It wasn't. it was fertile land that flooded every season allowing farmers to grow crops in the autumn and winter..
I'm inclined to listen to experts more than, say, some dude on the internet.

For the construction of the pyramids, the ancient Egyptians had to transport heavy blocks of stone and large statues across the desert. The Egyptians therefore placed the heavy objects on a sledge that workers pulled over the sand. Research from the University of Amsterdam has now revealed that the Egyptians probably made the desert sand in front of the sledge wet. Experiments have demonstrated that the correct amount of dampness in the sand halves the pulling force required.

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2014-04-ancient-egyptians-pyramid-stones-sand.html#jCp

Why are these stories clearly on biased websites? I would love to hear from other scientists on these claims. Surely people must have differing opinions otherwise it would just be fact?
Interesting,fact is scientists actually work for living.
Early egyptian digs were paid for by rich people wanting prizes for their personal museums.
Scientists dont get out of bed in the morning to prove theories and study things they are not paid for.
Also,theory about any subject is held to be true by scientists until proven otherwise,so sometimes we wait until some poor unfortunate person can get a government grant to study these things.
Most governments give out grants for medical and other important studies.
They struggle to explain to the voters why they gave money to a scientist to study ufos and other phenomina.

It doesn't explain a lot of things. The mathematics used, the design elements, the perfection in building something so intricate with a hammer and a chisel. The list goes on.

"revelations of the pyramids" was on the History channel last night when I flicked over.

If anyone reading this thread has not seen it, do yourself a favour.

mmmmmmmmm 12 feet tall and not made out of the normal heavy stone.
doesnt explain spires 80 feet tall and made out of one rock being moved 500 miles.
nor stonehenge rocks.

Not sure if this from the same show I saw but they made sure the weight was close to the real deal because well..science.

It doesn't explain a lot of things. The mathematics used, the design elements, the perfection in building something so intricate with a hammer and a chisel. The list goes on.

"revelations of the pyramids" was on the History channel last night when I flicked over.

If anyone reading this thread has not seen it, do yourself a favour.
saw it and they skipped over some things{not unusual for these shows}
yes the maths about these structures is just astonishing.
but in the history of mankind,there always seems to be some smart alec that comes up with pi.
just natural born people who have a great insight into maths.
so the measurements could be a natural standard measurement in that country at the time.
but for me there is too many unbelievable things about these structures that are unexplainable.
ive got some recent koori news thats sweeping the scientific world if your interested.
it has been 10 years in the making and opens the american debate,.

Last edited:
ive got some recent koori news thats sweeping the scientific world if your interested.

Probably worth a thread. I've always thought that with the length of time this continent has been inhabited that there must be more than just paintings and holes in rocks ready to be uncovered.

\
Start a thread on it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mystery The Great Pyramid and the Sphinx

Remove this Banner Ad

Back