The Greatest Modern Day Sniper

Remove this Banner Ad

Brought up in a recent discussion. Pretty easy 1,2,3 for me.

1. Sam Mitchell - undisputed king of the sneaky cork among other dastardly acts
2. Trent the Sniper - piles the victims up with a smile and not a hair out of place
3. Toby Greene - introduced us to studs out, has to go in (for stupidity more than anything)

1673074871735.gif

Wasn’t Barry Hall pretty bad. There is always a vid of him king hitting somebody.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Trent is too pussy whipped and cuckholded to be regarded as a sniper.

Has to be Barry Hall, I literally could hear Staker's Jaw snap when he slugged him, although from a trolling and shit fight perspective Gaff on Andy Brayshaw was also memorable.

Trent is too pussy whipped and cuckholded to be regarded as a sniper.

Has to be Barry Hall, I literally could hear Staker's Jaw snap when he slugged him, although from a trolling and s**t fight perspective Gaff on Andy Brayshaw was also memorable.
Both outstanding noms but more in the king hit category for me. The others mentioned were outstanding inflicting pain without getting caught.

The opposite would be our own Cam Mooney who was reported a zillion times and never hurt anyone.

Brought up in a recent discussion. Pretty easy 1,2,3 for me.

1. Sam Mitchell - undisputed king of the sneaky cork among other dastardly acts like tearing my Handbaggers a newie as captain of the Hawks in 2008.
2. Trent the Sniper - piles the victims up with a smile and not a hair out of place
3. Toby Greene - introduced us to studs out, has to go in (for stupidity more than anything)

View attachment 1582623
:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Last edited:
Both outstanding noms but more in the king hit category for me. The others mentioned were outstanding inflicting pain without getting caught.

The opposite would be our own Cam Mooney who was reported a zillion times and never hurt anyone.

Bit like Jarrod 'so much potential' Waite for us at Carlton lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good thread!

I'm not sure you could call Barry a sniper. He was more a main battle tank!

Whilst a bottom 50 alumnus, Kyle Hartigan in Hawks livery should definitely get a mention! Was a master at the careless swinging arm spoil that missed the ball but could move a forwards earlobe to the top of their head! Even managed to get suspended based upon footage supplied by the Carlton cheer squad rather than official AFL footage!

Juddy of course has to be up there for uncharacteristic pressure point manipulation

Gavin Wanganeen was one I thought was always very good at being in the wrong place at the right time. The old "careless tackle, carefully timed".

Ooooh, Cyril got suspended for "attempted striking" that one time. That's like super sniper stealthy!

Jack Riewoldt has been pretty good at "attempted marking sniping".

Hawks have always been pretty good at having blokes who become all elbows and knees when falling. Stratts, obviously. But I reckon Lance Picione even had the great Captain Pinchy covered at that game!

But I must lodge a protest about the great Brownlow Medallist Sam Mitchell being included in this list. Yes for sure, he banged in a couple of stealth corkies over the journey, even managing to break Nate Fyfe's the following season. But if I may repeat a rebuttal to some Essendon supporting friends I offered some years ago who were offended by the "unsociable" Hawks: "As someone who watches every single Hawks game, I see Sam Mitchell taken out illegally and robustly off the ball multiple times per game. So if he manages to get a few clips in going back the other way, well in the words of the great SGT MAJOR Williams: 'Too bad, so sad, never mind!' " I don't reckon he would've even made the Hawks Sniper podium in that team, with Hodgey, Jordan Lewis and Brian Lake covering him easily.

Lynch of Richmond is a good call. Never really seen hIm front up in a stoush but he drops a lot of knees.

That said like Mitchell was, hes a prime target for fair and unfair hits. Its expected if a loose defender cuts off the lead the FF gets to give them a reminder. I guess its less acceptable from him than from a real star like Jack Riewoldt because hes such a bed-wetting sook all the time.

Toby Greene isnt a sniper, hes an annoying toddler at daycare having an extended tanty. Such a waste of talent.

Lynch of Richmond is a good call. Never really seen hIm front up in a stoush but he drops a lot of knees.

That said like Mitchell was, hes a prime target for fair and unfair hits. Its expected if a loose defender cuts off the lead the FF gets to give them a reminder. I guess its less acceptable from him than from a real star like Jack Riewoldt because hes such a bed-wetting sook all the time.

Toby Greene isnt a sniper, hes an annoying toddler at daycare having an extended tanty. Such a waste of talent.

Who was it whacked Mitchell in the nads? Dan Kerr.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Greatest Modern Day Sniper

Remove this Banner Ad

Back